Thumbs up RAMHost/TinyVZ review

I have two VPS's from RAMHost for a little over a month now and I am glad to say I am very satisfied. I have two of their yearly plans from their TinyVZ line.

Code:
    CPU model :            Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  3092.974 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 256 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   6 days, 10:53,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 38.8MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 6.06MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 6.48MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.86MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 7.91MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 9.46MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.11MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 13.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 21.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 24.8MB/s
    I/O speed :  82.7 MB/s
    Performance: 10/10

I have never had a problem with the VPS being sluggish. I haven't had any downtime since I received the VPS, only me rebooting it or reinstalling the OS.

Network: 10/10

The network has always been speedy as you can see above, I can't ever recall a time when the network was slow.

Support: 7/10

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt on this one. I put in one support ticket right after ordering that I was having trouble paying for it, Google Checkout locked down my account as they believed it had been compromised. The ticket was never answered. After the situation resolved I was able to pay for it though. Ever since then I haven't needed to put in a ticket.

Some other things I noticed are they don't use the SolusVM control panel. The one they do have is straight simple and to the point though.

Amazing review, Rob is a good guy, glad to hear things are working out, be sure to update the mods with the VPS IP you have with them.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Glad to see one satisfied customer. In the last period i had seen a lot of bad reviews about many companies.
    ReoHost.com
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS |
    cPanel | Softacolous | Solus VM
    10 days FREE trial with no limits!

Quote Originally Posted by adyshor View Post
    Glad to see one satisfied customer. In the last period i had seen a lot of bad reviews about many companies.
    I have noticed that too, but there's still some good guys out there! RAMHost is great to anyone looking for an alternative.

Bad reviews are easy, there are a higher percentage of unhappy customers that will take the time to vent (as compared to happy customers that take time to praise). There are P L E N T Y of great hosts out there and Ramhost is one of them. I had my account with them for about a year with ZERO issues.

Looks great! Just ordered one.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Great to see another positive review on Ramhost That control panel was made by him.

I have 2 KVM's from RamHost; they're awesome. It took a while to set up; but it's well worth the wait. I should probably write a review on them too; they're awesome.

I know it's only $15/year for the TinyVZ service, and for that I'm grateful. It took a bit over a day to setup, and that's fine too. But the OP report of no reply to a trouble ticket, the other episodes of slow response that I've seen reported here on WHT, and my own experience so far (two plus days so far to get a single RDNS entry made with no indication that the ticket has even been looked at) concern me. This is a simple task.

These guys generally have a good reputation - but as I said, the slow response makes me nervous about transitioning from a much quicker responding provider. But then again, I currently pay them a lot more... I suppose it only makes sense that this service would carry a lower priority than others they offer. Someone has to pay the salaries right? I guess I'm kind of anxious to get this system live. I certainly have no complaints about function or performance.

Quote Originally Posted by JerkBait View Post
    I know it's only $15/year for the TinyVZ service, and for that I'm grateful. It took a bit over a day to setup, and that's fine too. But the OP report of no reply to a trouble ticket, the other episodes of slow response that I've seen reported here on WHT, and my own experience so far (two plus days so far to get a single RDNS entry made with no indication that the ticket has even been looked at) concern me. This is a simple task.
    You can't expect the world for $15/year. I've sent in exactly 2 tickets. The first was responded to within 6 hours, and that was in the middle of the night. The second was responded to within 15 minutes. Personally, I'm extremely satisfied with their services.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Yup, exactly. I mean $15/year is pretty darn cheap. It wasn't my intention to knock them - I'm just impatient sometimes. Mostly when it's something I could do quickly myself, that's all. So hopefully it will be handled pretty soon. Then I can direct my OCD in another direction

I've had a server with RAM since Sep 2011 and am also quite happy with the performance.
    While I'd agree tickets are not answered as soon as I hit the submit button on their ticket system they are answered in a reasonable amount of time for my needs. Further, I've not had much need to contact support with this server, the performance is that solid.
    Thanks to Robert for a steady server.

Just to add a final update - my request was fulfilled later on that night. It wasn't exactly a critical situation - so the amount of time was not really too bad I guess. I do have to say that the server performs quite well, and I've had no other reason to contact support. All in all, very happy so far - and you can't beat the price.

I ended up not getting a TinyVZ node because they did not clearly communicate that these nodes now have CentOS 6 templates available on their web page. For people who wonder: Yes, TinyVZ supports CentOS 6.
    Sam Trenholme - Recovering Linux fanatic - I have a frequently updated blog

nice review, I'll probably order a VPS with them soon.

FYI - The selection from my CP on 2/25/12 is below. I expect this may change over time, so if your preferred OS is not listed, check with them.

Suggested OSes
    centos-5-i386
    centos-5-i386-kloxo-hostinabox
    debian-5.0-i386
    debian-6.0-i386
    ubuntu-10.04-x86

Other OSes
    arch-i386
    centos-5-x86_64
    centos-6-i386
    debian-5.0-x86_64
    debian-6.0-x86_64
    fedora-11-i386-default-20090609
    gentoo-05jan2010
    suse-11.1-x86
    suse-11.3-x86
    ubuntu-8.04-x86
    trixbox-2.6-x86

I'm also really pleased with my ramhost VPS. I'm a customer for almost a year now. Keep up the good work guys!

I am also very satisfied with RamHost. I have two TinyVZ from RAMHost , first TinyVZ for a 3 month now will post full review for couple days. VPS is unmanaged but for last 3 months w/o downtime or network issue.