Web Host Company For Sale - Est. Annual Income: $10528.26

Due to personal family reasons that have recently risen in the past couple of months, I am going to have to sell my web hosting business. I have been on the fence only because I really do not want to sell, but my family needs my focus at the moment which does not give any time to invest in my business anymore, which is not fair to my current clients.

We have been in the business now for over 5 years and a good portion of the clients have been with us for that long. We have both PayPal and credit card (through a merchant account) paying customers. All of our servers are running cPanel/WHM and most of our clients are cPanel clients. We do have one that is a Teamspeak client and two that are WHMSonic Shoutcast clients.

I will try to place all of the information in this post as I can. For any other information please contact me at the following email address for NDA and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I am putting together a confidential information packet that will have screenshots of all of the servers' WHMs along with all screenshots needed of WHMCS and also some diagrams of how the servers are configured.

Please direct all inquiries to webhost2916@yahoo.com with general questions or for an NDA.

Income Summary

Monthly: $431.63 (29)
    Quarterly: $58.44 (5)
    Semi-Annually: $608.88 (23)
    Annually: $3849.66 (213)
    Biennially: $95.04 (1)
    Est. Annual Income: $10528.26

Shared Hosting Clients (cPanel): 92 (2 accounts are for WHMShoutcast for $19.00 per month)
    Reseller Hosting Clients (cPanel/WHM): 9
    Dedicated Server Clients (running cPanel): 1
    Domain Name Registration: 167
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Supporting Docs

Monthly Income 2008 | Monthly Income 2009

2008 Monthly Signups | 2009 Monthly Signups

Current Expenses

Burstnet Half Rack with 10mbps (to include 6 cPanel with Fantastico Licenses: $657.35

Client’s dedicated server from Burstnet: $106.16 (can be absorbed if transferred to your own server).

Domain Name Registration: 167 (roughly $1327.00 to enom per year)

Total: $874.13 per month (including Enom)

There is also R1soft that we pay $182.00 (for 36 months…18 months already paid) for up to 25 server agents and MySQL agents, but this is offset from private web design jobs that I do in the local area).

Also in the process of moving dedicated server client to our server which will reduce expense by $130 per month.

Included Assets

.com, .net, and .org domain names of the company - all three has been registered since 2004

The website and all of its content.

WHMCS which is integrated into the website along with the license.

A WHMSonic lifetime license for 1 server.

Live Help software by Stardevelop

A $7.95 Enom reseller account (currently has $80 in the account)

9 servers (2 dns servers running DNSOnly, 6 are running cPanel/WHM and the last one I have R1Soft running on it). All servers are collocated at Burst.net in a half rack. The half rack to include the cPanel licenses is 763.51 per month. This also includes the price of the dedicated server that was resold to a client and that we manage. (In the process of moving the client to one of our empty server which will take $106 off of the $763 per month bill from Burstnet).

1 Cisco WS-C2960-24TT-L 24/100 switch

1 8 port APC remote reboot console

Server Specs

2 1U Dual Xeons 3.2Ghz with 4GB RAM and 5 500GB hard drives running RAID 5

3 1U Dual Xeons 3.2Ghz with 2GB RAM and 2 120GB Hard drives running RAID 1

2 1U P4 servers with 1GB RAM and 1 80GB hard drive (DNS Servers)

1 1U Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 3GB RAM and 2 160GB SATA Hard Drive
    1 1U Intel Dual Core with 1GB RAM and 1.50 TB disk space running RAID 5 (This is the backup server. I will have to verify this and will update this post if different from what was quoted here).

Plan Structure

We currently have 3 shared web hosting plans The following are all in GB (disk space/BW):

6GB/60 GB, 12 GB /120 GB, 24 GB /240 GB

We currently have 3 reseller web hosting plans the following are all in GB (disk space/BW):

3 GB/60GB, 15GB/120GB, 30GB/240GB

Keep in mind we did have a few plan changes over the years so some clients stayed on some of the old plans but nothing over the amounts listed above as for disk space and bandwidth.

I am also willing to stay on to help with the transition for up to 60 days after the sale to and to give the clients a familiar face/voice if needed.

The website has not been advertised much except for the postings in the forums and the occasional PPCs due to lack of time.

I am asking for $17,500.00 for the entire business (everything listed in this post) or best offer.

I will only accept payment via escrow.com and fees will be split between the buyer and seller.

Please note this is not an auction. I would like to finalize the sale within 2 weeks or sooner if possible.

I am also willing to entertain offers for those who do not need the equipment depending on the offer. Low ball offers will be ignored. You must be a WHT user with a good reputation.

I have been offered by a fellow colleague $18,000.00 for the entire business, but unfortunately he will not be able to come up with the money until October and I would rather finalize this much sooner due to my current family circumstances.

Please direct all inquiries to webhost2916@yahoo.com

I will only entertain serious inquiries.

Info Packet Completed

All requested NDAs were mailed out as requested. Please note I have finished the info packet which should answer all of your questions and emailed it out to those that I have already received an NDA on.

Also to answer the question for those that have been asking via email, yes, I am willing to sell just the client base and website, I just won't break up the clientbase (except for the one teamspeak client for those that can't support him).

If interested just make me an offer. I would like to get all offers in before next week and will be taking the best one. Again as I said earlier, everything is negotiable.

Has this been sold?

Thanks

Chang

No, not yet...still accepting offers.

Income:
    $10528.26/year

Expendature:
    $10489.56/year ($874.13/month * 12)

If my calculations are right, your business is generating profits of an estimated $38.70/year or ~$3.23/month. Is this right?

Michael

are you willing to sell clients?

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhxsizzle View Post
    are you willing to sell clients?
    Yes, I am willing to sell the client base, and the colo will be paid through the month of May which gives you 30 days to move the clients which should be plenty of time. I will also give the use of the domain name and website during that time until you transition them if you do not wish to purchase the website and domain name.

I will be going through offers tomorrow for either the entire company or just the clients.

I have received quite a few offers but nothing firm. So to speed things up due to my limited time in order to sell the company to someone that can put the time in, I have decided to auction off all but the equipment. That would include the client base, WHMCS license, enom reseller account along with the domain names, WHMSonic lifetime license for the two shoutcast clients, and company domain names and website.

I will be posting the auction in a new thread with some updated info and everything that will be included in the auction. The thread should be online within one hour and will last until Friday evening. Please posts all bids in that thread. I will update here once the auction is live.

I have sent you a prviate message.

Are you willing to sell the WHMSonic License, Live Support License and Monthly Clients only?

Are you willing to sell the servers seperately?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin LD View Post
    I have sent you a prviate message.

Are you willing to sell the WHMSonic License, Live Support License and Monthly Clients only?

Are you willing to sell the servers seperately?
    I am not looking to split up the clients only becuase they would all need to be gone before the colo payment is up....especially if I no longer have the monthly clients.

Quote Originally Posted by webhost2916 View Post
    I am not looking to split up the clients only becuase they would all need to be gone before the colo payment is up....especially if I no longer have the monthly clients.
    Please send me a private message.

Please send me a email or PM as Im interested in speaking to you and making an offer before it goes up for auction.
    Webby Enterprises LLC - AS63031
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated and Colo from Sunny Central Florida
    In the business since 1997!
    http://www.webbytech.net

Email and pm sent.

Good luck selling it ;-)

Just to update all that are interested, I have accepted an offer for the client base, enom account, domain names, and website. I will update once the deal has been completed.

Sale Underway to Webtech

Update: The company is in the process of being sold to webtech. The enom account, domain names, client base and root access to the servers has been given to him and he has deposited the money and is currently sitting in escrow. He has also just started the migration of accounts to his servers.

Once the sale has been completed I will post here. Also at that time anyone still interested in the equipment and or colo, it is still available. And I will post it for sale once the sale with webtech is finalized. The price I am paying for the half rack is $499.95 per month (not including cpanel licenses) for those thinking of buying the equipment and leaving it at Burstnet.

Sale Completed to Webtech - Review

I just completed the sale of the client base, enom account and domain names to Josh at Webby Technologies (aka webtech) and am currently waiting for escrow.com to send the funds to my account which should be tomorrow (1 business day). I must say I was very happy with both the way webtech handled the takeover of the business and his professionalism.

As soon as the offer was accepted webtech deposited the money and once he received all of the usernames and password info needed, took control immediately at informing all of the clients of what was going to happen. He also took immediate control of the helpdesk which left me free to finalize and organize the info needed to give to him for the sale. Within 4 days he migrated all accounts from the servers and all clients sites are now operating from his servers.

If there is anyone that plans to sell there company or client base, I highly recommend Josh at Webby Technologies.

Thanks webtech!

Is the WHM Sonic License or Live Support Software still avaliable?

Servers still avaliable or no?

Yes, I will be placing a post out later tonight for the equipment and which licenses will be available for purchase.

The servers are still at the colo and may try to sell it as a whole first while they are at the DC. I will update more tonight.

Message me on MSN or add me. We spoke before.

I have just posted the equipment up for sale last night for those that were interested. I want to try and sell it off as a whole while its at the DC first, if no takers by Wednesday, I will pick it up from the DC and sell it off individually at a later date.

Justin, I haven't had time to message you yet....I will do it tonight when I get to PA through MSN...still have you in my contacts...

Could you mention how much did the sale go through for?
    cPanel/WHM, Ruby On Rails, Remote Backups, Fantastico, RVSiteBuilder and much more!
    Visit our forums at http://www.oxyhosts.com/forums

Thread Can Be Closed

This thread can now be closed and the temporary username disabled since the sale is now completed.

Thanks again WHT!