Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Options in West Coast

Hello all,

We are looking for options to expand on West Coast, preferrably Los Angeles.

We have been looking at Quadranet upon their stellar reviews throughout WHT, but want to know what are our options other than them.

We need half cab/full cab to start with, good (but not insanely expensive) remote hand pricing and a great mix of quality network on their ASN.

All advise are welcome! Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. Chris@Quadranet if you looked at this thread, please reply to my PM/email, it's already 2 weeks and we haven't heard anything from you.
    -

The One Wilshire building (624 S. Grand Ave) is the "center of the universe" when it comes to LA.

http://bpastudio.csudh.edu/fac/lpres...hire/index.htm

530 W. 6th St. , 600 W. 7th St. , 650 S. Grand and 818 W. 7th Street also house a variety of providers, big and small. You can find a list of some of these providers here:

http://www.datacentermap.com/usa/cal...a/los-angeles/

It's not in LA, but we have been working with NetRiver since the end of 2008, and still expanding. They have recently upgraded the facility a lot. Check them out.

There is nice space available at digital realty trust 720 2nd Street Oakland location

AFAIK They don't provide single cabs directly, but you can get $850 full cabinets and $500 half cabinets from one colocation providers there.

We use Unwired AS32354 there, they have redundant multihomed IP and free remote hands, and are carrier neutral if you want to use someone else for IP. sales@unwiredltd.com

check out www.uscolo.com

you should tour some of the facilities in LA..
    Providing World-Class Unnecessary Comments Since Birth.

you won't go wrong with corporate colocation in LA, contact victor for faster quote. We use them for over a year and happy with them. They are also on 530 W. 6th St
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Big thanks for all the advises guys!

We use Unwired AS32354 there, they have redundant multihomed IP and free remote hands, and are carrier neutral if you want to use someone else for IP
    Tried pingtest and traceroute on their network from some ends in Asia, including CH, SG, ID, AU and IN. Their networks doesn't seem to be that good compared to other tests we've done on other providers in LA.

you should tour some of the facilities in LA..
    Agree, but we are on a strict time table here and I personally wouldn't be able to go to LA within the next 2 months. Should've went there upon Christmas while I had the chance

I'm now looking at these 3 companies:

- uscolo.com
    - corporatecolocation.com
    - quadranet.com

Quick question, has anyone had experience with stormcolo.com?

Hi Roel, do you have an IP for testing on corporate colocation?

2nd note, I notice that CorporateColocation.com (without www) still redirecting to interworx default page.
    -

Hi,

I have PM'ed you IP so you can check, corpo colo is a very neat DC, here's one of the old photo when we are setting up our gear to give you idea.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Hope this helps.
    Roel
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by BoxIntense View Post
    Big thanks for all the advises guys!

Tried pingtest and traceroute on their network from some ends in Asia, including CH, SG, ID, AU and IN. Their networks doesn't seem to be that good compared to other tests we've done on other providers in LA.

Agree, but we are on a strict time table here and I personally wouldn't be able to go to LA within the next 2 months. Should've went there upon Christmas while I had the chance

I'm now looking at these 3 companies:

- uscolo.com
    - corporatecolocation.com
    - quadranet.com

Quick question, has anyone had experience with stormcolo.com?

Hi Roel, do you have an IP for testing on corporate colocation?

2nd note, I notice that CorporateColocation.com (without www) still redirecting to interworx default page.
    Definitely take a look at USColo, Haji is great to work with and will give you very competitive pricing..
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect on the company's views unless otherwise stated.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    Hi,

I have PM'ed you IP so you can check, corpo colo is a very neat DC, here's one of the old photo when we are setting up our gear to give you idea.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Hope this helps.
    Roel
    Thanks a bunch Roel! What about support & remote hand qualities on corporate colo, are they good?
    -

P.S. Chris@Quadranet if you looked at this thread, please reply to my PM/email, it's already 2 weeks and we haven't heard anything from you.
    2 weeks and still didn't reply to you?

I just saw him online a while ago.

It doesn't take 2 days either for him to reply.

Where did you send it? sales@ ?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    2 weeks and still didn't reply to you?

I just saw him online a while ago.

It doesn't take 2 days either for him to reply.

Where did you send it? sales@ ?
    I've received a reply from Chris yesterday. Seems like he's out of town for quite a while. I initially sent it to chris@, but after waiting for a weeks I re-sent to to sales@, and cc-ed to chris@.
    -

I've received a reply from Chris yesterday. Seems like he's out of town for quite a while. I initially sent it to chris@, but after waiting for a weeks I re-sent to to sales@, and cc-ed to chris@.
    He usually reply within a day but it seems he is out of town and your only option is sales@ . Someone will reply you from sales.

I recommend Quadranet. You can't go wrong with them when it comes to Network and Support.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by AvanteHosting View Post
    Definitely take a look at USColo, Haji is great to work with and will give you very competitive pricing..
    Thanks, email sent to their sales team as well. What do you think of their support & remote hand qualities? If you have an IP address for us to do ping and traceroute test, it would be very helpful!

Thanks again for all the helps.
    -

Thanks a bunch Roel! What about support & remote hand qualities on corporate colo, are they good?
    We colo with other datacenters in the US as well and i can say their support is just on par with others, remote hand support quality is vital to us because we are NZ based. Corpo colo i can say is a hidden gem in LA very good price with quality service, i suggest evaluate all of them though and go with best that will meet your needs. Check Colo@ and WebNX as well.

For outside LA, I highly recommend Phoenix Nap.
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Thanks, email sent to their sales team as well. What do you think of their support & remote hand qualities? If you have an IP address for us to do ping and traceroute test, it would be very helpful!

Thanks again for all the helps.
    I have not personally used them, but I know quite a few people who have and I've heard nothing negative.. I have a close personal friend who has known Haji(The owner) for 10+ years and he knows what he's doing.
    http://bgp.he.net/AS32743

Even competitors say he's good!
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect on the company's views unless otherwise stated.

He usually reply within a day but it seems he is out of town and your only option is sales@ . Someone will reply you from sales.

I recommend Quadranet. You can't go wrong with them when it comes to Network and Support.
    Since yesterday, I've been having quite some conversation with him on email, so for now it's all good!

Chris has been giving me advises on our colocation setup as well, he seems to be a top-notch guy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    We colo with other datacenters in the US as well and i can say their support is just on par with others, remote hand support quality is vital to us because we are NZ based. Corpo colo i can say is a hidden gem in LA very good price with quality service, i suggest evaluate all of them though and go with best that will meet your needs. Check Colo@ and WebNX as well.

For outside LA, I highly recommend Phoenix Nap.
    We've already checked colo@ and get in contact with their sales rep.

WebNX is crossed from our list due to being crazy expensive, $2200/mo for full cab.

So far we are leaning towards corporatecolo (still waiting for their quotes) or quadranet.
    -

you won't go wrong with either of them, i heard a lot of good things about Quadra too and once considered them but we ended up with Corporate colo so far i can say no regrets.
    www.quickweb.co.nz

I highly recommend U.S. Colo. I've toured nearly all the datacenters here in LA, and I can tell you that Haji runs a tight ship. We've been there for quite some time now and had an amazing experience. Tickets are answered promptly, and someone from USColo is physically there 24/7.
    Sam Jadali | Host Duplex
    sam.jadali [@] hostduplex.com
    Premium Shared, Reseller, & XenServer VPS Web Hosting
    Chicago, IL & Los Angeles, CA | http://www.hostduplex.com

Does anyone have experience with USColo in Seattle?
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

Guys, just want to report back that initial pre-sales enquiry from both USColo and CorporateColo has been replied (just within the hour), and Victor from CorporateColo has been giving us a very detailed explanation (despite being midnight right there in LA), fully transparent answer for every questions we had.

You are right Roel, we are going to have a hard time deciding between quadranet and corporatecolo.
    -

Guys, just want to report back that initial pre-sales enquiry from both USColo and CorporateColo has been replied (just within the hour), and Victor from CorporateColo has been giving us a very detailed explanation (despite being midnight right there in LA), fully transparent answer for every questions we had.

You are right Roel, we are going to have a hard time deciding between quadranet and corporatecolo.

Does corporatecolo has asia optimized ip? Because this is most of the time the difference with Quadra. Q has asia optimized ip and this is what I am after.

Specially 4 U

And is it true that corporatecolo is only available in the facility every 5-6PM? No 24/7 in the facility?

Check http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1235728

Specially 4 U

Does corporatecolo has asia optimized ip? Because this is most of the time the difference with Quadra. Q has asia optimized ip and this is what I am after.
    No. They are largely HE, which is slow in most places. The rest is nLayer / Telia. nLayer would help somewhat to Asia, but not China.
    Hyperconnezion - your fast path to success
    IT management, Cloud and Data Center Services in Asia Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by concerto49 View Post
    No. They are largely HE, which is slow in most places. The rest is nLayer / Telia. nLayer would help somewhat to Asia, but not China.
    Typically we find that we see better overall routes to asia via Cogent and TiNET as compared to Abovenet, nLayer, and HE Peering that we have in our mix in LA.

nLayer and Abovenet tend to have more frequent peering/port saturation issues, particularly with the Chinese carriers. I don't think it's specifically nLayer's issue but rather upstream on the Chinese side that is saturating at handoffs prior to nlayer.

We've seen a vast improvement in routes and less frequent loss to the asian markets since we shifted to an FCP-Optimized network in LA as it was very troublesome to attempt to manually manage the constant overloaded peering handoffs between the major asian and american carriers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast