Cedit Card Processors

Hello.

I've got a delemma. I use paypal to process cards currently...I am not going to use 2checkout due to problems in the past. What do you do? I'm thinking of getting a credit card machine for the office and just running the numbers from it. Any suggestions?
    -DPI
    Chicago's #1 Datacenter Technician

If you dont mind paying a monthly fee you can get a real merchant account. I use wellsfargo with authorize.net and it has a virtual terminal so you can charge the CC's manually if you would like
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

Whats the url and price for that?
    -DPI

no one will trust you with their CC numbers
    Kyle
    WevHosts.com
    Honest Reliable Green Hosting

Obviously they do, I have 4 orders in front of me that need to be billed, hence the topic.
    -DPI

Nick Twaddell

Merchant account is the best way to go. There is no *middle man* that grabs some of your money as a commission. You also have the credut card amount hit your account in 24-48 hours depending on your bank.

A few may trust you...but a far greater number won't. These are just lost sales. I saw one called clickbank...but don't know anything about them.
    With more success comes more expense!

I was clicking around in quickbooks, I think I'm going to sign up for a quickbooks account through Wells Fargo. Thanks for your Input.
    -DPI

I'm confused, say I'm using perlbill and 2checkout at the same time, what is perlbill technically then, and if it plugs into 2checkout 2checkout only charges them and perlbill bills them right?
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

worldpay allow you to take telephone orders and fax orders , so why would people not trust you with their credit card , most customers assume you have it anyway

Originally posted by PILMAN
    I'm confused, say I'm using perlbill and 2checkout at the same time, what is perlbill technically then, and if it plugs into 2checkout 2checkout only charges them and perlbill bills them right?
    2checkout processes the transaction - it takes the credit card info etc

perlbill processes the order, it takes the order information/customer information (minus the cc)

Originally posted by zoobie
    A few may trust you...but a far greater number won't. These are just lost sales. I saw one called clickbank...but don't know anything about them.
    Huh? So please explain then who/what would be trusted? Just curious as to why you believe this.

I do not understand why it is said "no one will trust with CC numbers" or "a few may trust you". I live off the net and made 96% of my sales off CC. The other pecent went to telephone orders and check/money order through post office I don't understand the logic. Are you guys talking about online in general or just the topic starter's website?
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Perhaps because MOST sites have a 128-bit encryption/SSL certificate the end users would think their credit card is *encrypted*. Giving a credit card over say AIM would be not very er..trusted?

Originally posted by mlee support
    Perhaps because MOST sites have a 128-bit encryption/SSL certificate the end users would think their credit card is *encrypted*. Giving a credit card over say AIM would be not very er..trusted?
    I read all the post... I don't see where it says "AIM" or that the CC numbers would even be e-mailed. I see merchant account, 2checkout, etc. This, to me, says encryption.

I'm lost on this post as to the negative postings. It seems to be no need to post something negative about something that someone has no idea about what they are talking about... on any post.

This is in reference to the two people who wrote "negative" post.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

yeah, and i thought i was the only one missing something. I don't see why nobody would trust him, or the part about exchanging #'s on aim
    Nick Twaddell

He has a merchent account, he can get a cert and set up his own https page for credit card usage. There is no reason in the world why people wouldn't use him as opposed to any other secure site.

He's certainly asking the right questions and looks like he took the right steps.....

"Eat the meat, spit out the bones!"