Fresh Virtualmin Install, php problems

I did a fresh install of virtualmin on an Ubuntu 8.04_64 system and when I check my configuration of virtualmin post install I get the following:

The Suexec command on your system is configured to only run scripts under /var/www, but the Virtualmin base directory is /home. CGI and PHP scripts run as domain owners will not be executed.

I tried it on 32 bit and had the same issue, I ran the automated sh install.sh installer

Advice?
    Anthony
    http://www.hostedplanet.com
    Hosting for Everyone
    Shared Hosting and Virtual Private Servers with friendly support

switched to CentOS5, problem solved...
    Anthony
    Hosting for Everyone

Just for reference, in case anyone else runs into this problem (and doesn't think to search the Virtualmin.com forums where it's been discussed a few times), this happens if apache2 has been preinstalled on the system before the install script. I don't know why it doesn't get replaced by apt-get, and I've never been able to figure out how to make it apt-get actually do the right thing, but it is easy to fix.

Simply run:

apt-get update
    apt-get install apache2

At the end of the installation process. "apt-get update" might also do the trick. It should install the version from our repositories (labeled with a "vm" in the version number).

I haven't spent much time trying to work around this, as the way we deal with Apache and suexec on Debian systems has since changed, and doesn't require our custom build anymore. When the next LTS release of Ubuntu is released, it will use this new method. Or, you could get it today by just using Debian 5; Ubuntu doesn't really have any benefits over Debian on the server (and it has a couple of annoying quirks that Debian does not).

Anyway, CentOS 5 is also a great distro for hosting. I'm not suggesting it was a mistake to switch...it is, by far, the most popular distro for virtual hosting (has about 75% of the market, as far as I can tell, based on our user numbers).

Cheers for the info buddy, should come in helpful for my playaround VPS as i've been doing alot of Playing around with different Free CP's and was planning on installing VirtualMin next lol.

- David Scheme

yeah, I gave that a shot but it didn't work.. and I figured I wasn't attached to Ubuntu really so why not give something else a try
    Anthony
    Hosting for Everyone