Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

smarthost.net is burst.net?

Hello all,

i just received a newsletter from smarthost.net, never heard of them and never subscribed in their mailing list. my search on WHT also give no result about them.

i'm a bit suspicious with the design of their newsletter, it just look similar with burstnet's design.

checking their twitter account there are posts that refer to burstnet.

what i understand is that burstnet is closing down, do they now operating under new name?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by markhard View Post
    what i understand is that burstnet is closing down, do they now operating under new name?
    What I understand is that the old BurstNET closed down months ago when new ownership took over. Is there a problem with the old management and staff trying to make a living?

Clue: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=41

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Postbox View Post
    Is there a problem with the old management and staff trying to make a living?
    no.. not at all, that is not what i meant. i just looking for information
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by markhard View Post
    i just looking for information
    You have that now.

As far as my understanding of the last few months goes, the ex-management have no control over current or recent events, and if one or more of them wants to get a new company going to put bread on the table, that's fine by me. Heck, I might even order something off them just to keep an eye on how they're doing.

It's a pity about the goofed "#track_code#" at the bottom of the email. I was hoping for some discount!
      1 Not allowed!

1 Not allowed!

It's the original BurstNET owner in a NJ datacenter. Glad to see he's back in the game. We were very happy with pre-2014 BurstNET so I'll be curious to see how he does now. At least he's got a proven track record of taking a beating and still running!
      1 Not allowed!

Hi Folks...

Yes, SmartHost LLC is one of my new ventures, after being out of the game most of 2014. I took time off to clear my head, and get over what had occurred. I now need to start something new, so I am able to support my family, as I lost everything with what occurred at BurstNET.

SmartHost has absolutely nothing to do with BurstNET, and some of that vpsboard.com info is absolutely incorrect. I'll address that on there and clear things up, but I'm sure that one paranoid guy thinks everything is a conspiracy.

Let me be very clear:
    I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE IN 2014 WITH BURSTNET.
    NONE OF THE DECISIONS THAT WERE MADE TO CLOSE DOWN/RELOCATE CLIENTS WERE MINE. I HAVE HAD NO SAY IN ANYTHING SINCE JANUARY 6 2014, AND EVEN FOR SOME TIME PRIOR TO THAT I WAS BEING COERCED INTO DECISIONS BY OTHERS. OUR INVESTORS HAD THEIR OWN GAMEPLAN, WHICH JUST DIDN'T PLAY OUT HOW THEY EXPECTED, NOR AS WAS AGREED UPON MY STEPPING DOWN. BURSTNET WAS COMPLETELY SALVAGEABLE A THE TIME I STEPPED DOWN, AND NONE OF THIS NEEDED TO OCCUR AS IT DID IF DIFFERENT COURSES OF ACTION HAD BEEN TAKEN. ACTIONS WERE DONE BEHIND MY BACK, AND I LOST MORE ON THIS THAN ANYONE, INCLUDING 20+ YEARS OF MY LIFE.

I need to make a living, and hosting is what I know best. I have a ton of relationships with clients and I am putting that to work. I was actually nudged by old clients to do this, as they insured me they would be sending a good amount of business my way over time.

So here I am starting up fresh, and will be putting everything I learned at BurstNET to work, just doing things a bit differently this time around. My new firm is to be more focused on individual client relationships, with heavy interaction and service levels, and not the mass-market automation machine that BurstNET was.
      3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    It's the original BurstNET owner in a NJ datacenter. Glad to see he's back in the game. We were very happy with pre-2014 BurstNET so I'll be curious to see how he does now. At least he's got a proven track record of taking a beating and still running!
    Thanks Lisa...yeah, I'm the type of individual that just gets back up and fights harder. I just needed some time to pass to clear my head, before I got back into the game. I really got royally screwed over with the BurstNET situation, and that would take any one some time to get their head back on straight!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Postbox View Post
    What I understand is that the old BurstNET closed down months ago when new ownership took over. Is there a problem with the old management and staff trying to make a living?

Clue: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=41

That is exactly what it is.
    Not trying to hide it...I updated my profile intentionally.
    It would actually not be beneficial to do so anyways, as it is my name and history that will drive most of the initial business to SmartHost I expect...

I'm sure there are going to be people that give me a hard time, but most will understand I didn't have involvement in the BurstNET outcome. I have just as much right to make a living in this industry as anyone else. I also have a family to support. I'm not 16 anymore, as I was when I started the roots of BurstNET, so need to stick to what I know best, and what I can build to profitability faster than anything else: hosting.

Any business that comes my way will not just be profits you are handing a company, but will actually be helping a family get back on their feet. I'm not too proud to admit the situation I am in currently, but I do think being in such has changed my outlook on things, and will actually enable me to provide a better level of service to my new client base.
    Last edited by HostJedi; 07-26-2014 at 01:34 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Colo

Any idea how I get my server from Burstnet? No contact. Server offline.
      0 Not allowed!

Just when we thought the 'net would be free of all the Burst.net / Hostnoc spammers and other malicious folks....

Really bad timing to reappear @HostJedi. Burst closes completely the 25th of July. Your new company appears the 20th of July.

Smarthost.net doesn't mention you were the Burst.net owner, nor does it have any information to link you to such. Innocent omission or intentionally trying to mislead potential customers?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostJedi View Post
    Hi Folks...

Yes, SmartHost LLC is one of my new ventures, after being out of the game most of 2014. I took time off to clear my head, and get over what had occurred. I now need to start something new, so I am able to support my family, as I lost everything with what occurred at BurstNET.

SmartHost has absolutely nothing to do with BurstNET, and some of that vpsboard.com info is absolutely incorrect. I'll address that on there and clear things up, but I'm sure that one paranoid guy thinks everything is a conspiracy.

Let me be very clear:
    I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE IN 2014 WITH BURSTNET.
    NONE OF THE DECISIONS THAT WERE MADE TO CLOSE DOWN/RELOCATE CLIENTS WERE MINE. I HAVE HAD NO SAY IN ANYTHING SINCE JANUARY 6 2014, AND EVEN FOR SOME TIME PRIOR TO THAT I WAS BEING COERCED INTO DECISIONS BY OTHERS. OUR INVESTORS HAD THEIR OWN GAMEPLAN, WHICH JUST DIDN'T PLAY OUT HOW THEY EXPECTED, NOR AS WAS AGREED UPON MY STEPPING DOWN. BURSTNET WAS COMPLETELY SALVAGEABLE A THE TIME I STEPPED DOWN, AND NONE OF THIS NEEDED TO OCCUR AS IT DID IF DIFFERENT COURSES OF ACTION HAD BEEN TAKEN. ACTIONS WERE DONE BEHIND MY BACK, AND I LOST MORE ON THIS THAN ANYONE, INCLUDING 20+ YEARS OF MY LIFE.

I need to make a living, and hosting is what I know best. I have a ton of relationships with clients and I am putting that to work. I was actually nudged by old clients to do this, as they insured me they would be sending a good amount of business my way over time.

So here I am starting up fresh, and will be putting everything I learned at BurstNET to work, just doing things a bit differently this time around. My new firm is to be more focused on individual client relationships, with heavy interaction and service levels, and not the mass-market automation machine that BurstNET was.
    Hey, I don't blame you.

I wish you good luck on your new business venture. I hope your investors don't take a dump on you this time.
      0 Not allowed!

I also got a newsletter from SmartHost in the same format that BurstNET used. I'm not happy already because of (a) they sent it without me signing up and (b) I'm Canadian and they need me to give them permission first before they can send me emails.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleApps-Nick View Post
    I also got a newsletter from SmartHost in the same format that BurstNET used. I'm not happy already because of (a) they sent it without me signing up and (b) I'm Canadian and they need me to give them permission first before they can send me emails.
    Simply unsubscribe them. There's no point in complaining...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AG-Arco View Post
    Simply unsubscribe them. There's no point in complaining...
    But no, he should contact his local canadian authorities immediately and have them start a prompt investigation
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by thund3rbolt View Post
    But no, he should contact his local canadian authorities immediately and have them start a prompt investigation
    If you think that's necessary.
      0 Not allowed!

If you think that's necessary.
    was joking
      0 Not allowed!

was joking
    Ah, apologies. It's early.
      0 Not allowed!

I did contact them and they said

Sorry bud, we can't help cause we're in an igloo eh and we don't know much boot that email stuff. But bud, you should go for a rip to the CRTC office and file a report with them. Just watch out for the moose on the roads, eh.
      0 Not allowed!

Hey, I don't blame you.

I wish you good luck on your new business venture. I hope your investors don't take a dump on you this time.

I doubt I will take on investors this time around. I have no appetite dealing with such people ever again in my life. Unless it is someone I already know or close connections, I'll be avoiding that with this venture. I actually turned down some people already that offered to fund me to get a new company off the ground.

I intend for SmartHost to be a smaller firm, with far less clientele but much more personal client interaction, and just growing large enough to make a decent living off of it and support my family. My outlook on life has changed considerably following my loss of BurstNET.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nunavailabul View Post
    Any idea how I get my server from Burstnet? No contact. Server offline.

I gave you the contact information for the facility where your server was housed via chat tonight. Good luck with that and keep me posted.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by elrooted View Post
    Just when we thought the 'net would be free of all the Burst.net / Hostnoc spammers and other malicious folks....

Really bad timing to reappear @HostJedi. Burst closes completely the 25th of July. Your new company appears the 20th of July.

Smarthost.net doesn't mention you were the Burst.net owner, nor does it have any information to link you to such. Innocent omission or intentionally trying to mislead potential customers?

If you think I am malicious, you don't know me very well.

Why would I want to advertise BurstNET on my new company's website? I will not take responsibility for the actions of other individuals, nor let them harm my future success.

The timing of the opening of SmartHost, and closing of BurstNET is nothing more than co-incidence. I took some time to myself after leaving BurstNET, then time to develop the SmartHost services, and recently was ready to open up. If I wanted to time it better, I would have opened right wen BurstNET announced they were closing down!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostJedi View Post
    Why would I want to advertise BurstNET on my new company's website? I will not take responsibility for the actions of other individuals, nor let them harm my future success
    Yet you're quite happy to illegally take their mailing list/customer database and use that to advertise your new company though?
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAllTrades View Post
    Yet you're quite happy to illegally take their mailing list/customer database and use that to advertise your new company though?

My rolodex is my own, and I do not have a non-compete agreement with BurstNET (if the company was still in business even for it to matter).
      0 Not allowed!

What is your "rolodex" exactly, and why does it contain details of people who don't know you and "SmartHost LLC"? Surely if they were people you hold so closely and dear to you in the industry, they would know who you are and what your new venture is, and wouldn't subsequently be making threads like this one?

I appreciate what you're trying to do - you're starting again and need to get the word out there. Unfortunately I'd have to disagree hugely with your business approach. It seems like you used to be owner/CEO of BurstNET? So you figured you could just take the database and spam it in the hope of drumming up some business out of it. Questionable practice indeed, and one that certainly tells me I wouldn't want to do business with you in the future.
      1 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast