Looking for Domain name - suggestions

OK - I know these threads are not great.
    Mainly because if a "great" domain name was to be discovered unregistered then people wouldn't post it here.
    Also even if a "Good" or "OK" name appears there is the chance of somebody else jumping in.
    However I'll give it a go as I do have some backup names in case this comes to nothing.

I have been doing some "no thrills" VHS tape to DVD conversions for people.
    No thrills in that I take a VHS tape, transfer it to my PC and then burn it to a DVD.
    I don't do any editting - I leave that to the person whose video it is.
    Because it's "no thrills" I can charge a lot less than a few of these other companies who want to value add things.
    This to me is just a little way of generating a little more income - there are no plans for this to be a major investment in my time or to attempt to turn it into a major business.
    However I've been surprised (after word of mouth & advert in local newsletter) the amount of interest.
    So - it's time to branch onto the web - but I need a domain name
    I'm in the UK and will only be offering this to people in the UK, so maybe a co.uk would be a better choice than a .com on this particular occasion.
    Typically the best (in my eyes) have gone:

tape2dvd
    tapetodvd
    vhs2dvd
    vhstodvd

Any ideas forum goers?

I like vhs2dvd since it contains two words an is short. Typically you want a "premium domain name" (see premiumdomain.com) which consists of two short words. For me vhs makes more sense then tape since tape has many applications. Good luck with your venture!

P.S. Be sure to get a .com (people are still learning what a TLD is ;-))
    Robert Davis - CEO/Network Operations Manager
    Cyberdog Internet Services - Hosting solutions for all.
    Latest cPanel
    - PHP5,Ruby,CloudFlare - Fantastico De Luxe - SSLLabs A+ - Dual Oct Core
    99.9% SLA - 30min support - 24x7 Status Site - 60 Day Money Back

Assuming that you have them both already, I would use vhs2dvd.co.uk with vhstodvd.co.uk as the backup for when you speak to people on the telephone.

You might even think ahead and get vhs2BluRay.co.uk or .com ... but I guess that's kind of ridiculous, picture quality-wise.

Sounds like a great little side business. So, tell us the truth, have any "intimate" tapes come your way yet?
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Alas, of the four names I listed in my first post I don't own any of them - in my eyes they were potentially the best and it would seem others agree and they have already gone.
    Hence my call for help really.
    I'm on the look out for a suitable domain name, with "vhs" in it - or maybe I'll just go for the "unrelated" domain name and rely on marketting it...

LOL@4solutions
    As it happens yes.
    However one of the things that I've always said is that I'm simply offering a service, I don't judge.
    Obviously if certain material was sent to me to be put on DVD then I would hand it in to the authorities and it would be over to them.
    However that would have to basically be a tape on an illegal subject.
    Anything "intimate" or "exotic" I'd be happy to do.

I'm planning on having a downloadable order form that must be sent with all tapes submitted and one of the things that will contain is basically an undertaking from me that anything submitted to me (with the exceptions I've mentioned) would be safe.
    IE - not going to end up plastered all over the Internet.
    I can't think of a quicker way of a business vanishing than if you posted people's tapes anywhere on the net.

Not anywhere, you could just create a password protected folder and email each customer his own password saying that it will be deleted after one week, or paying for an extra week/month.

Just some random thoughts: vhs2dvdnow.com, vhs2dvdexpert.com, dvd4keep.com, imakedvd.com, homebreweddvd.com, dvdise.com, etc.

i like homebreweddvd.com, go for that

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie82
    Not anywhere, you could just create a password protected folder and email each customer his own password saying that it will be deleted after one week, or paying for an extra week/month.
    Oh from that point of view I can and will offer that to customers - while they wait for their DVD to arrive I can make their digital format version available to them via a password area (if they want).
    As customers they just need to grow to trust me.
    99% of the work will be "regular" transfer work with only a veryh small percentage coming under the "Discression Assured" banner - but it's important discression is assured and that said dgitised version of tape doesn't make it into the wrong hands.

Thanks for the suggestions people.

Here's a few suggestions:

tapeburner.com
    vhsburner.com