Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Proaxxs Review (Avoid)

My 1 month review of Proaxxs(.net)

Well, I've been testing out companies lately, to look at who my company should be partnering with for reliability, support etc.

Upon ordering a Q9300, it was setup after about 72 hours.
    Then on that same day, there was loss of connectivity, I got about 10 dropouts in 10 minutes, this basically happened constantly, every day without fail.

Each time I noticed, I submitted a support ticket, with tracerts', their response was 'we can see nothing wrong here' which I know myself was a lie as even the tracerts showed the dropouts occured in the BURSTNet centre they resell from.

As some of you will know, the Scranton facility had a messed up UPS, upon questioning Proaxxs about why I had downtime, they said 'We're monitoring your server and can see no issues', now this made me laugh because it was widely-known that most of the Scranton BURST network was down!

As you'll see on their site, they say 100% Uptime Guarantee, and Money Back Guarantee, Upon asking about these I was sent a link to a new set of ToS, which certainly didn't exist when I signed up, and I definately didn't agree to them.

The final straw was when my root password changed randomly without me changing it at all, upon submitting a ticket they said 'The password we have on record is L33tPass, do you still want us to reset? (Close example)' - I never changed my password to this, and the only way they'd have a record of my pass is if THEY changed it.

Upon asking why they'd changed it they then lied about how they'd reset it at that moment, which is clearly bull as they'd just asked me if I wanted to reset it.

Upon filing a Paypal dispute, they delete all evidence of Support Tickets and Cancelled the account.

Basically Proaxxs are easily some of the biggest frauds in the business, complete thieves in my opinion.
    Avoid this company

To summarize
    Liars, Thieves and Complete Morons,
    Don't let them lie to you.

Ratings
    All minus, no good points.
    Last edited by NixDot; 06-06-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Wow sounds like a headache. If you still remember one of your IPs, you could report it here to verify this review: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7493033

Quote Originally Posted by NixDot View Post
    The final straw was when my root password changed randomly without me changing it at all, upon submitting a ticket they said 'The password we have on record is L33tPass, do you still want us to reset? (Close example)' - I never changed my password to this, and the only way they'd have a record of my pass is if THEY changed it.
    "L33tPass" was most likely the default password on the box which they had stored in WHMCS when they provisioned it to you?
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

No it wasn't, as soon as the box was provisioned I changed the password, as I do with all dedicated servers, in fact for most of my time with them they were constantly asking for my access details, which I of course denied them, as they are BURSTNet resellers, there is no reason at all for them to need any access to an unmanaged box when my own server admin team are easily capable of doing as much (or more) as Proaxxs.

And thank you Zach, I do remember the IP's, I'll post it now.

No it wasn't, as soon as the box was provisioned I changed the password, as I do with all dedicated servers, in fact for most of my time with them they were constantly asking for my access details, which I of course denied them, as they are BURSTNet resellers, there is no reason at all for them to need any access to an unmanaged box when my own server admin team are easily capable of doing as much (or more) as Proaxxs.

And thank you Zach, I do remember the IP's, I'll post it now.
    Not a problem, glad to be of help!

Well, I've been testing out companies lately, to look at who my company should be partnering with for reliability, support etc.

Then on that same day, there was loss of connectivity, I got about 10 dropouts in 10 minutes, this basically happened constantly, every day without fail.

Each time I noticed, I submitted a support ticket, with tracerts', their response was 'we can see nothing wrong here' which I know myself was a lie as even the tracerts showed the dropouts occured in the BURSTNet centre they resell from.

As some of you will know, the Scranton facility had a messed up UPS, upon questioning Proaxxs about why I had downtime, they said 'We're monitoring your server and can see no issues', now this made me laugh because it was widely-known that most of the Scranton BURST network was down!
    One UPS in our entire DC had an issue. a very small section of our DC had a power flux due to it (About 1/8th). The rest of the network ran WITH no issue. However, without an IP I can't say if OP's claim is valid or not. We have tickets from proaxxs, but again I have nothing to match upon.

As you'll see on their site, they say 100% Uptime Guarantee, and Money Back Guarantee, Upon asking about these I was sent a link to a new set of ToS, which certainly didn't exist when I signed up, and I definately didn't agree to them.

Upon asking why they'd changed it they then lied about how they'd reset it at that moment, which is clearly bull as they'd just asked me if I wanted to reset it.

Upon filing a Paypal dispute, they delete all evidence of Support Tickets and Cancelled the account.

Basically Proaxxs are easily some of the biggest frauds in the business, complete thieves in my opinion.
    Avoid this company

To summarize
    Liars, Thieves and Complete Morons,
    Don't let them lie to you.

Ratings
    All minus, no good points.

Your "review" is no not right, and in fact is FALSE!

Let's talk about facts, shall we?
    First of all you never had the server a month. Your server was deployed on 05/20/2011 02:58 pm.

For whatever reason, you asked for an os reinstall on 05/21/2011 01:01:32 pm without OpenVZ

We completed the reinstall on 05/21/2011 10:48:59 pm

Ticket 8897 - On 05/23/2011 02:10:46 pm you complained of network dropouts

Our support checked and answered you in 33 mins - They did not see any issues but asked you for login details so they could take a look in your server.

You replied back about 1hr 15 minutes later telling us to "nevermind"

Ticket 8947 - on 05/27/2011 09:37:07 am asking us to setup RDNS - This was resolved

Ticket 8975 - on 05/30/2011 04:56:34 pm claiming server has lost connectivity over 100 times and threatened a chargeback at that time

In your ticket you provide inadequate trace reports - We asked you to provide us "complete" results of a "tracert" and "pathping" to the main server IP this will help to see whats going on.

You said you would need to provide this when you see it happen again. We attempted to get additional feedback from you in this ticket but you never provided us anything.

You then opened ticket 8990 on 05/31/2011 03:32:46 pm stating "I want a cancellation, and a full refund." and "Don't ask for traceroutes/pingtests"

We noticed that you installed Solusvm in your server and even though you were on a completely unmanaged server, we offered to have our admins take a look in your server to see is this was causing an issue. Again you refused stating "I asked for a refund, not an explanation"

We explained all the test we have done and what we needed from your end but you refused to provide this.

In fact, we asked you to please provide the root login information so we can help resolve this. And also told you that if it can't be resolved by our admins we will gladly provide compensation if it is a network or hardware issue.

We offered our services even though it was a completely unmanaged server, with software you installed in the server, and you refused to let us help. What more could we do? And what more can you ask for? We are always more than willing to work with our clients even if the issue is not ours, but you need to work with us.

And BTW we have the graphs on your server on the 31st and there was no downtime at all. I would be happy to provide this graph

Now, just to make sure, after you filed the PayPal dispute we did login to your server and we found the IP your were complaining of was in the vps you had CSF installed that was not configured properly. All you had to do was configure it properly (which we could have done but you refused our help) - Just to test it you could have turned off CSF to see.

Other than that all your other claims are also invalid, as Sorry but you can't just "pick & choose" what you want to "fit" in your case - this is exactly what our guarantees state: http://hosting.proaxxs.net/guarantees.htm
    You are confusing dedicated terms vs shared terms... 2 completely different terms on 2 completely different services

all the tickets are still archived in our helpdesk DB. You probably can't see them because we obviously canceled your account with us for filing an invalid and false PayPal dispute. But I am sure you have the emails so this should not be an issue right?

We done everything we could for you and did not do anything wrong in this case.

I am really wondering what you real motive is in posting this.
    If this is the way you do business I think I would warn others of your actions and to beware of whatever you attempt to offer to the public.

We will let the WHT community decide who is right in this case.

Do you mind showing us all the graphs?

Yes, I want to see these graphs also, because -
    1. It's a Scranton BURSTNet Server, with the amazing BURST Repo.
    2. All servers setup in that facility this year went offline due to the UPS failure, This was made aware to all resellers, yet your team said 'We see nothing wrong'

Can you also explain what 'tests' you did? -
    I already know you didn't have KVM, and I know you don't have physical access to my box, BURSTNet have already verified that to me, as I'm a reseller myself,
    as mentioned in my ticket to you, they're also investigating you for breaching the main reseller rule, and using that discount for your own hosting.
    Trust me, your fraudulent activities are going to really cost you.

The traceroute was all you needed, if you actually need anything else to see where an issue is then your team are just as useless as your company.
    I read a previous review, and again all you do is ask for Traceroutes/Pingpaths, even from the clients customers in different locations, is this an attempt to simply stall the client?

Proaxxs are nothing more than a fraud, and I never once said in my post I'd been with your false company a month, clearly it's not a month when you've already cancelled my service just because I mentioned a chargeback and started a dispute (after first informing you).

For this, Proaxxs are going to burn,
    Trust me, just one mad client can lose you many.
    Considering my own clients also known how you operate, I guarantee you're going to struggle on this one.

To say you've been in business so long, some of the newer companies on here put you to shame, you people are complete frauds, claiming a money-back guarantee and 100% uptime on most of your pages.

Funnily enough, you seem to have already revised your Terms of Service, Even more evidence of a fraudulent operator, did you forget about Site Caches? You complete jokes.
    Last edited by NixDot; 06-07-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Hi. As a BurstNET Employ I can assure you that not all servers went down during our recent UPS issue. It only affected a small number of servers in our data center.

we obviously canceled your account with us for filing an invalid and false PayPal dispute.
    In other words: we think this dispute is false, so kick the customer out. Unfair, I have to admit.Well, if I open dispute with my current host - I don't think my host would close my account. They will probably wait the end of the dispute. Is it according to your TOS to terminate account of any usr you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Hi. As a BurstNET Employ I can assure you that not all servers went down during our recent UPS issue. It only affected a small number of servers in our data center.
    Mine was one of them, I hold no grudge against BURST for this though, your updates about the issue were lightning fast, and you were honest above all things.

If I'd have known Proaxxs were reselling BURST in the first place I'd have simply gone with BURST, and avoided the $40 OS Re-install after being adamantly told by Proaxxs that the issue was definately on my side.

Also Proaxxs, in one support ticket your response was 'We see you have installed SolusVM, we've seen this caused many problems'

Are you braindead?
    At most, SolusVM will lock of it's virtual containers, or it will cause lighttd to fail, IT WILL NEVER BRING DOWN IT'S MAIN NODES CONNECTION!

Lie all you like, won't work here, or anywhere,
    It's pretty transparent who here is the fraud.

Otherwise why would you delete all support tickets once you found that they contained complete lies? And why would you falsely cancel a server that has already been paid for?

Exactly, whatever your false answer may be, answers my questions.

Only YOU lose in this situation, if Paypal do decide your right, then my bank simply pulls back the money, due to your fraudulent actions. Either way you lose and not me.

I did offer you the opportunity to simply refund me, because now, you're going to face strong negative press, here and everywhere else I visit, you'll certainly lose every client that actually searches 'Proaxxs' on google, because yes, even negative reviews can be SEO'd

So was it worth it?
    Oh time will tell.

Sure enough, here is the graph
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/nixdot.png/
    and that is right, there was nothing wrong with your server on the network end. You are simply making assumptions and false claims... PERIOD!

You provided no useful information at all nor would you accept our help.

Whether you believe it or not nixdot, we have been in this business since 1999 and in business in general for over 25 years... and we certainly are not out to defraud anyone. Your accusations are silly and ridiculous. I may not have a lot of posts here on WHT but I have been a member for over 10 years

If anyone is a fraud it is you. To make false claims and not provide any valid information and then lie to PayPal? Everything is time stamped and documented.
    Everything you presented to PayPal is false as well and we can prove that also.... directly from PayPal.

There has been no changes to our terms recently, and even if there was they would not cover you. You're not even a client any more.

We canceled your service? Are you kidding me? The server is still there, you just can't use it, because you filed a fraudulent claim at PayPal and now posting fraudulent information here. In fact you were still using the server after you filed the false PayPal dispute until we suspended it. And you still have your domain pointed to the server IP's

You're making all this stuff up and this will surely come back to bite you. If you think it's okay not to accept help from your provider and then stiff them by making false claims, you are sadly mistaken.

For your information, we clearly state the following on each page
    Before You Sign-Up

As with all of our services it is required that you read the terms of service and the acceptable use policy before purchasing any services from us.
    and links directly to http://hosting.proaxxs.net/legal
    I don't know how much clearer we can be with this. This has always been there and none of this has changed recently.

If anyone is going to look bad here, it will be you. Again we have done nothing wrong. I posted the facts, and they speak for themselves. We also still have the tickets archived in our helpdesk for further proof

The bottom line is this. You never accepted our help with anything and you never provided any valid trace. The "one" trace you provided didn't tell us much and you refused to provide anything further. You refused to work with us. If your server really had issues and you insisted on moving, we could have moved you to a different location, but you didn't even give us that opportunity.

In fact, this is exactly what we said in ticket 8990: "If it is not a solusvm issue or can't be resolved by our admins we will gladly provide compensation if it is a network or hardware issue" - And you refused!

I don't know how long you have been in this business, but stiffing a provider like this is a no-no, as I think any legitimate provider will agree.

If anyone thinks we did something wrong here, I would like to hear their thoughts on this one

Mine was one of them, I hold no grudge against BURST for this though, your updates about the issue were lightning fast, and you were honest above all things.

If I'd have known Proaxxs were reselling BURST in the first place I'd have simply gone with BURST, and avoided the $40 OS Re-install after being adamantly told by Proaxxs that the issue was definately on my side.
    Unbelievable. There was nothing discussed before or when you asked for a reinstall. You simply opened ticket 8870 and said "Hi, just wondering how I can get an OS re-install on my unmanaged server? Also how fast could I get this done?" Simple as that.

As far as updates from us, there was no issue with your server or network on your server so there was nothing to update. What aren't you understanding about this?

Do we need to provide the screenshots of the actual tickets too? So everyone can see.

I am honestly getting tired of the lies being told here

Also Proaxxs, in one support ticket your response was 'We see you have installed SolusVM, we've seen this caused many problems'
    This is exactly what was said:

I would suggest you have your server admin take a look in the server to check your Solusvm. We have seen issues with this many times.
    ===========================
    And we also said:

Again, if you can provide the login info I will have our admins take a look.
    ===========================

NOTE: If you are going to quote us, then copy and paste "exactly" what was said.

Otherwise why would you delete all support tickets once you found that they contained complete lies? And why would you falsely cancel a server that has already been paid for?
    Again the server is not canceled, your account is as you broke our TOS by filing a false PayPal dispute AND refused to work with us

I did offer you the opportunity to simply refund me, because now, you're going to face strong negative press, here and everywhere else I visit, you'll certainly lose every client that actually searches 'Proaxxs' on google, because yes, even negative reviews can be SEO'd
    You never gave us an opportunity to do anything. You simply said you are canceling and want a refund and you refused to discuss it with us

Do we have to post the actual screenshots of the tickets to stop you from posting false information?

Makes no difference to me, you've already annoyed me.
    Post what you like, it won't affect my review.

And I never gave you opportunity to do anything?
    Once your staff started lying to me, there was no chance of any further opportunities.

However you try defend yourself, you are simply a weasel, whatever happens it'll be Proaxxs that lose out, not me. It's simple, you've stolen my money and you'll pay.
    Either way I get my money back, and continue my work.

You however, will clearly lose out, that's plain to see.

However, continue in whatever way you wish, your long membership on this forum means nothing, considering you've already been noticed to be paying members in a way to write good reviews, your history on this community is very shady indeed, as I'm sure you know, otherwise you should try a search to see what kind of reputation you have around here.
    Since 1999? - That makes it worse, you've had plenty of time to learn how to actually be a good host, yet I see hundreds of bad reviews around here!

See, trying to turn the crowd against me simply won't work, because you've already shown that your business methods are rather sinister.

Also,have you ever heard of a spell-checker?
    I'd expect more, from such a 'reputable' company.

Through-out my time with Proaxxs I was asked either for my root login details or for traceroutes, I proved 3 traceroutes, all with matching and real-time status from DownForEveryOneOrJustMe.

You then asked em for a 'complete' traceroute, which you have no need for.
    The only hops missed out were the first 5, which clearly don't need to be shown considering they are hops bouncing 100% successfully around my local Virgin Media pops.

So while you're at it, please include those 3 traceroutes I sent you, and explain exactly why you didn't have the intelligence to see that the issue was within the datacentre, 1 hop before the router of my box?
    Last edited by NixDot; 06-07-2011 at 04:56 PM.

I hold no grudge against BURST for this though, your updates about the issue were lightning fast, and you were honest above all things.
    You're not being honest about this either. Can I post the screenshot of the PayPal dispute to show "exactly" what you said about BurstNet? I mean you did place most all the blame on them in the PayPal dispute.

And BTW there were NO issues in your server from the network or hardware end. This is your assumption

How am I being dishonest, in the Paypal dispute I simply said 'Proaxxs do not mention they are reselling BURSTNet servers, which are bad for issues', which is true, firstly because of the Repo which has a lot of my clients puzzled.

I also go on to say I'm a BURSTNet reseller myself, which of course I am.

So where is my dishonesty?

Here is dishonesty. (Under the 'Our Goal' Tab)

Today - http://hosting.proaxxs.net/about_us/index.htm

A few days ago - http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...w.google.co.uk

That's quite a large change you've made there, yet you say you made no changes at all? Interesting... seemingly after I posted a link to it in my Paypal dispute also.

If you know the Paypal claims team, then you'll know that they won't fall for your scams, see when sites start to change like that, it's quite transparent to all the little fraud scheme your running.

You also earlier said that my server hadn't been cancelled,
    However it's been off for a while, for anyone observing - 64.120.249.202

It's simple, you've stolen my money and you'll pay.
    Either way I get my money back, and continue my work.
    No one stole your money. You tied it up in PayPal with an invalid dispute

However, continue in whatever way you wish, your long membership on this forum means nothing, considering you've already been noticed to be paying members in a way to write good reviews, your history on this community is very shady indeed, as I'm sure you know, otherwise you should try a search to see what kind of reputation you have around here.
    Since 1999? - That makes it worse, you've had plenty of time to learn how to actually be a good host, yet I see hundreds of bad reviews around here!
    I welcome anyone to do a search on us. I don't know what you're looking at, but the above statement couldn't be further from the truth. As with any provider you may find a couple bad reviews... and the few that I know of are in relation to non paying clients, and blaming us. You can draw your won conclusion on that. But overall I assure you we take very good care of all our clients. I do see Jay aka nixdot is posting false info all over the net. This may come back to haunt you.

You then asked em for a 'complete' traceroute, which you have no need for.
    Sorry, but yes we do. We need to "see" the issue to resolve it.

So while you're at it, please include those 3 traceroutes I sent you, and explain exactly why you didn't have the intelligence to see that the issue was within the datacentre, 1 hop before the router of my box?
    It was not in the DC. As I stated, you misconfigured the firewall in the vps (IP) you were running the trace on. There was no issue in the DC that affected your server. We already provided you the graph to prove this.

And no the server was not canceled. You violated our TOS and you would not have access to the server unless the PayPal dispute was resolved.

In any event, if you had discussed your issues with us instead of jumping the gun, I assure you we could have worked something out, even moving you to a different DC.

And you can have the last word. I have offered proof, showed the graph you asked for, tried to reason with you, etc. and you are out nothing (we are) - So others can do their searches, or whatever else they wish to do. I am sure they will come to their own conclusion.

Quite frankly, this has been the first time we have ever had a client that simply refused to work with us. I just don't know what else to say about that. But I wish you luck.

Have a great day!

The firewall in my Shared VPS was being run by cPanel, along with other scripts, using WHMXtra, CSF its-self was running in test mode the whole time, meaning that clearly it doesn't block access.

As said, I don't need the last word, and this is just the beginning, you had your chance to offer a refund and cut your losses and you declined so clearly you haven't learned.
    Your staff blatantly lied to me, as you're doing in this thread.
    Including changing my root pass without telling me, which is why I'm angry.

I'm done with writing messages backwards and forwards, and I'm tired of you telling constant lies and trying to act professional when you're clearly nothing but a fraud.
    This will end once I feel I've caused your company the damages you've caused me, and trust me I haven't even started yet.

You say most companies have bad reviews?
    If I Google proaxxs, I see 'fraud', 'scam', 'avoid'...
    This if before I even see my own reviews.

MOST companies have mixed reviews yes, but yours in particular has mainly negative has funnily picked up a reputation of posting fake reviews.

@OP: Sorry to hear about your problems, I hope you are able to sort a refund and move elsewhere.

@Proaxxs; for a few weeks ago you stole material from SpeedySparrow - now you are using a design that either is a rip or extremely inspired by NetDepot.

http://www.netdepot.com/company.html
    http://hosting.proaxxs.net/about_us/index.htm

l Spiral Hosting Limited • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2003
    l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.SpiralHosting.com

The firewall in my Shared VPS was being run by cPanel, along with other scripts, using WHMXtra, CSF its-self was running in test mode the whole time, meaning that clearly it doesn't block access.
    It's a fact, CSF firewall was not configured properly due to which the network drops existed. There's a setting in csf which describes the ethernet device of the server and it was left blank. This was your issue all along. And once again, the graphs prove there was no issue at the network level.

You say most companies have bad reviews?
    If I Google proaxxs, I see 'fraud', 'scam', 'avoid'...
    This if before I even see my own reviews.

MOST companies have mixed reviews yes, but yours in particular has mainly negative has funnily picked up a reputation of posting fake reviews.
    Yeah because you posted them Jay, John, nixdot, intelliserve, etc. or whoever you are. All your domain whois records are privacy protected. Are you kidding me?

We've been in business a long time and have nothing to hide, and for the last time we did nothing wrong. We tried helping but you refused.... PERIOD... case closed!

Again I welcome anyone to do a search and I am sure they will come to their own conclusions. I don't have a problem with that.

I'm done here... Good luck and have a great day!

I don't know if this was the problem but Virgin Media were having problems around the 4th and 5th of june, I was unable to access my VPS with volumedrive during this time. My tracerouter seemed fine to my server I just couldn't log onto putty and was unable to load my site.

Virgin Media Status
    Date Issue raised:June 01 2011, 22:45
    Estimated repair time:June 04 2011, 17:00
    Fault reference:F001622620

This was pushed to the 5th of june.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast