Red face Comparable hosts to Hostgiga.com ?

Anyone out there dealt with hostgiga.com recently? I wanted to purchase 500MB at just $2.95/mth from them, but read posts about their slowness in setting up accounts. Are there any hosts offering similiar packages as them BUT with much more reliability?

Your experience with hostgiga.com if possible pls. Thanks.

The price of the hosting might be a bit of a giveaway as to why they aren't to fast in responses. Most hosts that charge that amount don't have as much money for staff. You might want to consider raising your budget a bit and finding someone reliable.
    • Greg Lubbelinkhof

Yeah, remember the old cliches:
    "You get what you pay for" and
    "If it's too good to be true, it probably is"

That being said, I have no experience with them. I'm just talking in general.
    TrapZero Hosting
    Web, Forum, E-mail hosting and more for business and personal users. Accepting PayPal.

FMVperformance Automotive Communities

The possibility for finding a good host at that price is moderate. You have to be cautious, you'll run into many fly by night hosts.

Best luck, and shop around. Test out support beforehand.

Be sure to check out the offers forum here at WHT.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

Good suggest there, generouswebhostin - Test Out Support Beforehand... never more true.

The latest findings: After emailing and calling HostGiga.Com and NOC24.com (that appatently manage the former) for 2 days, I gave up. There's simply ZERO response from them, and I was wondering what happen to those who paid thru their credit card system for a package...

Anyway - HostGiga and NOC24 are defunct as far as I'm concern. I hope nobody will take any risk with them. Period.

Just write a mail to another host you like, and compare the response time appearently hostgiga is out of the picture

2 days, no response?
    I wouldn't cast a second glance at them.

yea definitely stay far away... some people just are attracted to the site design and false promises. Sometimes a company that appears small is more dedicated and offers better support. you may be able to prepay for a year with that price and receive a better deal. Contact the host your interested in, and ask for custom plans.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

Its a good thing you came here. If you want to purchase hosting, you gotta do your research and get to know what others think about the company and how they respond to you.

I dealt with HostGiga (I was one of the ones complaining about their glacially slow setup time). It wouldn't have seemed so bad (their slowness), had they not specifically advertised that setup time was super-quick. Then when they refused to acknowledge my complaints about setup times (after 36 hours of waiting) and refused to acknowledge my desire to cancel and get my money back, well, forget it. (They did manage to eventually set up my account, but by thenβ€”too little, too late.) I did get a refund, only after lighting a fire under them by calling the third party service that handles their billing and asking about getting a refund. Had I not done that, I have no idea how long it would have taken to get some sort of response from them.

I have no dealings with the company that bought them out, so maybe they will be better. I guess we'll have to wait until others here give their first-hand experiences.

Slow servers? Thats no good, at least they are a bit dependable... I am not sure, its a good thing more and more stories are shown on the forum :-P

Originally posted by drhamad@t0host
    Yeah, remember the old cliches:
    "You get what you pay for" and
    "If it's too good to be true, it probably is"

That being said, I have no experience with them. I'm just talking in general.
    Extremely good advice, if all WHT users listened to that, we'd have far less bad reviews written here.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.