Need Reliable Windows & Linux Reseller Account

I have been a reseller with Host Department since about Feb. It has been so so but I hoped that it would get better.

Unfortunately, my reseller site and the domains that I host have been down for 6 days now. I only have 2 domains that I host right now so moving should not be a big deal.

The main problem is that I can't get to my DNS records to move my hosting reseller domain.

One of the sites hosted is on Linux with an osCommerce shopping cart. The other is on Windows.

Can anyone recommend a good host that offers both Linux and Windows servers?

I know that I can't move my reseller domain until I can get into my DNS and even if I tried a transfer I am not sure that it would work because email is down as well.

I could use any suggestions and help that you can offer.

Thank you.

I can reccommend a host that uses linux - GeekSrv.net (UK Based)
    They offer everything you need, and have friendly service, fast support and resonable pricing. In over 6 months of use I have experienced no downtime what-so-ever
    Follow me on Twitter: @conrjac

Do they also have Windows? I really need both. I am located in the US. Would this be a problem if the company is UK based?

I really need both and I am in a big jam right now because I can't even change the DNS records for my reseller domain.

You could have a UK base linux server.
    And find another provider in the US with a windows server.
    Now theres a business idea
    Give you clients the option
    And no, it will not cause any issues that you are US based.

Yes it would be a novel approach I guess.

I was really hoping to find one company that does it all. I know that GoDaddy does but I am not really crazy about going with them. Besides I would have to pay $100 to $200 bucks up front.

I am surprised that I have not been able to find more companies that offer both.

Have you tried the Hosting Offers board on WHT??

I think that I went to the place that you are talking about and didn't find anything that worked for me. I just got off live chat with hostnine.com and it looks like they can fill my needs for now.

Now I just have to get access to my domain records so that I can start moving everything.

Host Department was the biggest mistake I have ever made.

Me too royally stuck with "Host Department"

Unable to take backups, so unable to move to other hosts also.

Hope the servers will start working again.

So you are in the same boat that I am in.

I was able to get the hosted sites files using ftp and the databases through their control panel and phpMyAdmin.

I can't get to my site files, databases, or DNS records so until I can get in there and gain access to those, I can't move either.

But I am moving as soon as I can get access. Can't contact them by phone, email, support ticket, or live chat. When I finally did get someone (by accident - I think they picked up the phone to call out), they told me all kinds of stuff and made promises that they have not kept. Been down for 6 or 7 days now and the last email I got said 24 hours and that was Thursday. I called every 2 minutes Friday but never got anyone. They offered $10 credit for the 2 weeks of down time. Not enough! I am cancelling as soon as I get my files, etc. You should too.

Check out other H-Sphere providers below that offer multi-platform reseller hosting:

JodoHost
    Fluid Hosting
    Cartika

I can only vouch for Cartika as I have been with them for years. Eirca who I usually add to the list above seems to have gone missing with lots of complaints on these boards and others as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by tommieb View Post
    So you are in the same boat that I am in.

I was able to get the hosted sites files using ftp and the databases through their control panel and phpMyAdmin.

I can't get to my site files, databases, or DNS records so until I can get in there and gain access to those, I can't move either.
    Files & databases are important.
    You don't really need to worry about dns records because dns records should point to the new host.
    Windows hosting supports php & mysql so oscommerce site should work fine.
    IMO you should sign up a new reseller account now, change dns and upload a parking under-maintenace page, transfer data over when you can get site backup.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

IDS Web Hosting provide Hsphere control panel with windows and linux hosting on high end servers located at world leading data centre rack space. Rackspace prides itself on “Zero Down time network” and “fanatical support”. who also employee technical team for application development support. Team can be put to solve any possible technical issues in your application.

As mentioned, find a host that provides the H-Sphere control panel. Then you'll be able to go about this two different ways. Either open separate accounts, one linux, one windows, or open a reseller account. A H-Sphere reseller account will allow you to host on both platforms.
    Sphere Web Hosting, LLC.
    █ Experience our Contagious Support™ and 100% Uptime SLA
    We don't just provide support, we care about your success - it's just the way we do things!
    █ Make your life a little easier and visit http://www.spherewebhosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    Files & databases are important.
    You don't really need to worry about dns records because dns records should point to the new host.
    Windows hosting supports php & mysql so oscommerce site should work fine.
    IMO you should sign up a new reseller account now, change dns and upload a parking under-maintenace page, transfer data over when you can get site backup.
    My domains were transferred from the original registrar to my reseller account so I only have control of the domains through my control panel which I can't get in right now.

Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone used Host Nine? These were the only people that I could contact this weekend.

For Cartika, do I have to purchase separate accounts for linux and Windows?

For cartika: you have to buy just 1 account for both linux and windows. They use h-sphere (I think the same cp as host department).
    Managed.gr cloud hosting, paas, vps, dedicated, domain registration on global datacenters.

Quote Originally Posted by tommieb View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone used Host Nine? These were the only people that I could contact this weekend.

For Cartika, do I have to purchase separate accounts for linux and Windows?
    Lots of posts on WHT for Host Nine, seems to me that most people
    feel they are like 'marmite', they either love or hate H9

Check the hosting offers page. Look at the titles, you can find some good deals. Then search for the companies reputation on here.
    VPSforMe.com - OpenVZ Virtualization with SolusVM Control Panel on High Quality Servers.
    VPSforMe.com - Inexpensive VPSs with great features.
    VPSforMe.com - 24/7 Ticket Support with FAST Replies
    VPSforMe.com - CEO Jackson H - Jackson@vpsforme.com