Hello,

I've had a Ubiquity dedicated server for 3 months now. I wasn't going to post a review for a couple more months but felt compelled to do so after reading another thread entitled "Ubiquity Servers Stay Away".

I experienced a similar situation to what the member (who posted the Stay Away thread) experienced with my initial server configuration. My server config was supposed to consist of an E6600, 2 GB RAM, and 250 GB HD. The server I was provisioned with had 1 GB RAM and a 160 GB HD. And like the member I had already invested quite a few hours configuring my server before noticing the problem. But this is where our similarities end. Because Ubiquity's support staff did almost everything possible to fix these problems and accommodate me. I was able to contact their support staff immediately via their Live Chat. When I told them that I had already spent valuable time configuring my server, they installed a 250 GB HD in addition to my existing 160 GB drive so that my configurations on the server would be preserved. When I found out that they did not have any compatible RAM in stock to add to my server, I insisted that I needed it within 2 days (I had a deadline to get the server configured for Xen and the RAM was crucial). Not only did they order the RAM with next day shipping, one of their support staff members (who lives 4 hours from Chicago) guaranteed me that if the RAM did not arrive in time, he would purchase it himself, drive to the DC, and install it. Luckily for him, the RAM came in time, because I was ready to hold him to his word. Lastly, they adjusted my billing cycle so that I was not charged for any of the days in which my server specs were incorrect.

I want to add that I actually expect all these things from someone I do business with. If they make a mistake, they should correct it and make it up to their customers. What really stood out about this experience was Ubiquity's honesty, willingness to admit their mistakes, and accommodate my requests.

The other thing I noticed throughout this experience is that Ubiquity's core staff is not located in Chicago (I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure). The only times I experienced support delays was when Ubiquity's support staff had to page/contact their hardware person at the DC and wait for that person to do the work. Yes, I said "person", as in " uno", "one". At one point, there was a 2 hour delay because that person wasn't reachable. To be fair, this was after hours on a weekend, so they may have more people available during business hours. More importantly, to me at least, is that they were again honest about the situation, and they were able to deliver what they promised in the end.

I haven't needed to contact Ubiquity for anything else since that time. My server is running as it should be, and their network has never been down.

Ethan