Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PingZine Ads for hosting companies?

Anyone had any luck with ads placed in PingZine for reseller hosting?
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

you might have to go though someone in pr
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™
      0 Not allowed!

How often does pingzine come out? It is a free subscription right? I only ever received one copy back in December.
      0 Not allowed!

i think whenever they feel like it.

I think there has been 3 issues so far...perhaps they keep waiting for enough advertisers to make their rip worth it.
    the end of the world is upon us...absolute power corrupting absolutely...free speech is never free...

...mod friendly signature compliant
      0 Not allowed!

It is printed four times per year (quarterly) as I understand it.
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: PingZine Ads for hosting companies?

Originally posted by KIAHost
    Anyone had any luck with ads placed in PingZine for reseller hosting?
    Depending on the specific target audience you want to reach is what will determine the success of your company's advertisement in the Ping!Zine Magazine.

You should first request a media packet from them, http://www.pingzine.com/advertise.php.

From there, you should look to see if they offer any demographic statistics; the purpose and goal of your advertisement in the magazine should focus around those two very important elements.

The purpose---why are you advertising (to influence entreprenuers, assist resellers going through tramatic experienced with a current provider)?

The goals---what results do you want to see (new orders, how long will you run your adv. campaign in Ping!Zine, and will you use industry jargon)?

There is a ton of questions you could ask yourself, but start with those first.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by buba69
    i think whenever they feel like it.

I think there has been 3 issues so far...perhaps they keep waiting for enough advertisers to make their rip worth it.
    not really. we have a set schedule but we had a delay with this issue. People should be getting the next issue sometime this week.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by midphase-Dan
    It is printed four times per year (quarterly) as I understand it.
    It's printed more than 4 times a year
      0 Not allowed!

Susanne from PingZine said it was bi-monthly
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

IMO - most people that get pingzine are hosting companies.. and its saturated with hosting company ads.... ironic..
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!
      0 Not allowed!

They arent worth it unless your product compliments webhosting, but for webhosting.. no no.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by thehostworks
    IMO - most people that get pingzine are hosting companies.. and its saturated with hosting company ads.... ironic..
    please take a look at our media kit and see what our target readers are before you make that statement. Not all readers are hosting companies
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    They arent worth it unless your product compliments webhosting, but for webhosting.. no no.
    Matt, you're a great person and all from our chats but you haven't tried our advertising so how can you make the assumption without testing it out?
      0 Not allowed!

IMHO*
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    IMHO*
    i'm not going to argue but your point is "pointless"
      0 Not allowed!

I can't speak from the perspective of a hosting company, but as a supplier to the hosting industry, I can honestly say that my advertising efforts in PingZine far outperform any of my other advertising campaigns.

Kudos to P!Z...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

I signed up about two days ago to get my sub. but I don't think you should advertise. Because it is bascially for hosts and not for people looking for hosts. Maybe if you advertise reseller accounts or domain regs. than it might be worth it. But I could be wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by GCHosting
    I signed up about two days ago to get my sub. but I don't think you should advertise. Because it is bascially for hosts and not for people looking for hosts. Maybe if you advertise reseller accounts or domain regs. than it might be worth it. But I could be wrong.
    you haven't even received your issue yet and you're already assuming its just for hosts. Also please take a look at our demographics.
      0 Not allowed!

KIAHost, highly consider my advice. You asked about success, and people are telling you Ping!Zine isn't the proper place for you to advertise--completely offtopic and comments like that could be damaging to Ping!Zine.

You should definitely take a close look at the demographics, study it and analyze it. That should determine whether or not you wish to advertise in the magazine, because success all depends on who you want to target and if that specific target audience had a good turnout for you.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here
      0 Not allowed!

None of you guys have advertised yet so until you run in ad in our magazine there should be word about it as ineffective as you're passing on negative comments without even trying us out which isn't fair.

i find myself defending the magazine by every member in this thread.
      0 Not allowed!

To tarnish the thread starter’s initial request was completely uncalled for. Unless you've had an experience, advertising in Ping!Zine, you should not be throwing calumnious statements into the public.

People need to realize that what you say in public, can not only build a damaging reputation, but also carry legal consequence.

I stand behind Jeff; he should not have to defend Ping!Zine against comments such as the ones made in this thread.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up Indeed

Agreed!
    Rich DiFolco
    CEO USA Linked, LLC
    www.usalinked.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by The Pioneer
    People need to realize that what you say in public, can not only build a damaging reputation, but also carry legal consequence.
    What is said on WHT is people's opinion, and should be taken as so. You make a certain "C" word come to mind when you start speaking of legal consequences for what is said on WHT.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by nickn
    What is said on WHT is people's opinion, and should be taken as so. You make a certain "C" word come to mind when you start speaking of legal consequences for what is said on WHT.
    Hi Nick,

have you ever heard of slander?
      0 Not allowed!

Yes I have. However this thread is hardly slander. I'm not condoning it at all, however if we start with the legal threats so nobody can speak on WHT without being afraid of lawsuits...WHT is useless.

I'm not speaking in regards to this thread, I skipped a whole page (3) because it annoying me, however I felt the need to comment on Kyle's legal consequence comment.

With that said, I've attempted to sign up numerous times for the magazine (which you are assisting me in correcting) and I'm not a host, so non-hosts do read the magazine
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast