Suggest VPS provider

Hello

I am looking for USA (east or west) VPS provider that uses something like this in/on their hosts servers:

2 x Intel Xeon E5520 or better
    RAID 10 with SAS HDD's
    XEN

Price doesnt matter at this point

I know you probably know this better than me , so please where should I look?

PS
    I was looking into prgmr.com , anyone knows what they use (CPU and HDD's)?

Thank you

I'm not really sure what hardware they use, but perhaps have a look at www.6sync.com

They seem to run a decent operation and do Chicago/LA/NY

Do you need any sort of management on the VPS?
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

There are huge number of VPS providers available, as you don't have price barrier. Please check out the VPS offer section to grab the offers.

did you require any control panel with it?
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

No.. I dont need anykind of management or CP. In fact something like prgmr or Linode is pref. It's just I dont know what hardware they use. So maybe someone here used them (or any other similar provider)

Quote Originally Posted by Amar View Post
    No.. I dont need anykind of management or CP. In fact something like prgmr or Linode is pref. It's just I dont know what hardware they use. So maybe someone here used them (or any other similar provider)
    Have you considered sending them an e-mail (service@linode.com) or posting in their forum?

Based on rumors I've heard from friends who have service with them, prgmr.com mainly uses dual-Opteron servers. They're considered a budget provider and cannot really be compared to a mid-level provider like Linode. Their pricing reflects that as well.

As a prgmr.com customer, my VPS is on a brand new system with an 8-core AMD chip (one that was only recently released)

If you consider dual-socket AMD systems to be "low end", what would you suggest a VPS provider use?

Quote Originally Posted by skarpen View Post
    As a prgmr.com customer, my VPS is on a brand new system with an 8-core AMD chip (one that was only recently released)

If you consider dual-socket AMD systems to be "low end", what would you suggest a VPS provider use?
    Dual E5620s will stomp dual 8 core amds.
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!

I would suggest that the portion of said CPU you have access to is much more important than which CPU it is.

Besides, if you're CPU bound, a VPS isn't necessarily a great answer.

(having said all that, prgmr is a lower end provider, but I would say that's much more an issue of I/O - lots of users per spindle, software RAID - than which brand of CPU they use)