Question

Hello,

I have a Question and I hope someone can help me:

[I hope all of you understand My then I'm from a non-English speaking Country and so My English is not perfect/good]

I have at the Moment a Dedicadet Server at Colossus (http://www.colossus.net/) where I have so much IP-Adresses I want/need ! Now after My Server (P133 with 128 MByte) is a littlebit to weak (only since I have two MySQL-Databases on it - Apache make a boot so twice a Day and MySQL so after every 15 Post in the Forum) I want to go RackLocation (http://www.racklocation.com/) with a Power-Server [PIII600, 512 MByte RAM, 2 x (Raid 1) 10 GByte HDs, etc.]. Now they give ''only'' 2 Domains with the Server, so I need to pay extra Money for more Domains.
    My Problem is now: I have more as 90 Domains (*.com, *.net, *.org) what I want to put on the Server.
    Question 1a: How many Domains can I put on a IP-Adress -- What is your 'Knowledge obtained by doing' for this ? How about a max. of 20 Domains pro IP ??
    Question 1b: Same Question but + Third Level Domains (xxx.yyy.com) ! Is it the same with the normal Domains ? Should I say: For every Domain-Packet (normal Domain himself + all the Third Level ones of it) his own IP-Adress ?
    Now you see, I a littlebit worry about that My Server dont get a Chaos/Mess with so much Domains and not so many IP-Adresses.
    **** Greetings from Switzerland:: Marco ****
    *** little Info: I'm from a NonEnglish-Country so hope you understand what I mean ***

Post Re:

Hi

iMHO...you can add an unlimited no. of domains per ip,id go w/ 60 max.
    make sure to make an A record ,no ptrs and cnames just a record and an mx in case you also want email setup per subdomains

cheers,
    elijaH

Re: Re:

Thanks for the Info & Help.

Originally posted by elijah
    Hi

iMHO...you can add an unlimited no. of domains per ip,id go w/ 60 max.
    make sure to make an A record ,no ptrs and cnames just a record and an mx in case you also want email setup per subdomains

cheers,
    elijaH