10 tb of bandwidth
    1 gbit port
    I want to know which is better.
    Intel Xeon 5430
    8 gb of ram
    OR
    Intel Xeon 3220
    12 GB of RAM
    Note: These are CS 1.6 servers that i am hosting and they may be at any FPS ranging from 250-500 FPS and different mods.
    Zombie mod and deathmatch servers are included

Sorry, cant edit for some reason.
    The Intel Xeon 3220 is actually 10 GB of ram. Not 12

In my experience with CS Servers, You want to get more RAM as the CPU can be capped via the server's initial command line parameters.
    eg:
    ./steam -command update -game cstrike +map de_dust2 +fps_max 1000 +tickrate 10000 +sys_ticrate 10000
    where sys_ticrate effects the server's cpu usage and fps
    If you're selling these servers, i'd reccomend capping the fps of the servers, so that you can properly allocate resources and maximize the amount of servers you have on the box, without effecting the users.

Im not selling. This is for my own gaming community. I want to provide good servers and also be able to create more. Which build is better? I heard only CoD4 uses a lot of RAM
    Also, would having
    fps_max 1000
    sys_ticrate 1000
    mean its 1000 FPS?

If you're looking to just host a few CS servers with the smoothest gameplay (max fps), then the higher CPU will be your best bet. It's also normally easier to add ram latter on then changing a CPU

Im not selling. This is for my own gaming community. I want to provide good servers and also be able to create more. Which build is better? I heard only CoD4 uses a lot of RAM
    Also, would having
    fps_max 1000
    sys_ticrate 1000
    mean its 1000 FPS?
    Yup that means so. Though it is set to 1000 you probably wont hit it.

RAM costs a lot. But im going to be staying with this ded for a LONG time. So which is better? The 5430 w/ 8 gb or 3220 with 10 gb?

I'd get the 5430 w/8GB of RAM.

I'd get the 5430 w/8GB of RAM.
    I was really looking for what would statistically host more servers. Not personal opinion. Also, would having a stronger CPU result into less RAM consumption?

The 5430 is nearly twice as fast as the 3220.
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

HostPear Guest
    I would go with the 5430 as mods suchas zombie mod suck up so much more cpu than they do ram and as suggested above it is so much faster

The 5430 will host alot more servers.
    CS 1.6 will benefit more in CPU then it will in memory, especially with mods.

I was really looking for what would statistically host more servers. Not personal opinion. Also, would having a stronger CPU result into less RAM consumption?
    I don't know what you are trying to get at.. but based upon how much better the 5430 is over the 3220 I would opt to use that even though the 3220 server comes with slightly more RAM. There is too large of a margin to recommend the 3220 over the 5430. However, you didn't the price or if they are equal.

The price is equal. The 5430 is cheaper than the 3220. Also, for those who are experienced with TCadmin. My host said they can do a full server migration, i can keep my secondary IPs but not my primary one. As of now. I have NO servers hosted on the primary IP (IP that i use RDC to access). Should i go with it and get the 5430? I have about 3 servers hosted on my secondary ones.
    So would doing a full server migration affect TCadmin in any way? Or once the migration is over it will be exactly how it was back when i was on the 3220? Also, would i have to reinstall TCadmin all over again?

If your host is doing a full server migration, you wont need to install TCAdmin, as they should do it?
    The only reason they shouldn't be able to move your primary IP, but can your secondary ones is if they allocate certain IP's to certain boxes.
    As you say you don't have any servers hosted on the primary IP, thats not a problem.
    If your only running 3 servers, i cannot really see why you need such a powerful box, i'm guessing it doesn't come cheap either.
    Anyhow, if you've got the funds, the 5430 will seriously more than meet your needs. Go for it!
    P.S If your host migrate your TCAdmin for you, but you purchase your license from TCAdmin direct, you will need to contact TCAdmin for a trial license for your providers to install TCAdmin through, as your key will be assigned to your current primary IP. Once the migration is complete, you can request of the IP assigned to your purchased key, run the TCAdmin configuration utility and enter your paid key.

My host is doing a FULL server migration, but they say they are not responsible for any lost files. I am GOING to host more than 3 servers. 8 after upgrade, 6 for now. What i am afraid of is that the 3 servers that i ACTUALLY CARE about ****s up somehow. The other 3 servers are hosted on secondary IPs and i dont really care about servers on the primary IP as those are basically my servers i was testing mods on. So would doing a full server migration be good? My host is 10tb.com so its basically from softlayer and was wondering if its a good idea. I really dont want anything to $%!@ up. Also, TCadmin said i would have to request for a new license. Would i really have to? Its a FULL server migration

You do not need to purchase a full license from TCAdmin to perform a migration.
    Simply inform TCAdmin you are changing servers, and that you require a trail key to enable you to active TCAdmin on a new IP whilst you ensure the new server is running stable.
    Once this is done, ask them to reset your paid key, and then run the TCAdmin Configuration Utility on the new server and enter your paid key. Then inform TCAdmin you have completed the migration and they can termiante the trial key.
    If you haven't made any changes to the OS or installed any programs on the server, the game server files stored by TCAdmin are inside C:\GameInstalls and C:\UserFiles - You can simply RAR them and FTP them across to the new server, where you can configure TCAdmin yourself.
    Of course, if you have limited knowledge, it may be easier and safer for your provider to perform it, and you may need them in order to change the IP's over anyhow!
    Your game servers will have to experience downtime though, so perhaps you can schedule a time when the servers aren't so busy...

I had the tcadmin people install it for me and all i had to do is put my cs 1.6 files into gameinstall. Setting up TCadmin is really weird

Then you may want them, or someone experienced with TCAdmin to migrate it for you!

Well, my hosting company said they will do a FULL server migration. What does that mean? Will i still have to migrate tcadmin over?

Well, my hosting company said they will do a FULL server migration. What does that mean? Will i still have to migrate tcadmin over?
    From the word "full" one would assume they will transfer and setup everything, and ensure its running correctly. However, I am no genius, that is a question only they can answer.
    If they are not experienced with TCAdmin, you may encounter downtime to your servers that is actually avoidable.
    Have you got anything on the server other than TCAdmin and your game servers? Have you installed any programs and/or VoIP programs like Teamspeak?
    Is your provider charging you for this migration?

Just tcadmin and game servers. And they are giving free full server migration because they cannot upgrade the CPU so they have to move me to another server and i will be losing my primary IP

Then the migration will need to consist of transferring the TCAdmin.
    If they have knowledge of TCAdmin, let them do it. You may also point them to this KB Article:
    http://clients.tcadmin.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=13&id=34
    Its a pretty simple procedure.
    Best of luck!