Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Softaculous - better than Fantastico?

Has anyone tried Softaculous?

Its now offering more scripts than Fantastico (around 90 i guess) and free. I was wondering if we should suggest our clients to use Softaculous instead of Fantastico?

Anyone got any feedback from end-users?

I am not being bothered about the pricing as Fantastico comes free with my cpanel license. But as its offering more scripts, will it be better to suggest our clients to use Softaculous instead of Fantastico?
    WebHosting.com.bd - Web Hosting Bangladesh
    DomainDokan.com - Domain Registration Bangladesh

Wow, first time I hear this and it is free?

For sure, they will eventually ask for payment though once they are popular...

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Actually when I first found them out, they were to charge something like $18/year for a paid version and keep another limited version for free. They were then offering the paid version for free to spread out the words.

But now i see they have listed it as free.

This is the first I've heard of it as well. If it functions as it should then it looks like a great replacement. They defiantly need a better interface though.

try this and good enough but seems cannot correctly deal with suexec and suphp so set wrong permission
    ||| JFOC Network Solution - Affordable Web Hosting
    ||| Web Site: https://www.jfoc.net
    ||| Cloud Page Builder - Page Builder
    ||| Web Site: https://www.cloudpagebuilder.com

I'll have to look into this software. Currently we use Installatron and it seriously kicks Fantastico butt.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Have just installed this on our sites, lets see if the clients like it.
    David Spalton
    solidWEB.io:- European Webhosting
    uptimeBar.com:- Server Monitoring from 25+ locations worldwide
    UK: 0330 0010 433 US: +1 (646) 233-2289

We have it installed on our servers and works perfectly
    -> Bibihost.com <-> Since 2010 Professional Hosting in EU and USA <-
    -> No cheap stuff, we provide only professional hosting on powerful machines <-> Speed and responsiveness are first priority! <-

Quote Originally Posted by powerMonster-Scott View Post
    I'll have to look into this software. Currently we use Installatron and it seriously kicks Fantastico butt.
    With the current updates of fantastico (or rather the lack off) that is not hard; although Installatron indeed kicks Fantastico's butt
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Forget about the lack of updates, just the feature-set itself makes Installatron #1 in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by JFOC View Post
    try this and good enough but seems cannot correctly deal with suexec and suphp so set wrong permission
    Yeah, just tested that - has issues with PHPsuexec/suPHP, Fantastico has an option that allows you to enable PHPsuexec in the settings, guess that is needed here as well..

Installatron has been doing a great job as a Fantastico replacement. Fantastico sucks. Anyone know why it still has such a large market share?

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    Installatron has been doing a great job as a Fantastico replacement. Fantastico sucks. Anyone know why it still has such a large market share?
    When you order a server/vps they usually give you the option of a few control panels, cPanel will be listed and there is normally also a cPanel+Fantastico option

Plus fantastico was the first out the door.

I just installed it yesterday on my server and so far I haven't had any complaints (and so far I like it better than Fantastico/Installatron).
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

This is actually pretty awesome. I'm with Scott, Installatron is a million times better than Fantastico... but I might just give softaculous a shot.

/installing it now

can this be installed together with Fantastico on cPanel?

It intergrates directly with Fantastico/cPanel (looks like the only control panel supported). The only thing I noticed is it requires IonCube to be used as the internal cPanel PHP loader (not sure what effects that may cause performance-wise but I haven't seen any issue).
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

I installed it few days and it is AWESOME

I talked with Developer and he had plans to launch it for Kloxo in a few days but WTH now, kloxo/HyperVM have unknow future
    █ Host4Cheap - Hosting at affordable Prices
    █ WebHosting & Reseller Solutions
    All Shared / Reseller Accounts Now with PHP 4 / 5 Together!

Well I tried it and it's nice, especially for free. But I think they still have some work to do before it can compete with Installatron. Plus no DirectAdmin support sucks.

I dont know if we can upgrade scripts with Softacolous like we can with Installatron
    █ Host4Cheap - Hosting at affordable Prices
    █ WebHosting & Reseller Solutions
    All Shared / Reseller Accounts Now with PHP 4 / 5 Together!

<off topic>
    Is there any similar alternative to rvSkin & a website bulder?
    David Spalton
    solidWEB.io:- European Webhosting
    uptimeBar.com:- Server Monitoring from 25+ locations worldwide
    UK: 0330 0010 433 US: +1 (646) 233-2289

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhk View Post
    When you order a server/vps they usually give you the option of a few control panels, cPanel will be listed and there is normally also a cPanel+Fantastico option
    Yap

And also you might have customers already using fantastico on their previous host.

Over Softaculous forums they have said they are working on some kind of "converter" though.

Quote Originally Posted by jweeb View Post
    can this be installed together with Fantastico on cPanel?
    We are running both Softaculous and Fantastico on our servers.

Well we offer 75 scripts at the moment and 15 are in the making which will be launched soon.

About SuExec and SuPHP we havent got any complaints on our supprt board. If you do have then please post there and we will definitely solve the problems ASAP.

Softaculous, Fantastico and Installatron can all work simultaneously so no need to worry about that.

As I was reading this topic I found many of the repliers like Installatron. I would just like to clarify that Installatron takes about 12+ steps to make an installation of just one software. Softaculous just takes ONE and just ONE step, nothing more than that. Installatron uses a softwares own installer while Softaculous makes and installs softwares using its API. We are 3 Times Faster than Fantastico and 12 - 15 times faster than Installatron.

Nonetheless we are dedicated to keep adding softwares and take the number to 100+ within this month. Installatron offers 57 softwares and fantastico offers 52 softwares at the moment. So there is no comparison between Softaculous and Competitors.

To add to this NONE except softaculous offers the following:
    1) LIVE DEMOS of Softwares maintained by Softaculous
    2) Ratings
    3) REVIEWS

All that to within the Control Panel itself.
    And Softaculous is FREE!

The only thing we lack at the moment is POPULARITY.
    But our progress is good enough adding nearly 100 NEW SERVERS every week and the numbers keep getting better.

We made softaculous because we knew this would be the BEST piece of AUTO INSTALLER around.

Regards,
    ALONS
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast