Question European E3-1230 or Similar?

My company is looking to expand into Europe but we havent had much luck finding any providers that can match the deal we get in the US. Does anyone know of a place that would be able to meet our requirements or come close?

The Specs:
    E3-1230 or above
    16GB RAM
    120GB SSD
    16 or close in IPv4 addresses
    100Mbps Connection
    10TB Bandwidth
    Budget cap: $130~ USD/month.
    Ocity Hosting, LLC.Racked & Ready Dedicated Servers
    Ocity SolutionsAffordable cPanel & OpenVZ Hosting
    AS46487: Tinet (GTT), NTT, TeliaSonera, Zayo, and Cogent
    Juniper Powered Network

130USD might be possible, but not at any reputable host. I think you will need to higher your budget to 150USD to find a good/stable host.
    YISP - High Bandwidth dedicated servers and colocation in YISP-AS(Amsterdam)!

The H/W specs is not a problem. A good deal may be difficult to get as in EU they charge 20%-25% sales tax at the top.

IMO you should be able to service European clients with US hosting from the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma-1 View Post
    The H/W specs is not a problem. A good deal may be difficult to get as in EU they charge 20%-25% sales tax at the top.

IMO you should be able to service European clients with US hosting from the east coast.
    If the customer is from outside the EU no VAT will be applied.

TS is in gameserver hosting, recommending US east coast is a bad idea

don`t believe those guys who are saying that your budget is not enough...you can find even a better configuration for your budget...you just need to think what kind of company would you like to work with !
    You can chose a big name like ovh and hetzner, but like i said in other posts here, they are maxed out companies...this means that they have a lot of clients and their resources are at maximum capacity, you canhave some problems regarding support...if you will have a hardware problem or something similar is possible to wait some days for them to solve the problem....
    Or you can try to develope a long term relation with a new company that appeared in last 2-3 years...there are a lot of companies appeared in last years and they have some amazing offers and some of them great quality...you just need to look out more.
    New Line of 100TB,200TB, 1Gbs, up to 10Gbs unmetered.
    -24/7/365 live support chat and email.
    -dedicated for large bandwidth consumers

For decent quality you will not find a host within that budget.
    If you don't care much about support then there are a few hosts who could fit your budget easily.

It all depends on what has your preference
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

If you drop the number of IP addresses needed you will find multiple offers in this price range.
    i3D.net (www.i3d.net) - Contact our sales team at: sales@i3d.net
    Global leader in Performance Hosting with global reach: https://www.i3d.net/one-platform/locations/
    Network and servers present on 35+ internet exchanges, 6 continents and 20 countries

Thanks for all the replies.

We did find a few places close to our budget with specs that were close enough.
    It looks like the US will still be our focus because its where we have some really good deals that are reliable.
    Ocity Hosting, LLC.Racked & Ready Dedicated Servers
    Ocity SolutionsAffordable cPanel & OpenVZ Hosting
    AS46487: Tinet (GTT), NTT, TeliaSonera, Zayo, and Cogent
    Juniper Powered Network

Quote Originally Posted by Rens View Post
    If the customer is from outside the EU no VAT will be applied.

TS is in gameserver hosting, recommending US east coast is a bad idea
    These are fairy tales. Above all customers will compare prices they see displayed for each hosting package. US east can very well service hosting requirements for the western europe.

These are fairy tales. Above all customers will compare prices they see displayed for each hosting package. US east can very well service hosting requirements for the western europe.
    You have no idea what you are talking about, sorry. I was the owner of one of the larger GSP's in The Netherlands, customers want a low ping, no lag and low costs. If you don't offer all of these you will get into problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rens View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about, sorry. I was the owner of one of the larger GSP's in The Netherlands, customers want a low ping, no lag and low costs. If you don't offer all of these you will get into problems.
    Sorry but clients look at the prices displayed for hosting services. The matter is very simple. You have to display the total including taxes, so an equivalent company that has no requirements to include taxes becomes preferable. And that's not your fault by any means its how things are in EU.

All prices must be obvious a webmaster to be able to see how much he has to pay for the services.

I'd recommend you to check out b2netsolutions.com dedicated servers.
    They offer them a lot and prices are quite modest.
    They can be useful for you.

...You have to display the total including taxes...
    Not true.

The rules are:

In the EU (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK) retailers serving markets which are largely business to business transactions may show ex-VAT prices. This includes server providers.

In the EEA (European Economic Area, sort of EU lite formed of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway - Switzerland has a similar relationship but is not formally EEA) countries have their own rules, Iceland for example simply does not charge VAT on data centre services.

Those countries who charge VAT on services will not do so to non-EU/EEA consumers or companies. Companies in the EU/EEA registered for VAT will generally not be charged VAT for cross-border transactions (actually more complex, but if you are registered for VAT in EU you probably know this already).

I'm sure as an experienced gameserver host, the OP will take their own view on transatlantic gameserver hosting...
    Advania Thor Data Centre Iceland - www.thordc.com
    High Spec Colocation and Dedicated Servers, powered by cheap, abundant and 100% renewable energy.
    Enterprise grade hosting, ISO27001 accredited for security, and all at fantastic pricing.

brian.rae@thordc.com