Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Siteuptime or Uppanel? Siteuptime giving fasle downtimes.

Hello,
    Anyone using siteuptime seem to be getting and false downtime issues, cause site uptime just gave me 2 false downtimes. Did anyone else have issues with siteuptime and how reliable is it (siteuptime.com) . Plus i am thinking of changing to uppanel.com is that reliable or any other free uptime monitioring services exists?. I will contact siteuptime now asking for when the dowtime was reported cause i am pretty sure i have not rebooted apache or the server itself.

Thanks
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Hi,

Give http://www.host-tracker.com a try. They are very reliable for me

Ok i give them a shot , but lets see what siteuptime has to say regarding downtimes.
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Ok got reply from siteuptime that they do not offer such services on free acounts so i got confirmation from steadfast that their network was down for a few minutes. So i guess will stick with siteuptime for a while longer, but host-tracker seems to be little bulky dont u think?

i use www.hyperspin.com - very good solution - no false nowntime issues.

I use hyperspin too. And it's excellent so far.

I have used both siteuptime and uppanel. Have found that siteuptime is much much more reliable. There are instances where I would be browsing my own site and at the same time getting reports from uppanel that my site is down. Weird but true.

Siteuptime is inaccurate (a few of our resellers gave up on it after it regularly reported downtime that never occured).
    Uppanel is also inaccurate (missed a 37 min outage).
    Webhostingstuff seems to be off by 2hours/month, they seem to be so inconfident in their own tracking that they correct their results if you contact them.

For quality: Alertra and Websitepulse are very accurate.
    ReflexNetworks means Happy Clients!

I'll give another nod to hyperspin
    It's not a party without an evil banana!

Quote Originally Posted by netscan
    I'll give another nod to hyperspin
    Yep uses hyperspin as it seems to be the best out there right now.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Ok i just signed out with hyperspin but do they have public link which u can put on ur site to customers to look at cause in my account i dont see such code

Look under the report tab, theres a link to the public report code you can put on your site
    It's not a party without an evil banana!

Quote Originally Posted by andren
    Siteuptime is inaccurate (a few of our resellers gave up on it after it regularly reported downtime that never occured).
    Uppanel is also inaccurate (missed a 37 min outage).
    Webhostingstuff seems to be off by 2hours/month, they seem to be so inconfident in their own tracking that they correct their results if you contact them.

For quality: Alertra and Websitepulse are very accurate.

The same thing happened with us when we tried Siteuptime, it reported false downtime quite a few times.
    Devoted Host
    Quality Shared and Reseller Web Hosting
    http://devotedhost.net/
    MegaBlog!

We moved from Siteuptime to Hyperspin as well last November, been a great service.

Try sitealarm, even give public stats if you want them.

John
    Ultra High Performance UK VPS without compromise.
    HPe servers, Intel NVMe DC P3700/P4600 SSD
    https://clustered.net

I am currently using uPanel and things are working fine for me, although I have only been using this service for approximately 2 months. I haven't had any problems with them thus far.
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Email Hosting
    Dedicated Servers / Unmetered Servers / Linux & Windows VPS
    DME Hosting, LLC [http://www.dmehosting.com]

i have actually been doing some experimenting with uppanel, i decided to monitor 2 sites on the same server to see what happens, and sometimes i get 1 site down and sometimes the other, which i don't understand why really (am going to try hyperspin now )
    SupportPal - Smart self-hosted help desk software
    Supporting multiple channels, including Twitter and Facebook. WHMCS integration available.
    LicensePal - Discounted popular web hosting software licenses
    cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM, CloudLinux, Blesta, Softaculous, Installatron, and much more!

sfx i think hyperspin is good , but i do not see any detailed reports with hyperspin or a better visible uptimes its a single row stating everything in that one table made up of 2 rows .

But otherwise i think hyperspin good.

Edit: hyperspin.com doesnt seem to be opening, any else having same issues?
    Last edited by Energizer Bunny; 02-02-2006 at 06:21 PM.

I use SiteUptime and have not had any problems. I think I am going to try out Hyperspin.
    Neil K.
    Deccan Host :: Hosting for the rest of us.
    hostREV.net :: Host your images!

I used SiteUpTime last year and they had the same problems then. I tried to tell them that their algorithm for detecting downs would always produce a lot of false downs, but evidently they still don't seem to care.

The problem they had is that they monitor your server with five other servers. If only one of their servers shows a down, then it's reported as a down. This is at least absurd. Plus, the more servers they monitor you with, the more false downs you'll have.

They need to scrap their 'site down = yes' algorithm and put in at least:

If 4 out of 5 servers = "down"
    THEN; server down = "yes"

The only question there should be is:
    Should it be ALL the servers saying 'down' to classify as a real down?
    What if one server is getting through???

Nice to see some alternatives listed here; I'll have to check them out. Thanks.
    - Richard Skenderian
    rskenderian@corptex.com
    Corptex

Also, what uptime providers have either a basic free service or will allow a trial of their service?

I'd like to have two different services report to a program that only sends a down report if BOTH services call a down. SiteUpTime was such a bad experience that I had to call them every month and show them logs so they'd erase my false downs.

I'll give them that, though; they did go in and take care of the false downs ... but it was still just too much to continue on with them.

Thanks again,
    - Richard Skenderian
    rskenderian@corptex.com
    Corptex

did anyone try hkuptime.com?
    Rails in DA - Ruby on Rails plugin for Directdmin | DA-Tomcat - Tomcat Manager plugin for Directdmin
    DA-PgSQL - PostgreSQL plugin for Directdmin | IP Deny Manager - IP Deny Manager plugin for Directdmin
    DeeperAdmin - Manager your DirectAdmin server "deeper"
    Order now at http://www.daplugin.com

Ok i can now safely confirm that site uptime gives false output as i had only small 15 mins outage due to some service failure and is clearly shown by hyperspin records but siteuptime cared to show 2 downtimes even though its set to monitor for 30 mins interval. So i would be shifting to hyperspin full time soon. Siteuptime no good i have proof now .

We use siteuptime and have done since July. No problems at all. We havent had any downtime and siteuptime hasnt reported any. So for free I think its fine... ofcourse alertra is supposed to be much better but it isnt free.
    Last edited by Revex Nation; 02-14-2006 at 04:44 PM.

andren,

You say uppanel missed a 37 min outage? What was the time period set to for checking and what port was it checking?

<<Signature to be set up in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-29-2006 at 10:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast