How do I cancel all ties to Lycos/Tripod???

Hi there I'm having the following problem and I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I've been trying for the past 4 months trying to cancel my stupid accounts with lycos/tripod with no luck. From the Lycos help page it said to send a feedback form to them but nothing happens. From the Tripod page, I followed the "cancel my membership" link under "my accounts" and all it did was take me in a circle and eventually ended up at the member registration page which is very weird???? If anyone know how to cancel all ties with lycos/tripod I would love to know about it since I'm sick and tired of paying them $8.95 month after month. Please email me at sleekfd@aol.com if you know the answer. thanks!

thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

You could try their feedback form at http://help.lycos.com/LycosHelp/help...ripod_form.htm

and select 'Delete WebSite' and probably put a note in there to say you want to cancel the account.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

Oh the joy of problems with free hosts :x
    James Talbot
    TLBInteractive
    E-Mail - james@tlbinteractive.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Veg
    Oh the joy of problems with free hosts :x
    They also have paid services which the original thread starter already stated he is sick of paying them. So it's not free.
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for the link, but I believe that I've tried that before and got no response. Any other ideas? I've never thought that cancelling an account can be such a pain in the butt!
      0 Not allowed!

Check to see if there is a number you can call or fax or snail mail them. They must have thought that no one cancel.

http://help.lycos.com/scripts/tripod...cGFnZT0x&p_li=

has it as

"How do I cancel my Tripod Paid subscription?

Answer
    To cancel a Tripod Paid Account (Tripod Plus, Tripod Pro, Tripod Webmaster, Tripod Deluxe):

If you have a Tripod Paid account (Tripod Plus, Tripod Pro, Tripod Webmaster, Tripod Deluxe) and you would like to keep your Web site up but downgrade back to the Free service, you may do so at any time. Keep in mind that if you are cancelling a Pro, Webmaster or Deluxe plan, you will lose your domain name if you downgrade to Plus or Free or if you cancel altogether.

Please log into Tripod and then go to the My Account page. At the bottom there will be a link that says Cancel your Membership under the Membership Information area. Click on this link and click on the YES, I want to CANCEL button. Make sure you fill out all the required fields on the Cancellation Survey page. You will be prompted to enter your password again. Then verify your membership information by clicking "I Agree" at the bottom of the page.

Sometimes this process will go slowly as it is being processed. If you close your browser, hit stop, or hit the back button, the cancellation will not go through and you will still be charged as a paid user. If you arent sure if the cancellation went through, log out, then log back in to your My account page to check on your account status.

Once that has been processed, your auto renew will be turned off and your Web site will revert to the Free service.

To delete your web site, please log into Tripod and go to the My Account Page. At the bottom there is a link that says .Cancel your Membership. Click on that and you will be prompted to type in your password again. If you are sure you need to delete your web site, click on the Delete Everything button.

"

No sure if this helps.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

eddy: thanks for your reply...I was able to come up with their phone number from my Bank of America statement. I'll call them monday hopefully they're more helpful than their website. This is absolutely rediculous BTW.
      0 Not allowed!

I used to work for Tripod. If you don't get any response via phone, PM me and I'll see what I can find out from friends who still work there. They may have outsourced their CS (like everyone else) and since their parent company is in Spain - well, you never know these days.

Anyway - try the phone. They used to be pretty responsive on the phone. If that doesn't work, I'll see what other avenues are open to you.

And if all else fails, you can always dispute the charges until they get the message.
      0 Not allowed!

BlackDove: I called the number from my statement today and was able to talk to a guy who said I have 3 accounts with tripod!! Anyway, he supposedly cancelled all 3 of them for me, but you never know. I'm just pissed about their website that takes you in a circle when you try to cancel, and when you think you've cancelled the next thing you know is that you can log right back in! Absolutely unbelievable!
      0 Not allowed!

Cool - onsite cancellations are usually immediate, so you can check to see if they really are cancelled by trying to login. It should tell you the username/password is invalid.

And yeah - controlling and directing traffic is the name of the game - not user friendly navigation. They want to show you as much "real estate" as possible in order to force you to view as many ads as possible. They are in the eyeball selling business. Selling ads to companies is how they make their money. That's why they force everyone to deal with so many popups and ads everywhere.
      0 Not allowed!

what is the number to call lycos/tripod

Quote Originally Posted by sleekfd View Post
    BlackDove: I called the number from my statement today and was able to talk to a guy who said I have 3 accounts with tripod!! Anyway, he supposedly cancelled all 3 of them for me, but you never know. I'm just pissed about their website that takes you in a circle when you try to cancel, and when you think you've cancelled the next thing you know is that you can log right back in! Absolutely unbelievable!
    Hi,

what is the number you called? I have been trying to reach them for months
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by babyface_sweets View Post
    what is the number you called? I have been trying to reach them for months
    This thread is 12+ years old and unlikely to still be monitored by those involved. </thread>
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!