trying to get virtual mail with postfix going

Wonder if I can get some help here. I'm trying to setup postfix with myql and virtual mail accounts. I've gotten the config all up and running and postfix starts w/o any errors. Dovecot appears to auth ok.

When I try to send a message to my test account I get the following in mail.log
    postfix/virtual[1076]: 0780137D7A: to=<rharding@mitechie.com>, relay=virtual, delay=2, status=deferred (maildir delivery failed: create /home/vmail/rharding@mitechie.com/tmp/1127316643.P1076.mitechie.com: Permission denied)

postfix/virtual[1076]: warning: maildir access problem for UID/GID=101/103: create /home/vmail/rharding@mitechie.com/tmp/1127316643.P1076.mitechie.com: Permission denied

postfix/virtual[1076]: warning: perhaps you need to create the maildirs in advance
    Now I have created the /home/vmail folder and it is 770 for the user/group postfix:postfix. Uid 101 and gid 103 are the uid and gid for the postfix user.

Any ideas where else I'm missing some permission problem?

Thanks for any tips.

I found a very useful document in the how to section of www dot phparchitecture dot com ( as this is my first post I cannot supply this as a url. )

This may help you, but I am not sure if it is your exact setup. The part that may help says:

Create all directories all the way up to "/home/vmail/test.com/test" after which create a Maildir in that directory.
    This a bit is vague as to how to create a Maildir, but my notes show the command I would use as:

/usr/local/courier/bin/maildirmake home/vmail/rharding@mitechie.com.

Not sure how much help this is, I just remember it took quite a bit of trail and error to get it up and running.

Thanks

Paul

I had to create a user called vmail and use that users gid/uid in the main.cf then postfix would auto create the maildirs for me.

Thanks though

check the howto at workaround.org