Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Does servint offer fantastico deluxe for cPanel? My clients and myself use TONS of scripts in there. I know PowerVPS does, so that may be my decision factor there.

Plus they offer clientexec, which will save some money from my current MB install.
    { inception design // inceptiondesign.com } Toll Free: 1-(800)-521-2870

Originally posted by inception
    Does servint offer fantastico deluxe for cPanel? My clients and myself use TONS of scripts in there. I know PowerVPS does, so that may be my decision factor there.

Plus they offer clientexec, which will save some money from my current MB install.
    Servint does offer Fantastico Deluxe for an extra $12 initial fee. Not sure about clientexec. See the ServInt Order form for more info.

Originally posted by nevf
    Servint does offer Fantastico Deluxe for an extra $12 initial fee.
    one-time fee... initial makes it sound like there are more. $12 one-time, includes install by noc

Originally posted by esh
    one-time fee... initial makes it sound like there are more. $12 one-time, includes install by noc
    I wasn't sure what to say here. The $12 only includes updates for 12 months. So I assume you have to pay if you want to get updates after that.

I wasn't sure what to say here. The $12 only includes updates for 12 months. So I assume you have to pay if you want to get updates after that.
    didn't know that? even so if it is another $10 or $12 after a year, still worth it... very cheap IMO

PowerVPS has forum and also they have great support ticketing. I use PowerVPS since Jan, and they are great.

Originally posted by inogenius
    The forums aren't used for sales, or support...
    Not entirely true. The forums are an EXCELLENT place to get support from all of the incredible ServInt customers and even the staff on non-emergency issues. Personally I'm really glad the forums are private. I don't need any of my customers seeing me post the questions that they just asked me on my forums!

Main support is not in the forum. If you have a major problem, email them or call them. I can't believe how quickly they pick up the phone... even in the middle of the night / morning.

I've been with ServInt for about 10 months and am very impressed.

The fiber cut was unfortunate, but looking back it really helped me feel good about the company I'm with and how they handled the situation.

I'll say this, even with all the problems that do / could happen I don't think I've ever found ANYONE at a host that is as level headed and mature in customer service skills as the owner of ServInt is. He was under a lot of pressure during the fiber cut and seemed cool and calm. Few people would have handled that half as well as he did.

Originally posted by kalpin
    PowerVPS has forum and also they have great support ticketing. I use PowerVPS since Jan, and they are great.
    Good to hear. Can you give us the URL for a site or two you host at PowerVPS.

Originally posted by reviewum.com
    Not entirely true. The forums are an EXCELLENT place to get support from all of the incredible ServInt customers and even the staff on non-emergency issues. Personally I'm really glad the forums are private. I don't need any of my customers seeing me post the questions that they just asked me on my forums!
    That is a very good point. You can have customer only and public areas within your forums though. That is what I do on my http://www.softasitgets.com/forums/ forums.

That is a very good point. You can have customer only and public areas within your forums though. That is what I do on my http://www.softasitgets.com/forums/ forums.
    true but why waste the tech's time having to deal with the public and trolls and everything? I personally don't want servint having to deal with that... email/phone seems better and faster to me.

I gotta get this off my chest... I'm really feeling pain for those people having this issue. How terrible this whole experience must be.

I'm backing up every one of my sites as we speak... ready to download them to my HD, burn to a DVD and send them over to the safe deposit box at the bank!

I love ServInt and actually like the private forums. I'll say this to anybody who feels they need to look inside before they buy... don't worry about it. You'll be pleasantly surprised once you've gained access to the forums. A lot of wonderful and knowledgeable people in there.

Originally posted by richy
    They havent had a problem going from 5 to 75 odd vps servers (when I joined there was 5 or so, Ive seen smv75 god knows how many more there are).
    I'm on SMV77, and I believe I've seen someone with an SMV99.

Originally posted by jasonstx
    Too bad it is registered users only and "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator." when you attempt to register.
    ServInt's forum is only available to their clients. It's a closed, family-like environment. I take it as a plus.

Does anyone know which Data Center PowerVPS use specifically? In other words, the location and name of building or supplier?
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts
    Can Also Be Seen On My Page at TekSalon

The Meatrix: Welcome to the real world

From their site:

Which Tier 1 providers do you get bandwidth from?

We use a multihomed network to:

* nLayer
    * ServerCentral
    * NAC
    * Aleron

Our servers are all colocated in a major datacenter in New Jersey, USA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i believe the datacenter is Equinix, as their sistercompany is hosting their servers there aswell (defenderhosting)
    Last edited by Arno|VDH; 03-28-2005 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks very much.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts
    Can Also Be Seen On My Page at TekSalon

The Meatrix: Welcome to the real world

Originally posted by TWS
    From their site:

i believe the datacenter is Equinix, as their sistercompany is hosting their servers there aswell (defenderhosting)

I just want to correct something, we are no longer in NJ, we are in Equinix Ashburn, San Jose, and Chicago. We moved the nodes out of NJ months ago. I'll make sure the webmaster updates the site if that info is still on there.

Thanks!

no problem

it's now indeed changed

very quick update that was

I've been a ServInt VPS client for a year. I hope to be there for many more.

- ServInt VPS hardware & networking performance is excellent.
    - Support staff are superb; fast responses and knowledgeable answers.
    - ServInt management is visible, and open with the clientele.
    - The forum community is active and helpful. May it forever remain private.

I'm happy.

I have been with PowerVPS for about 6 months and they have been very helpful.

The move from NJ to Equinix data centre was handled really well and they made sure it didn't cause me any problems.

Originally posted by TomK
    I just want to correct something, we are no longer in NJ, we are in Equinix Ashburn, San Jose, and Chicago. We moved the nodes out of NJ months ago. I'll make sure the webmaster updates the site if that info is still on there.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the info Tom.

as soon as i heard about the dinix buyout (jan/feb) i moved in two days.

i had been thru this before and this time wasn't going to have someone else controlling my websites!

i moved to servint.

not only did they have me set up IMMEDIATELY, but their service and support is excellent. i have asked them to do the stupidest of things (that i didn't know how to do) and you know what, they didn't seem to mind.

they act like every ticket i put in (never service related, but me related) is the most important ticket of the day.

they have a variety of payment options, they don't require a credit card and they don't require a pay pal subscription if you pay via pay pal.

Ive never seen them be unprofessional on any forum board and i think they have a good thing going.

i can not speak of power vps, but only because ive never dealt with them
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

I also moved to Servint as soon as the Dinix server move announcement came out. I had one huge account I couldn't get out in time, but have now moved successfully. I am very happy with what I see at Servint... I can continue to grow there.

The only thing slightly disconcerting thing at Servint is that there is no ticket system. I actually like a ticket system, because I can conveniently look back at old tickets to find information, to refer to a past issue when I am talking to a tech, to get an overview of my support pattern when I consider hiring help, etc.

But the response to support email has been great, and they have always answered the support phone on ONE ring. So I am sure I will adapt to no tickets!

The sales process was comfortable... I talked to Jennifer at length without feeling like she was rushing me to the order form. She checked back in with me after the sale.

Servint isn't perfect.; bet PowerVPS isn't, either. I think we would all be setting ourselves up for disappointment if we thought ANY vendor would meet all of our needs all of the time. We all come to the table with different skills and experience. And I am a bit jaded... I have been burnt by several providers I have found on WHT that "everyone" recommended. Anyone remember McHost? Another of my earlier reseller hosts also went down, and now we have the Dinix fiasco. But I did also find some good hosts that stayed the course... Voxtreme and HTTPme, for instance. I hope to add Servint to that list.

The pattern of things that Servint will support is slightly different than other vendors I use, so the weaknesses in my tech skills are very much revealed at Servint. For instance, they will only deal with SSL isuses for certs they sell themselves. No installation assistance or support for other certs. Since I just moved in, I only have certs they *didn't* sell me, so I basically have no SSL support. I am struggling to re-install my certs, lots of mismatch issues, and I will have to hire outside help. I have never had to do that before, but I have never had SSL trouble before. I just generate CSRs, and install the damned things, and they work.

I don't come from a programming or design background, so I learn as I slowly grow from reseller accounts, to VPS, to dedicated servers. I am going to have to make some "giant steps" in learning if I am to grow at Servint.

I have no experinence at all with PowerVPS.

I have exactly the same experience with Dinix,.......... Before they were bought by Webhostplus. Never have to wait more than 10 minutes to get a support ticket answered.

Now nobody answer the support ticket for 6 days.

Originally posted by LaurenStephens.com

i moved to servint.

not only did they have me set up IMMEDIATELY, but their service and support is excellent. i have asked them to do the stupidest of things (that i didn't know how to do) and you know what, they didn't seem to mind.

they act like every ticket i put in (never service related, but me related) is the most important ticket of the day.

Originally posted by tbrant
    I am struggling to re-install my certs, lots of mismatch issues, and I will have to hire outside help.
    Did you try out the forums yet? Lots of knowledgeable people there. I sincerely hope that you don't have to hire an outside help.

Originally posted by tbrant
    I am struggling to re-install my certs, lots of mismatch issues, and I will have to hire outside help. I have never had to do that before, but I have never had SSL trouble before. I just generate CSRs, and install the damned things, and they work.
    Check with the company you got your cert from - I got mine from InstantSSL and not only did their web site help, but I had a question about what to do to move the cert to my new server and their live help was all I needed to answer my question on how to generate a new CSR, send it to them, wait for the new cert and ca.bundle to come back via email, install them and TA DA - it'a all set up just like it was on my old server. If you are stuck, you can PM or email me and I'll try to help - it's confusing every time I do it too, but I always figure it out again.

FYI - I went to ServInt from Dinix also. Still waiting for my Dinix VPS to come back to life so I can get a few things off.

I signed up with ServInt Sunday night and was set up within an hour. I had cPanel backups of all my sites on another server and by 5PM Monday all 30+ were online and viewable, sending and receiving email, etc. So far I am very impressed with the speed of my Servint VPS and the speed and quality of the support at ServInt. VERY IMPRESSED!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast