Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Which OS is best ?

I used Windows 7 last 1 year now i see Microsoft start sale a new windows which called windows 8.
    now help me to choose which is best windows7 or windows8 ?
      0 Not allowed!

There is a thread about this topic already. You should use the search option.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx
      0 Not allowed!

Choice of the operating system is totally dependent upon your usage of the computer. It is same as choosing the high pixel monitor and high performance graphic card for the graphics/multimedia/animation professionals; where as PC used for accounting or any other stuff can spare the high pixel monitor.

Windows 7 is very well performing OS as compared to Windows XP. But if you want to stick with the old hardware profile of your computer then Windows XP would be just as fine. That is for loyal Windows users.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by toshost View Post
    I used Windows 7 last 1 year now i see Microsoft start sale a new windows which called windows 8.
    now help me to choose which is best windows7 or windows8 ?
    Whether your using touch based interface then windows 8 is best or else you can go for windows 7 is perfect
      0 Not allowed!

Between windows 8 and 7, there's not a whole lot different other than a start screen over a start menu.
    Personally I have used Windows 8, on a non-touchscreen machine and it works beautifully even then. You just have to learn the new tidbits.
      0 Not allowed!

I've not really used Window 8 yet, but I can comment on Windows 7.

I LOVE it. I've always been a big fan of Windows XP, and wasn't very keen on Windows Vista (so I stayed with XP). When Windows 7 come out, it was a lot quicker, cleaner and a better looking OS than Microsoft had developed.

From the previews I've seen, Windows 8 looks amazing!
      0 Not allowed!

If I do upgrade to Windows 8, I'm definitely getting this for $5.

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/
      0 Not allowed!

it all depends on your computer usage..
    If you like the graphics or just want a high performance system.

Windows 8 graphics are really good as compared to windows 7 but still it is new in market so it will take time get reviews on performance...
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 8 not yet tried, but definitely Windows 7 rocks.
      0 Not allowed!

I prefer to run some of unix-based OS whether it be Linux, BSD, Solaris or OX S.
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 7 is amply sufficient. Checkout windows 8 demo, it has a radically different GUI that is best suited for tablets not PC's. I would be cautious until I try it.

If you choose to install linux consider linux mint. It has the best ui among all linux distros.
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 7 64bit is the best one to go for at the moment,

I stuck with XP for years , didn't upgrade to Vista , upgraded to windows 7 64bit in 2010 and never had any problems.
    Inventive Hosting UK | USA |SG | NL|Trading Since 2004
    Shared Web Hosting - CloudLinux - Daily and weekly Backups
    Fully Managed KVM VPS Packages and Fully Managed Dedicated Servers
    UK Based 24/7/365 Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    If I do upgrade to Windows 8, I'm definitely getting this for $5.

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/
    You may want to check out "classicshell" which is free, and has more functionality
    GorillaServers Inc. Powerful Bare Metal Servers
    Instant and Custom Deploy 1Gbps/10Gbps Servers in Los Angeles & Ogden Utah
    Follow us @GorillaServers | GSI on Facebook
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 8 is mainly focussed on touch screen users and it has all feautures of windows 7.
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 8 has just been released, so it will take some time to get more reviews. However, Windows 7 is the most popular OS for desktops and laptops. Start with Windows 7 and you can upgrade to Windows 8 whenever you want.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Josphin View Post
    Windows 8 is mainly focussed on touch screen users and it has all feautures of windows 7.
    that's true, but Windows 8 got more features, among them storage spaces (a pretty decent storage pooling system) and Hyper-V 3, which is aiming towards desktop virtualisation. Added bonus is the new filesystem.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Josphin View Post
    Windows 8 has many other features that windows 7 don't have, please try it once and then compare.

Windows 8 got system-wide spellchecking, so you don't have to rely on a specific app to keep your writing top-notch, as well as a system-wide search feature, that lets you search anything from your music library to your contacts to the web itself.
      0 Not allowed!

I use windows 8, and love it, but remember, it doesnt exactly have a start menu as you no it...

I love windows 8, and wouldnt change back, its also so so much faster.

I love it, but it does take some gettign used to.
      0 Not allowed!

Out of those two, I'd go with OS X
    New Websites Web Design. Hosting. Marketing.
    ♥ Personal Support
    Fast Servers
    ►Best Backlink Services
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by spydoo View Post
    Out of those two, I'd go with OS X
    OS X doesnt work on every pc though, i could get it to work on my home pc :/
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 8 does have some nice features under the hood, but the frontend is a bit to gimmicky for me. I'll stick with windows 7 / linux
      0 Not allowed!

My professor in school always used to say:

"The debate between Mac and Windows is like the debate between Ford and Chevy! Everybody has their own opinions, but we all know Ford is better."

I like that.
      0 Not allowed!

I think if you want to choose both of windows product, you should try both of them and decide which one is the best for you. Basically, both of them is the best OS for now, but its back as you wish to choose.
    Web Hosting for ASP.NET | Reliable Webhosting
    Support Latest ASP.NET, MVC,PHP, MSSQL 2012
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know about the Windows 8 new operating system, According to me Windows 7 is good now with more and good features in operating system.
      0 Not allowed!

I used Windows Vista since last 3 years and it performance well!
    PORTFOLIO
    Expert in Web Designing
    Other Services-Wordpress, Joomla, Zencart, Vbulletin, PHP/MySQL
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast