file serving dedicated server

hello

i am looking for a provider that has suitable servers for file serving/hosting, the CPU requirements of the server are not high as any website would be located on a seperate server.

i was looking at softlayer who are a great datacenter and their diskspace pricing is low but their bandwidth pricing is pretty high (especailly for unmetered) and they offer much more processing power than i need even at minimum

also i was looking at dediboxworld/bestofdata, from what i have just read though im glad i didnt choose them

does anyone know of any provider that has servers suitable for this, non usa is a plus but from what i have seen that is normally more expensive

thanks

I've heard FDCServers is pretty good for your unmetered needs, but if you need something in Europe, you might want to try 49Pence.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

thanks for your reply

FDC looks almost perfect about for the rather strange one off harddrive price on a server you are renting, i would rather have a service that allows you to rent harddrives

What sort of bandwidth pricing per mbit are you looking for, and at what volumes?

There are probably companies in the UK, Netherlands and Germany in Europe which offer rates low enough for most requirements

Kind regards,
    Kris
    Kris - nitrohosting.net
    Premium Dell Windows/Linux dedicated servers in London
    Great value shared hosting & ADSL.
    PM/Email for no-obligation quotes.

im not sure what bandwdith pricing per mbit, however i am not looking for exclusive or premium lines, shared is fine for the quality of bandwidth that i need (or high limit set bandwidth)

You could try doing a search for shared unmetered servers if that's what you want, or search the dedicated offers forum. There are plenty of providers around that should suit your needs.