Will Dell Branded Hard Drives Work Properly in a Standard Server?

I've seen some Dell Fujitsu

I've never had a problem using "branded" drives in generic machines. This goes for HP and Dell drives. I haven't used any SAS drives though, only SCSI.
    The one problem you may run into is that Seagate won't offer you any support or firmware updates for the drives and will refer you to dell if you have any problems.

__________________Ringnebula Systems
    Managed IT solutions for small businessComing soon - the wedding of DirectAdmin + Zimbra + Openfire for the ultimate in hosted small business collaboration

Dell doesn't make their own drives, they buy from the major manufacturers, thus they'll work in anything You can use non-dell-branded drives in dell servers too...

I realize Dell isn't the manufacturer of the drives, just that they are Dell branded drives. For example, Dell Fujitsu drives or Dell Seagate drives - I've read that these branded drives have a special firmware that is non-standard from what Fujitsu and Seagate release. The Dell firmware is my main concern, that it might make the drives operate the incorrect way when used in a non-Dell server.
    Seems prudent to check with those who may know better than I do before I drop some cash on these things.
    The Dell forums seem to concur with the replies here, that there should be no issue with the drives working in other non-dell systems.

A potential problem could be that a particular drive with Dell firmware may have been "tuned" to work with a specific, problematic RAID card, other hardware configurations, BIOS or specific Revisions of any/all of those.
    You should be able to flash whatever firmware you want onto the drives. Worse case is to update the drives with the latest Dell firmware for that particular model.