* .FR Domain & Hosting Issue

Hi,

I stay in India, and wanted the a European domain name. Since Marcaria facilitated the purchase of EU domain names for non-EU residents, I bought one from them.

Important Points:
    • I purchased a domain with the .fr extension
      Marcaria is ICANN accredited.
      The Error
      Can't Host my domain's website on JustHost because...

The Error:
    When I go to DNS Profiles under Domain Configuration on my domain's (Marcaria) dashboard and add JustHost's Name Servers I ge the following error:

Your new DNS server information was NOT saved.

The domain authority for this extension requires verification that the domain (zone) is setup correctly at all name servers. At least one of the specified servers is not responding correctly; please contact your host provider so they fix this, then try the update again.

Non authoritative answer from server ns1.justhost.com (74.220.195.45)
    Non authoritative answer from server ns2.justhost.com (69.89.16.126)

Can't Host my domain's website on JustHost because...

I have been trying to host my .fr domain name's website on JustHost. But I can't. No one is helping me! JustHost says Marcaria is at fault. Marcaria says JustHost is at fault.

Marcaria Says:

The new DNS you want to set for your domain brijesh.fr does not pass the French Zone Check: http://screencast.com/t/bifeFqH96kfA

Your host provider has to configure the both DNS for your domain and make them authoritative. Since the new DNS does belong to another hosting provider, we can not administer them. Please contact your hosting provider.

The DNS are configured correctly when they pass the following check:
    http://www.afnic.fr/en/products-and-...eck/full-form/

JustHost Says:

AFNIC (The sole registrar of .fr domains) does not follow the ICANN policies for name server queries. Because of this reason we are unable to handle domain names with .FR extensions.

Ultimately our name servers do not allow Zone Transfers on TCP Port 53 due to security reasons. AFNIC (the sole registrar of .fr domains) requires a nameserver query (via TCP port 53) prior to pointing the name servers. This is an unfortunate situation which is unique to AFNIC. Other registrars are fully able to query our name servers on TCP port 43 (the ICANN required port).

Unfortunately there is not a work around on our end that would allow this query to go through. The only option we can suggest is that you find a company that offers only DNS hosting to which you can point your domain name servers. From that service, you can point A RECORDS and MX records to our server and fully host your domain name with us.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but because of the security risk we are not able to allow zone transfers on TCP Port 53 the way your registrar is trying to access them.

Who is at fault? I don't understand. All I know and understand is that my website is down and I am feeling stuck between the two. Hope someone can help me resolve this.

Best,
    Brijesh
    Last edited by BFR1; 09-30-2014 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Improved it

If Marcaria offers some kind of DNS management tools you could simply have your domain's nameservers pointed to their DNS management and create an A record for your domain to point to the IP address you have your JustHost account on.

If they don't offer DNS management tools you can use a free one such as CloudFlare, add your domain to CloudFlare and in their DNS management create an A record as mentioned above.
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

Quote Originally Posted by [HB]Andrei View Post
    If Marcaria offers some kind of DNS management tools you could simply have your domain's nameservers pointed to their DNS management and create an A record for your domain to point to the IP address you have your JustHost account on.

If they don't offer DNS management tools you can use a free one such as CloudFlare, add your domain to CloudFlare and in their DNS management create an A record as mentioned above.
    Thanks for replying.

Yes, they do offer DNS Management Tools. I see the following:

DNS Name Servers
    Currently set to Marcaria.com servers. You are able to use many of the services listed here, including our Hosting and Forwarding services.
    DNS Records
    In this section you are able to edit A, MX, CNAME records. You can point your domain to a web site by pointing to an IP Address or set your own email servers with "MX Records".

But, I don't understand what to do next (what to insert, where to insert, what to add to my JustHost account.) FAQ's and google didn't help much. It just confused me more.

So, how do I configure/add an A Record?

First go to your cPanel account you have at JustHost and on the left side you will see a panel called "Stats", below which you will see a link "expand stats", click that link to see the full account stats, after which you will be able to see the account's Shared IP Address, copy it and save it somewhere.

Then read this article on how to setup an A record on Marcaria:
    https://www.marcaria.com/absolutelsf....asp?faqid=488

Be sure to setup the records as follows:
    yourdomain.fr -> A Record -> IP Address of your account
    www -> CNAME -> Alias of yourdomain.fr

I hope this helps.
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

You have 2 options:
    1. Use an european web hosting that works with AFNIC
    2. Use a CDN or a DNS management service.
    AlienWebs.com - Professional Web Services
    Web Design, Hosting & Maintenance Services.

Quote Originally Posted by [HB]Andrei View Post
    First go to your cPanel account you have at JustHost and on the left side you will see a panel called "Stats", below which you will see a link "expand stats", click that link to see the full account stats, after which you will be able to see the account's Shared IP Address, copy it and save it somewhere.

Then read this article on how to setup an A record on Marcaria:
    https://www.marcaria.com/absolutelsf....asp?faqid=488

Be sure to setup the records as follows:
    yourdomain.fr -> A Record -> IP Address of your account
    www -> CNAME -> Alias of yourdomain.fr

I hope this helps.
    Thanks. It worked, and my website is finally up! I'm so happy.

@andrei Thumbs Up. WHT is being used for right purpose now.
    Crypracks.com | Premium Bare Metal Servers at Budget
    Powerful Dedicated Servers and VPS servers | Instant Setup
    Quote ? - Sales @ Crypracks.com

Quote Originally Posted by alienwebs View Post
    2. Use a CDN or a DNS management service.
    I don't see how CDN would help here.
    Clouvider Limited; Leading USA & Europe Cloud Hosting Solution Provider
    Web hosting in Cloud | VPS servers in 8 Datacenters with Intel Xeon and AMD Epyc CPUs | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services
    100% Uptime Guarantee | Fully Redundant | 24/7 Technical Support