Thread: Contabo

* Contabo

I would strongly recommend avoiding Contabo, they seem to have some very dubious practises, namely:

1) €30 setup - for a VPS???
    2) No Refund Policy - this is absolute, no refunds whatsoever
    3) €30 reactivation fee for late payments

The setup and reactivation fees are a joke for a VPS system where everything is automated, whilst I have seen this level of setup fees for a dedicated server, I have never seen it for a VPS. As for the re-activation fee, again, this is an automated VPS provisioning system, so why consciously penalise your customers.

I was looking for a VPS in Russia, Contabo's Google advert specifically stated "Russian VPS" and so I ordered one without checking the details ( I know, my mistake). As soon as I was allocated an IP I realised my mistake and contacted their support department to request either a Russian IP or a refund and of course got neither, just an arrogant response stating it was my fault.

In Russia, I am currently using:
    NQHost - no issues
    Hostkey - slow support, but otherwise fine

and in Germany, I use Hostzealot and have never had a problem with them.

Lightbulb

Hello,

Everyone is free to choose its hosting provider of its choice and every hosting provider is free to define its company strategy.

This is our strategy on the hosting market and we kindly ask to respect our company philosophy. If one doesn't agree with that he/she is free to go with another provider.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Contabo-K

I'm a Contabo customer since 2009, My overall experience has been extremely positive. Server hardware Uptime 100%. Only 2 or 3 Downtime, I've had my share of poor experiences with other datacenters and I have to say, I am extremely impressed with Contabo especially their support staff. I have 2 servers (Dedicated for my company and VPS for personal use)

Contabo, you can check it: my dedicated server customer ID: 5407 and my personal account VPS Customer ID: 11973

Thanks for the great service throughout the years!

Quote Originally Posted by bulls View Post
    I'm a Contabo customer since 2009, My overall experience has been extremely positive. Server hardware Uptime 100%. Only 2 or 3 Downtime, I've had my share of poor experiences with other datacenters and I have to say, I am extremely impressed with Contabo especially their support staff. I have 2 servers (Dedicated for my company and VPS for personal use)

Contabo, you can check it: my dedicated server customer ID: 5407 and my personal account VPS Customer ID: 11973

Thanks for the great service throughout the years!
    Hello bulls,
    we are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our services.
    Thank you for your positive review here on WHT.

Best Regards,
    Contabo-K

How about proving it to moderators?

You can use http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=8786987 to verify it

I've submitted domains for verification.
    Thx

I've submitted domains for verification.
    Thx
    Thank you very much, bulls. It's every time the same, just good reviews of "new members" are doubted. New members who write bad reviews are believed from the beginning.

I've been thinking of getting Contabo soon. I went to weloveservers.net, but Wine couldn't run more than 3 instances of an application called Blockland.exe without crashing the system. I then went to WideVPS and ordered their W8 plan on Wednesday, but it still hasn't been set up and customer support is unresponsive.

So now I'm thinking of going to Contabo and getting either their VPS M or VPS L plan. Based on the benchmarks, I'm not very happy about the CPU power. But they seem to be one of the only cheap Windows providers. Should I go with Contabo?

Quote Originally Posted by hammereditor View Post
    I've been thinking of getting Contabo soon. I went to weloveservers.net, but Wine couldn't run more than 3 instances of an application called Blockland.exe without crashing the system.
    Hammereditor, this is Chris from WeLoveServers.net.

Were you able to find out why it was crashing the system, was it because of your system running out of resources? How much RAM did your server with us have? I am positive that it was most likely due to RAM and if that is the case then the same would have happened with any other provider. I say this because Wine emulating Windows Applications can be a memory hog, not to mention Wine being unstable to begin with.

Im more than happy to add some vSwap ram to your VPS at no charge to see if that would resolve the issue with Wine and hopefully help it run more smoothly, my email is c.boswell@weloveservers.net I look forward to hearing from you.
    I'm from WeLoveServers, where quality meets affordability.