Yourwebhoster.eu at least partially down

My node stopped responing a couple of hours ago. The control panel is inaccessible but the company web pages are up. Submitted a ticket but not heard anything yet.

Looks like it's only your node.

Do they have any emergency number/help desk ?

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Looks like it's only your node.

Do they have any emergency number/help desk ?
    Just the ticket service, no phone number. This looks pretty bad, however. I had to move a couple of customers there during the massive CheapVPS/A2B2 attack about six weeks ago and here we go again!

My VPS hosted with them is also down, opened a ticked a few hours ago but still had no reply.
    I was wondering if you get what you pay for (their prices were very low), at least I don't host anything critical there, it was a backup/dev server.

Just got a message from the ticket system - they are working on the servers now. Let's hope for the best.

Unhappy

I've got the following reply by email,
    Meanwhile the VPS has been down for 18 hours and is still down. I guess I'll go looking for another VPS, this sucks.

Hello,
    this is an update about the unreachable servers. We are currently trying to rescue the data from the harddrives and we will restore them on other servers with the almost exame configuration. This may take some time before this is done. We will credit to you 40 procent from your monthly price, this will be done within a few days. Again sorry, the problem is probably the control panel which we had installed after we had tested the control panel on our testnode. Regards, Yourwebhoster.eu

Quote Originally Posted by karapuzo View Post
    I've got the following reply by email,
    Meanwhile the VPS has been down for 18 hours and is still down. I guess I'll go looking for another VPS, this sucks.
    Got the same message. Lucky enough I had my half a dozen customers on that server backed up at another server so switching the DNS made them visible again with just minor losses of data. And I am still living in the hope that some of the stuff will be recovered.

What makes me angry that I had done about twelve hours of work updating a piece of developer documention on that very server without taking a backup in tree days. All that has to be redone now.

As such I have few complaints, though, things went smoothly and the performance was more than adequate.

You might consider configuring an rsync script for backups or use the tarsnap service, I've been using for a couple of months and it seems pretty convinient (I haven't used it for restores yet).

We are sorry about this issue, it is probably caused by the server from Virtualcomplete as after installing this software we had after one day no access anymore to our server and after a reboot, the node wouldn't boot anymore in the OpenVZ kernel. We have tried to re-install the kernel, but it didn't work like it should be. Because we have no other option left then re-installing the server, we had to backup many GB's with data. Unfortunately this took some time before we could start the restore from the VPSes.

We will install now FluidVM and hope that this panel will solve all the problems like it should be. We understand that you are running out of patience, so are we. Installing this software was a big mistake (we have tested this software with success on a test node). However, before we transfer all the VPSes from other nodes to a new software we will take some more time to test it.

Again, we are sorry about this and we need a few more hours before all the VPSes from this node are running again.

Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu

edit: Those who want the backup from their VPSes can e-mail us, we will send them later as download. It seems to that the backups are working.

My VPS is back up, no data has been lost.
    Total downtime was 2 days and 11 hours, I am still considering if I should cancel this VPS or not.
    During the downtime I've got a similarly priced VPS from ConnectSwitch with a bit more memory and bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by mkniskanen View Post
    Just the ticket service, no phone number. This looks pretty bad, however. I had to move a couple of customers there during the massive CheapVPS/A2B2 attack about six weeks ago and here we go again!
    Likewise

My VPS is currently down. Not that I lose anything of importance, since I use it only to run a TS server to my friends, but bothersome nonetheless.

To make things more "amusing", both in cheapVPS and yourwebhoster.eu the failures happened the day after I paid for the monthly fee....

Before this happened I had no complains at all - no sound stuttering or anything wrong.

Still wondering if I should stay, find another VPS suplier or simply put up a home linux box...

Hello
    We will restore the backup files from the VPSes today, the new control panel will take some time before it is ready to use it.
    We have installed on a dedicated server the HyperVM panel which is only accessible by our systems and us. Our clients will get another panel to manage their VPSes, this is only temporarily until HyperVM has been fixed.

This problem only caused marielle.yourwebhoster.eu, other nodes are still running.

Because we understand the downtime has caused many problems we are offering our clients one month free and we hope we can get a piece of trust in us back.

Okay, but what if this happens again?
    We have a new server plan and a new "server down" plan which should increase the speed of transferring the backups. It has also other improvements but we won't publish them.
    The long downtime is caused by the first and second control panel we had installed. The first control panel locked iptables and the second gave an error with kernel panic.
    So, next time we are able to handle huge amount of data in less time.