Cheap storage-server (Hetzner/OVH alternatives?)

Hello!

I'm looking for a preferably cheap (or, reasonably priced) storage-server hosted in a European DC.

CPU and RAM isn't really that important, however diskspace is. I'd be looking at 3x1.5TB or better

I've checked Hetzner and OVH, but not really sure what's the best for me. If anyone has any good alternatives, please let me know!

Did you have a budget you can say here. That would certainly help with pointing you in the right direction.
    Steadfast: Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation - New Jersey, Chicago
    jeremy @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689 x218
    New Datacenter In New Jersey Now Available!

Hey,

I totally forgot about posting a budget. Budget would be max 100-130 Euro or 171 USD

Finding better than Hetzner for the price will be hard. Their new series are even with 3TB SATA III hard drives.

I strongly recommend that you go for Enterprise Hard Drives. Those are hard drives especially built for 24/7 operations. Western Digital's name for this is RE4.

We deal with thousands of servers and in the past we did not use RE4 for all our servers and we've had to deal with a lot of angry customers who had dying hard drives.

I would not trust 3TB hard drives at this moment.
    • Dedicated Servers in Europe and Asia: http://www.server.lu
    SINGAPORE and LUXMBOURG Servers with IPMI
    • Peering @ AMS-IX, DE-CIX, LINX, FRANCE-IX, EQUINIX SINGAPORE-PARIS-ASHBURN-CHICAGO-DALLAS-PALO ALTO-LOS ANGELES and LU-CIX •

Well, as long as i can get atleast 6TB or more diskspace for as cheap as possible, it doesn't really matter. Transfer isn't really important either, hetzner's 5TB is good enough.

Check these guys out: http://mydedis.com/dedicated.html go to personal. They have a 4 x 2TB hdd. I believe their are a OVH reseller.
    ¦ Ernie - ColoCrossing by HostPapa | Enterprise Colocation and Baremetal Services
    ¦ Colocation | Dedicated Servers | Private Cloud | Managed Services | IP Transit
    ¦ Buffalo, NY | Los Angeles | Atlanta | Chicago | Dallas | Atlanta | San Jose | Seattle
    ¦ Equick @ colocrossing.com

Quote Originally Posted by HVHost View Post
    Check these guys out: http://mydedis.com/dedicated.html go to personal. They have a 4 x 2TB hdd. I believe their are a OVH reseller.
    Yeah they are, and their 4x2TB deal is about twice the original price off OVH

Anyone got any other recommendations apart from OVH or Hetzner?

Yes, build one yourself and colocate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin-D View Post
    Yes, build one yourself and colocate it.
    With the current costs of harddrives, not sure if that'd be such a wise decision. If i had the total funds up-front and drives were cheaper, maybe i would.