Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

P4 1.6 ghz/1 GB RAM/40 Gig (900 GB Cogent or 400 Internap) $139/mo and no setup

No contract needed. www.hostmania.net

We are currently offering this promotion to the first 100 users or through Midnight next Friday (8/2/01) which ever comes first. This promotion isn't listed anywhere on our site, but it's the first choice during the order process. (click on any "order now" button)

The special includes a 1U Steel chassis server with a Pentium 4 1.6 ghz, 1 Gig of Ram, and a 40 GB harddrive for $139/mo and no setup fee. You have the option of getting a 3 mb/s capped unmetered Cogent connection or 400 GB of Internap transfer. Ensim 3.1 100 domain license is also included.

For the next 5 business days, none of these servers will be installed. We are only taking orders the next 5 business days and then all servers will be put online Mon-Wed of the following week. Special only applies to the first 100 customers.

Internap bandwidth places your web server about 50 ft from direct connectivity to all of the following. UUnet, ATT, Sprint, Genuity, Global Crossing, Cable and Wireless, Qwest, Verio and Digex. This allows us to offer 55ms or better response times and 100% uptime guarantee for all network connectivity.

Our Cogent gateway is 66.28.28.90 and our Internap gateway is 216.52.184.225. Ping and traceroute from various looking glasses for response times and multiple paths to our datacenter. Our Cogent link hasn't been down in 10 months (we've only had it 10 months).

EVERY server is behind a firewall for prevention of DOS/DDOS, SYN Flood and a whole list of other hacker attacks. Preventing DOS is in our best interest too. This ensures we are not wasting resources on unwanted traffic types.

Other services available are server load balancing, SSL acceleration, full blown firewalls, and data backups to name a few. Visit www.hostmania.net.

Available OSes are Red Hat, FreeBSD, Mandrake, and others on request. We can also provide W2K on request.

Additional Cogent bandwidth is $30 per mb (unmetered) and Internap bandwidth is $1.25/GB over 400 GB.

See our Cogent ping times below.
    From 66.28.28.90 to www.verio.com (204.0.52.20) min/avg/max=84ms/84ms/84ms

From 66.28.28.90 to www.CW.com (204.71.140.70) min/avg/max=80ms/80ms/80ms

From 66.28.28.90 to www.att.com (135.145.9.134) min/avg/max=44ms/44ms/44ms

From 66.28.28.90 to www.qwest.com (199.168.32.62) min/avg/max=58ms/58ms/58ms

Upgrade cost:
    Add 512 mb memory: $29/mo and $29 setup
    Add 40 GB HDD : One time fee of $99
    Upgrade to 60 GB HDD: One time fee of $30
    Upgrade to Ensim unlimited: $29/mo
    Cpanel: $69 extra/mo
    H-spere: $4.50/domain (min. 50)
    Full Firewall: $29/mo
    Data backup: $2/Gb per month
    All servers are based on Red Hat 7.3
    IPs: free with justification

24/7 live support and reboots are free.

Contact sales@hostmania.net or visit www.hostmania.net for more information and to place an order. These will go fast.

For those needing less, we still also have the pure Cogent connectivity promotion for a Celeron 1 Ghz processor, 512 MB ram, and a 40 GB HDD with a 3 mb/s unmetered connection for $75/mo with a $75 install.

THis is a tremendous offer .

You are offering 400gb of Internap bandwidth correct?
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

Great offer but your sign up order now page does not work and I sent a test support email and have gotten no response.

I really need to know that you are legit service is there and the data center is maned before I lay down my money.

If you want to sell a server get back to me. monte@techark.com

I have the same question. Do you really have tech around 24/7?
    I know this is unmanaged server. But sometimes server do hang up, kernel panic..etc. I would be worry if no one is around to respond calls. I called several times last 2 weeks. No one is answering both sales and tech support. Can you please point out how is tech support being handled and how quickly do you guyz respond?

I had a few people tell me that they're really good.

I've contacted chavvon about dedicated servers and rackspace.

I must say, this offer is tempting. Even though we have rackspace elsewhere, and we're happy.

My question is, how can you afford to give a box and 400GB of Internap for $139/mo? I know the prices of Internap. I know that chavvon runs a business that is primarly data backup. But, the numbers just don't add up.

Overselling? Probley.. everybody does it. But what's the catch?
    Jason

Chavvon did contact me back so that is good. I am still a bit leary of the 24/7 support cause when I need a reboot I need it now.

I understand where the bandwidth is coming from he explained that in a previous thread a few weeks back.

I would like to still hear from current customers and how they are finding everything.

I understand how he works, most of his traffic at night because he runs data backup. Ok great, alot of my traffic is at night too. That really doesn't matter. But.. how the hell does he do it?

[edit] how the hell does he do it and make money? [/edit]

This is like someone selling you a Lexus for the price of a KIA.
    Jason

chavvon

Are you going to go broke in a month?

How many do you have left? of the p4's

Also, if I get the server thats on internap (The p4), is it going to be internap in and out? or just internap in and cogent out? Which is it going to be?

IS this internap in and out??

Please reply back soon and let us know.

Are you going to be loosing any money offering this?

My main concern is : Will this be internap in and cogent out?

Let us know, thanks.

24/7 tech support number is 866-HOSTMANIA.

If anyone has called this number and didn't talk to me or one of my guys, I need to know what day and time you called. Someone should always get that phone, and it they don't, they should return your call in 5 minutes max.

Everyone is asking how can we do this. We're not just a web hosting provider, we have many other supporting and complimentary lines of business. www.transoptics.com does enterprise level stuff, www.hostmania.net is catering to you all, and www.smithservers.com (can't buy yet) is providing hardware to both companies and others who need cost effective servers.

My whole plan is to build an ecosphere of companies that are helping each other, and you, out. Plain and simple.

Regards,

CS

thus far chavvon has replied within minutes of all my emails. thats saying something

Great, fast, reliable service! Very professional

Professional?

Where's the TOS?
    Where's the AUP?
    Where's the Contract?

This is an open deal for him to screw you over, or for someone to screw him over.
    Jason

Professional? I'm not sure about that.

I'm a bit confused. You see, I really want one of the p4 servers.

Problem is:
    I sent an email to sales saying this:

Hi,

I have one more questoin.

Do you guys accept paypal? please tell me you do. -- my credit card limit is not high enough to pay for the server.
    If you guys accept paypal then that would be great.

I would definately get one!

Let me know please

thanks.

You know what he says back to me?

you can pay via paypal handle chavvon@transoptics.com.

Regards,

CS

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just send him the money and hope for a server? is this how it works? or what
    maybe i'm missing something here
    I don't quite understand

Where is the TOS?
    Where is the AUP?

I figure don't they want my info first? then show me the tos/aup -- and if i AGREE, then send a request for $140 or whatever it is for the p4
    or atleast have me send the amount

or atleast setup a subscription..

I'm a bit confused.

Am I suppose to just send you them the money, and HOPE I get a server?

I just don't this to turn out like this thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=63196

Say I did have a credit card with a high limit. Or I had a friend buy for me. Where do I go to order?

I mean, you say you're offering a p4 1.6ghz, for $139/mo
    In email i was told only 80 left. My question is how are people ordering these? How are you receiving the payment, how are you collecting the info? Are all these people just signing up without even being told about a AUP/TOS ?
    are they sending you money through paypal and thats it?

Is there a special URL on the website where you have peopel who want the p4's to go to and fill out the form so you can charge their cc? Or what?

I'm very confused.

Because I cannot find anything on the site about this p4 special offer.

Don't get me wrong. I want one. I just don't want to get ripped off.

Let us know.

thanks.

MOD could you please move this to the Dedicated Server special offers

Oh that's right. I dont think there are any mods here anymore
    I asked for my other thread to be moved, and a day has gone by now and its still there

Sigh, oh well.

Originally posted by jayjay
    Professional?

Where's the TOS?
    Where's the AUP?
    Where's the Contract?

This is an open deal for him to screw you over, or for someone to screw him over.
    Originally posted by clocker1996

Where is the TOS?
    Where is the AUP?

Its not exactly rocket science to look at a website and find a TOS and/or AUP.

So thinking about it; a TOS and AUP is a legal procedure, so where would you look ? Maybe the About Us section (on most sites) and to your surprise you would find a Legal submenu section in this case.
    Maybe looking around and observing who they are before starting to questions one identity is a good idea.

Have a nice evening!
    Shazad.
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

Originally posted by jayjay
    But.. how the hell does he do it?

[edit] how the hell does he do it and make money? [/edit]

This is like someone selling you a Lexus for the price of a KIA.
    It's called business strategy, if they were to go around telling everyone how they do business they would be better sitting at home and knitting.

Back on topic they are not new to the scene they run a highly successful business for fortune 100 companies.
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

WOW

YOU

CAN

SEE

BETTER

THAN

ME!!!

DO YOU WANT A COOKIE?!

Stop being an *******, I wasn't. I was asking a question.

I would also advise you to lookup the meaning of "emergency" on websters.com, because you don't know what a emergency router reboot is.
    Jason

Ok, he has a TOS and a AUP. I'm blind.

So disregard my previous statements.

This offer just must be one of those amazing great things that only happen once in a blue moon. : )
    Jason

it just goes to show how well u guys go through a website.

and that is bad browsing.

Originally posted by oc3
    it just goes to show how well u guys go through a website.

and that is bad browsing.
    yeah ok

aren't you the guy that was offering redhat 9.3 a week or two ago??

anyway

here is what hostmania says to me....

"I don't understand your confusion. We have online signup at www.hostmania.net

You pay to guarantee you are one of the first 100 and they you get your server.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

CS"

Now, OC3, i would love for you POINT out where exactly do i sign up for the p4??

this is what i emailed hostmania after they said that to me

Well you guys emailed me back saying "I don't understand your confusion. We have online signup at www.hostmania.net"

Where is the online sign up for the p4? I don't see it anywhere on the site

Closest I can get is: https://commerce.hostmania.net/ - but i dont know the offer code ?

So what happens after I send the payment?

Im asking how is this suppose to go down?
    I send you the money through paypal, then what? How do I know when to send you the money again? Don't you want any of my info? Any contact info? Nothing??

When you buy a dedicated server from say rackshack, webreseller, you have to provide them with info, then you send payment.

I don't see any process like that going on here for this p4. From what I can see, you're saying send the money here, and thats it. What then?

I hope you can see what i'm saying now..

Let me know if there is some sort of URL / sign up for for the p4??
    Or if no sign up form for the p4... then if i have to send the money through paypal, fine. But what happens after i send the money. What happens then? How long do i wait, until I receive the server, and what kind of information will I be given?

so i must be really blind

Yes.. We probley forgot about a few browsing "etiquette laws".

I always do that!

Anyways.. Clocker is just pointing out that there's no way to order the damn thing.
    Jason

Did you guys even read his post? First line:

We are currently offering this promotion to the first 100 users or through Midnight next Friday (8/2/01) which ever comes first. This promotion isn't listed anywhere on our site, but it's the first choice during the order process. (click on any "order now" button)

well monte id love to
    but everytime i type in my username and password
    and click continue

i get page cannot be displayed

does it work for anyone else?

https://commerce.hostmania.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast