layered tech, +7 days waiting for server

4/27: received invoice email
    4/28: received "invoice was processed & approved" email

5/5(today): still no server. sent yet another email to support ~1.5 hours ago and have not recieved an update/reply yet ..

was told on tues that they were putting a "rush" on our server and i could expect to recieve login/IP info. nothing

their "within 24-72hours" server deployed policy is simply not true. it's misleading and creates unrealistic expectations for their new clients(ME)

i'm starting the search for alternatives again. this is disappointing and highly irritating.

sigh
      0 Not allowed!

The 24-72 hour is not a guarantee but a general deployment schedule I have never had a machine go over 72 hours on setup with LT personally; however, I can understand your frustration.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com
      0 Not allowed!

Send an email to "Sales" not "Support"

Email: sales@layeredtech.com
    Jumpto Media | Your Technology Experts!
    ■ Experts in setting up, configuring, securing, and managing Linux & Windows servers.
    ■ Experts with almost all control panels, scripts, apps, and softwares.
    ■ Experts Guaranteed Work.
      0 Not allowed!

Odds are LT is incredibly busy at the moment. with their *recent* special they were backlogged. Their deals were selling like hotcakes, so they might be ordering extra parts, etc.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.
      0 Not allowed!

One and a half hours isn't enough. You've waited a week....allow them a few more hours
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting
      0 Not allowed!

i understand what you guys are saying .. but during the discovery process as to what we get etc i spoke to 2 different sales guys on 2 different occasions (both extremely friendly and informative btw). both told me within 72hours for deployment when i asked for clarification.

so i purchased expecting said time frame to be realistic and within their capabilities

if you tell a client "X" and dont deliver, you either
    a) loose said client, or
    b) apologize and throw in something free to assuage said client in hopes of retention

it's pretty straightforward imo .. god knows we've lost clients b/c we failed to completely deliver on contracts or at times had to swallow costs to make deadlines.

if they told me that 1week is more realistic i would've had different expectations.

on day 4(tues) i called both the multiple sales & support lines, left 2 voicemails and received no call backs. ??? i then tried email. i did email sales/billing originally but all replies came back as support@layeredtech.com

it's like 24hour fitness .. they're not open 24/7. some locations only open till 2am or so on certain dates. but if you were mislead during the contract signing .. you'd be pretty suprised/annoyed when, one sleepless night, showing up around 4am you find their doors locked and lights off. (no, this is not from personal experience)

i'm loosing faith in lt .. and i'm now concerned when sometime in the future we do require hands-on and they cant deliver. eg: drive failure & replacement/re-imaging. iirc... i was told 2hours for something like that.

bleh
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by [inx]Olly
    One and a half hours isn't enough. You've waited a week....allow them a few more hours
    well .. it's friday night, i have my blackberry .. we'll see how long till i get a response. =/
      0 Not allowed!

woohoo! .. it's up. =b

thanks to andrew over @ lt .. apparently it was up the day before but i didnt get notice due to an email discrepancy (our fault). very helpful. traded emails back and forth the entire night of friday.
      0 Not allowed!

Glad to here the good news
    Quote Originally Posted by mujomojo
    woohoo! .. it's up. =b

thanks to andrew over @ lt .. apparently it was up the day before but i didnt get notice due to an email discrepancy (our fault). very helpful. traded emails back and forth the entire night of friday.
    ========================
    ========================
      0 Not allowed!

Great news.

Now can we [/thread]
      0 Not allowed!