Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Download Movies ? NO PEER TO PEER

Anyone knows somewhere to download movies NON PEER TO PEER and non rip off websites that promise and gets u to download kazaa like after your subscribe
    Paid is ok , doesnt matter
    Am in the middle of africa and lots of free time NOTHING to do , and waiting stupid dvds to arrive everytime i order takes 1-2 weeks to watch few movies then i have to order again .
    I have a fine connection speed here , just wish to find somewhere i can download movies other than PEER TO PEER or torrent files which is worse than peer to peer because they exhaust the upload as well.
    Ideas ?
    Ofcourse new movies cannot be available unless illegally ripped off and put on peer to peer network so considering the paid option i surely know it will be bit older movies
    ( anything where i am i will appreciate to *do time* here )
    POINTLeb Hosting Lebanese Hosting for the Middle East
    The fact that no one understands you , does not make you an artist
    Mo Ghaoui's Personal Blog

You could try Movieflix.com
    Matthew Josten

iLearnHTML - HTML Tutorial

unfortunatly ive been through the whole site already .
    Easynews.com does offer a service i like(D) but after you purchase some downloads are great , some are just corrupted , they do offer a return on used downloads after usage if corruption was there but its lame to keep emailing each single day this was broke and this was wasted .
    Like i downloaded a 1GB movie 4 times to get the last one working winrar file !
    Am bored , i want movies , ?!!!!1

Movielink.com

www.Cinemanow.com is decent and they carry a pretty good selection of films. I could be wrong but I think it's another one of Microsoft's ventures. Also: they don't allow you to download the films but rather you stream them so that you don't pirate them etc. Edit: I think the only other one that hasn't been mentioned is www.movielink.com. I've tried out CinemaNow once and it was a decent service.
    Last edited by varg; 01-06-2005 at 11:30 PM.

I'm pretty sure movieflix is the only MPAA approved* way to get movies, legally - so you may just have to bare with it and use them.

As for the others commenting on Lebanon's English: Get a life. Not everyone on this forum speaks English, and in case you haven't noticed - English is one of the more difficult languages to learn.
    (If you need proof: Find another language that has spelling bee's (You won't))

Not to mention the fact that learning a language is hard work - and takes a very long time, unless you can completely immerse yourself and have someone take time to correct you, when you use improper grammar, spelling, or punctuation.

* You may want to check out http://www.mpaa.org/home.htm for more information; I haven't had a chance to look through their site, but I'm positive they'll have links to sites they've approved for online downloads.

Have you or anybody else tried

http://www.ultimatemoviedownload.com...evshare=Google

I have no idea what their like but had seen the site once or twice and keep meaning to give it a try.

As for the guy criticizing the Authors English. "Who died and made you headmaster"?

For some strange reason the following saying has popped into my head, can't imagine why.

*Keep silent and people will think your ignorant.
    *Speak and everybody will know your ignorant.

Bored ay. With all those lovely African ladies everywhere who could possibly be bored.

Doc

PS .. Had to edit it as I kept getting there and thier mixed up, their was over there.
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 01-07-2005 at 07:31 AM.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

how about paying for priority delivery service?
    CDHouse.Biz
    Cheap Linux, FreeBSD, OpenOffice CDs

Re: Download Movies ? NO PEER TO PEER

Originally posted by Lebanon
    Anyone knows somewhere to download movies NON PEER TO PEER
    Here is the thing, peer to peer works if you set it up correctly. I'm not talking about Kazaa but about BitTorrent here.

However, downloading a movie from BitTorrent or some other P2P network will probably be illegal.

Are there services that let you legally download movies? Not at the moment. That might change in the future however.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Re: Re: Download Movies ? NO PEER TO PEER

Originally posted by websterworld

Are there services that let you legally download movies? Not at the moment. That might change in the future however.
    Movielink.com let's you download movies, cinemanow.com usually streams the movie but has some you can download as well. There are a few other companies that are already in Beta or will begin launching their service soon. Movielink is only available to the US currently.

Another type of service is Starz Ticket via Real. They offer a selection of movies currently running on the Starz networks for download to your computer. They do not include first run movies like part of the selection on movielink or cinemanow, but it is also just a monthly fee rather than a cost for each movie. It has a list of restrictions/requirements:

U.S. resident using a U.S.-based IP address
    - Broadband connection with a download speed of 600 kilobytes per second or higher
    - RealPlayer 10
    - Windows 98SE or later
    - 1 gigabyte of available hard drive space (3 gigabytes recommended)
    - 1.0 GHz processing speed

MovieLink :Thanks for your interest in Movielink, the leading source for movies delivered directly over the internet. We want you to enjoy our powerful movie download experience, but it is presently unavailable to users outside of the United States.

Obviously it detects IP , so even if i use a proxy later on it will ask me for a USA billing , which i dont have , so also not usefull to me.

Though its weird why would they restrict the service ? I bet overseas customers would be much more than USA citizen who can just pick up the DVD !

Originally posted by Lebanon
    Though its weird why would they restrict the service ? I bet overseas customers would be much more than USA citizen who can just pick up the DVD !
    It is probably a restriction placed by the movie studios involved to protect their interests. Copyright law varies by country and it is more difficult for them to enforce the copyright restrictions outside the US.

your right Matt , so i guess there is no other solution but buying the dvds and waiting the shipment .
    Or just back to peer to peer and easynew.com !

These days legal downloads are not an option because you pay big bucks for low quality stuff. If you want to keep it legal it's best to buy the movies on DVDR or otherwise download them using FTP(which is illegal)

Have you tried using News Groups?....if your on a dsl/cable connection anyways.

Anyone know any free one ?
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

check out cinemanow.com - when ordering use the coupon code "99thanks" and you will get the new release movies for $0.99

Originally posted by pstation
    check out cinemanow.com - when ordering use the coupon code "99thanks" and you will get the new release movies for $0.99
    Had a quick look and most seem to be "pay per view" there was a few that were "download to own" however they are a little bit expensive tosay the least.

$14.99 for DOWNLOAD TO OWN access of MICHAEL WINSLOW: COMEDY SOUND SLAPDOWN!

Can buy the origan cheaper at the video store, not that they would have that particular unknown third rate movie.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

here is an update after researching and listening to advices posted here .
    First , movielink.com sounds the best option for US IPs , cinemanow and movieflix stream videos which is not likely anyway , for 5$ or even 1$ i think someone will just download illegaly by kazaa and have a better picture view , the rest of websites that states 100% legal movies are 100% illegal actually because they send you to a download link of a bittorrent file or a peer to peer software
    TheDoctor , the website you stated is exactly one of those ripping websites .
    So conclusion : for free but illegal downloads there is nothing but peer to peer
    Paid options : which i was looking for , are available in USA which is funny because its easy to pick up the DVD for a little more and at least you keep it , or you could rend the DVD for same price instead of watching it on your PC .
    International customers , like myself , dont have any other LEGAL option except buying the DVD itself .

If someone found another option or solution i am sure i will be glad and hundreds of other international customers as well

Lebanon here is another one, not sure if you have tried this yet ..
    http://www.internetdownloads.org/

It does seem a little different to the others.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

Not an answer but just a fix: Just because they offer .torrents, does not mean they're illegal: BitTorrent was created as a cheap-way for companies to offer large downloads, and save bandwidth - not as an illegal file sharing network.

Doc: I am 95% sure that http://www.internetdownloads.org/ is 100% illegal (Theres no way they could get permission from every recording industry, MPAA, and all game Publishers - to do this... There have been MANY warez sites that say they are 100% legal, but are just the opposite)

internetdownloads.org is just a mirror of downloadshiels.com which is also a mirror
    I fell for the description before , when you register you will only get a page where few torrents are listed for download WHICH ARE NOT EVEN ONLINE
    WHich goes again as many other websites to link :
    http://www.onemovieplace.com/restricted/ < this is what they are selling just TORRENT files which are originally public and free.

Just a tip , http://mp3.about.com/od/buymp3music/a/scamsites.htm
    This helps especially for those who cant figure it out themselves.

Ok here is update for your listed websites thedoctor
    both will give you torrents which they dont even OWN !
    The torrents they give you link to www.larz2k.com < which needs registration itself but free as i read .
    Can you believe those scam websites ! They rip pple and after they do they dont even bother to really hosta file !

If you download from a source that says they are 100% legal, and you don't know they are illegal, can you be held responsible?

Originally posted by cjhostingnet
    If you download from a source that says they are 100% legal, and you don't know they are illegal, can you be held responsible?
    Only if your court, or should that be caught, either way if your caught you will end up in court.

* "God Helps those that help themselves"
    ** "Christ help anybody caught helping themselves"

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast