* AcidHosting.com : opinions please

Dean
    www.AcidHosting.com
    provider of Web Hosting services for the home and medium-size businesses.
    Fast, Affordable, Reliable Web Hosting at low prices.

I really like it. Nice work.

Wow really good work on this site
    I like the colors and the overall fresh effect! Also the logo and templates pages are very good and exhaustive of informations for the costumers.
    The only thing (really a minor one so don't get me wrong) i tried to open the page also in 800x600 (since i am normally on 1024) and i see the bottom part of the blue squares of the plans (home, business, pro) gets clipped... of course it's not that big problem because you can scroll down, but it would be cool if you open the page and you see all the presentation area there, without need to scroll (but i think then you would have to make the title bar and the green area more thin, and i don't know if it would be worth it... dunno, maybe it's great just as it is heheh )
    Knight_

|Webmaster - www.ravagli.com - webmaster@ravagli.com|

Thanks for your comments guys, Knight I think from what you are saying you mean the main plans page? if so then I will be creating a bigger table later on today to hold the info it was a 30 min rush job the other morning and I do have plans on sorting this out, thanks for letting me know though.
    Dean
    www.AcidHosting.com

It's big. A lot of wasted real-estate. The header area is way too big. The green area with the computers and text takes up a lot of space and doesn't need to be on every page. The "Main, Templates, Logos,etc" buttons and your plans images are also quite large. Anyone viewing it at 800x600 resolution will only see the same information come up no matter which page they click (until they scroll down) ... see screenshot. Why require them to scroll down right away on every page (gets really annoying). It also doesn't fit on an 800 wide resolution. To fit in all browsers, should be 760 wide to accomodate for scrollbars and sidebars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot.jpg  
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

Very nice work

Hi AboveCenter, is there a set rule stating headers have to be a certain size?, to be different don`t you agree everyone should run their own creativity rules for a good result? the header does need to be on every page else the feel to the site wouldn`t look right at all, anyone with an oince of sense would scroll to view after clicking away, now if I did what you mention and did away with the header on all pages except main then it wouldn`t look right, I can see where you are coming from and take on any comments but never make out a person viewing ones site wouldn`t know a change as a scroll bar lets them know straight away, thanks for the comments though.

rsmhost ty
    Dean
    www.AcidHosting.com

Originally posted by acidhosting
    Hi AboveCenter, is there a set rule stating headers have to be a certain size?, to be different don`t you agree everyone should run their own creativity rules for a good result? the header does need to be on every page else the feel to the site wouldn`t look right at all, anyone with an oince of sense would scroll to view after clicking away, now if I did what you mention and did away with the header on all pages except main then it wouldn`t look right, I can see where you are coming from and take on any comments but never make out a person viewing ones site wouldn`t know a change as a scroll bar lets them know straight away, thanks for the comments though.
    A little touchy?

I never said it was a "rule", just my opinion, which I thought you were looking for. Everyone has their own right to be creative, I'm just pointing out things that, in general, don't work well for a site. I also didn't say the header shouldn't be on every page, I said the green section with the computers could be left out on the sub-pages. The top blue header with your logo would still be there. That would give uniformity on the other pages but not use up much space. I'm not sure how much the "anyone with an ounce of sence would scroll" really has to do with my comment. Of course people know that if there is a scrollbar that they have to scroll down to get to more information ... my point is why make them scroll in the first place? Just think about this forum. If every page you went to you had to scroll down to get to any of the topics or posts, you would get a little tired of it and wonder why the important stuff isn't at the top? If I am interested in your templates, why is the main information I see right away your hosting packages? I agree that they should be on each page, but toward the bottom or on the side. Give them the information they are looking for right away but tease and entice them with the other areas around it.

If you don't agree with any of my comments, that's fine, it's not skin off my back. I'm just trying to give advice from my own personal experience. What you do with it is up to you.
    Kevin Hauge
    Modern Leaf Design
    http://www.modernleaf.com

First impression: Very eye catching site and I am actious to start naviaging around.

As I start to navigate I become frustrated that I am having to scroll down on every page to see the content. The site is not 800x600 friendly, it is not even 1024x768 friend because I still have to scroll down to see the page content. It was not until I go into 1280x1024 that I am able to see the majority of the page and its content without having to scroll.

I will have to agree a bit with “AboveCenter” about the wasted realestate. Having a large header on the homepage is not breaking any rules in my book but using it consitintly on all sub-pages because frustrating and annoy after awhile. The same flash movie reloads with the same “about us” message with all the flashy lights and pretty effects. Once again I like it and I can tell a lot of work went into it. It captures my attention when I first visit but the same eye catching header becomes my nemmises as I navigate the site.

Take a look at the attached image of two pages used on the same site:

The first one is a homepage while the second is the layout for all the sub-pages. You can tell when you visit this sub-page that you are still looking at the same company. Maybe you can go with a simular approch, shrinking your flash header to an upper corner raising the naviagtion bar up considerably so a visitor does not have to work so hard at what you are trying to present.

I think template monster.com will agree with this idea and if you are going to advertise and resale their templates then you must agree with their designs.

Mac
    Haggis Webmaster
    webmaster@gothaggis.com

Please take a moment to view my thread and review my site:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=122283
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails webpage.jpg  

Not touchy just replying back to you although alittle mixed after reading what I said bk...lol I know what you`re saying and I visit many forums and have to use my mouse wheel alot you know to get to what I`m reading and interested in I mutter but still visit the forums.
    Dean
    www.AcidHosting.com

Originally posted by HaggisHelper
    I think template monster.com will agree with this idea
    Let you in on a little secret, my site is a template bought from monster
    Dean
    www.AcidHosting.com

Originally posted by acidhosting
    Let you in on a little secret, my site is a template bought from monster
    So why are you wanting us to review work of others and not your own?
    Do you have the ability to make the changes that I and the rest of the commenters have expressed?

Mac
    Haggis Webmaster
    webmaster@gothaggis.com

Please take a moment to view my thread and review my site:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=122283

Yes I do, although I have their template I have to do all the work myself, I just get the empty template and then have to work the rest in my own way, I went for their template for the header...lol, but I have to use flash to edit in what I want and then use my skill to put the rest together with what little I got from them. From this thread I might look into some changes though, maybe new popups with plans in them and so on, I`ve been online for many years and in that time helped and created alot of sites for people, the reason I bought a template this time was a treat to myself.
    Dean
    www.AcidHosting.com