Visa for HostingCon

I am posting this thread to know about the experiences from other members (outside US) who have applied for a visa to attend HostingCon in the past; especially if your country does not have the Visa Waiver Program. Please share your experiences and suggestions if you had applied for a visa from your country to attend HostingCon in the past.

You will most likely need medical insurance and money guarantee for your stay approved by your embassy.

I have lived in both Texas and California as foreign citizen and its not difficult if you can provide the documentation above and ex. proof of ticket for this agenda of visit together with 2 way flight ticket of course after getting visa.

Also some countries is required to document some medical shots to enter USA.
    Quatro VPS
    Linux, Free BSD, Windows and Elastix plans available.
    All plans utilitize KVM virtualization and dedicated resources.

You should to show any reference where you want to go

Quote Originally Posted by hostgatorhost View Post
    You should to show any reference where you want to go
    Its very strict for countries not included in the visa waiver program and you will most likely show some more than a simple reference.

I am expat and have tried the immigration laws in the states and its not easy to enter that border without all kind of documents.

Even countries included in visa waiver program must from time to time proof ex. insurance and fund when entering.
    Quatro VPS

Yes, its very difficult if you are not from one of the 38 countries eligible for Visa Waiver Program. You have to attend an interview at the US Consulate event though it is a visit visa. They may not even ask for any documents at the interview. The decision will be taken in a few seconds based on how you answer in the interview. So I was wondering if people have been able to get through the interview citing Hostingcon as the reason for visiting US.

They may ask for the documents I mentioned at the border even if you are granted visa at the embassy or are from any visa waiver program countries. I have showed documents several time at the border before i got a long term visa in US and talking of experience.

I have even been stock in custom for hours with valid visa at george bush airport in Houston because of validation of my oversea bank accounts and funds so dont tell me its no problem.

Its 1 simple rule, as long as you dont have green card or us passport its NOT easy if you meeting someone on a bad day.
    Quatro VPS

I think money guarantee is most important. BTW, let us know further news about your participation.
    Join business learners community.
    Learn Marketing. Read marketing articles.
    Be an entrepreneur. Read business articles.
    Articles on: Marketing, Finance, HR, Advertising and others.

We went to the US consulate in Chennai (India) and got our B1 Visas stamped for 10 years with few questions asked about the event and ourselves. Took us less than a minute