Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Two sides to each and every story on wht...
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com
      0 Not allowed!

lol

THIS is the "custom" winamp look he later decided he was looking for..

http://forums.winamp.com/images/off.gif

very beautiful, eh?

the bottom line (and i will not debate here with the client any more than i would continue to off of here) is that originally he asked for something CUSTOM that would INTEGRATE with subsilver and this was because he was ONLY changing two icons out of their entire set.

last time i checked, INTEGRATED meant http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=integrate
    it did not mean something completely different that doesnt match.

i warned the client IN ADVANCE of how BAD his request would look due to his "new requirements".

oh well, im done with this subject and i do not debate clients in forums, or anywhere else.

lauren
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by LaurenStephens.com
    lol

http://forums.winamp.com/images/off.gif

very beautiful, eh?

the bottom line (and i will not debate here with the client any more than i would continue to off of here) is that originally he asked for something CUSTOM that would INTEGRATE with subsilver and this was because he was ONLY changing two icons out of their entire set.

last time i checked, INTEGRATED meant http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=integrate

i warned the client IN ADVANCE of how BAD his request would look due to his "new requirements".

oh well, im done with this subject and i do not debate clients in forums, or anywhere else.

lauren
    Link isn't working for me, sorry. Try again?
      0 Not allowed!

[B]lol
    forums.winamp.com/images/off.gif
    very beautiful, eh?
    NO ... the winamp example you received before you started to work!!!! Read your emails!!!

originally he asked for something CUSTOM that would INTEGRATE with subsilver and this was because he was ONLY changing two icons out of their entire set.
    I never said or wrote the word "subsilver", and even so you cannot use the image from subsilver set for commercial purposes.

last time i checked, INTEGRATED meant dictionary.reference.com/search?q=integrate
    Yes, integrated with the site colors I even wrote what colors you should use. You don't need a dictionary for that.

Yes, you worned me that you cannot deliver the icons with the requirements I asked (16x16 pixels) because the logo would be too small. So I wrote you back that you can use the dimmensions you are comfortable with (25x28 pixels).

This is gonna be very good for your bussiness. And that's why you have a dispute on paypal.
      0 Not allowed!

from the client...

Hi Lauren,
    You can start whenever possible, I do not need them on a certain date just to be something that would integrate in the site and be quite unique. If you seen the forums from the winamp site, well that is something similat to what I am looking for ... simple images, not too big, not too many colors.
    Oh ... I hope you will accept paypal for payments!

(as you can see no specific file sizes or colors mentioned)

then after first set was done

Hi,
    I have few comments.
    Is it possible to have the sizes less than 750 bites? I don't mind if the images size is also less than 28x25 maybe ... lets say 80-85% less.
    Will the image for the new messages blinking all the time, because I don't realy know how will it look on the site, if possible make it also not blinking and with a litle more orange.
    Also, maybe you can try to remove the blue circle, I realy want to see how would that look.
    Lastly I realy like your work, hope we'll colaborate more.

then after that i got this...

Hi,
    I decided I want the blue circle plus the gray color inside the circle to be removed and let the icons only with the little logo (the snake on the litle X thing .. sorry if I can't explain exactly). For the icon with no new messages the X thing should be a little gray and for the one with the new messages I would like the X thing to be a little orange.
    I want the icons to look similar the ones from winamp forums: http://forums.winamp.com/ with about 1000 bites the size and the pixels about 16x16.
    I am not worried about changing the size of the images because I do not mind to change the code in the rest of the pages. Also I plan to change the look of the forums possibly the forum program too so I do not intend to match these new icons with the phpbb ones I have now on the site.

and then after that he says...

A correction thought for the last message I sent you. The no new messages icon should have a blue tone to integrate in my site and not a gray one, I'm sorry about this I realise it just now.

ooops, and now something dfifferent yet again

Hi,
    I'm sorry for that, you can leave the initial size but without the circle, I think it will be visible.

and then he didnt like all the revisions so he says

Hi Lauren,
    The images don't look good at all. I guess I will go with the ones you did first

those images were emailed to the paypal addy he used

THEN a full 7 days later he writes me this...

Hi,
    I decided to cancel my order and I hope to get a refund soon.

so yes, i reread the emails. also, you made it clear on phone and email that you wanted it integrated with the board and your logo. then you changed your mind and wanted something that would be completely different in both size, color and shape from the rest of the icons. you wanted something so much smaller that i warned you it would look very bad and it wouldnt match at all.

as far as you making the statement that "this will be very good for my business, i should let you know i have several HUNDRED clients in my portfolio and if anyone wants to refuse to do business with me because of a $40 client who cant make up their mind, wants several revisions at no extra charge and then accepts the work and then days later charges it back, then more power to them!

i dont feel the need to be threatened by your statements.

maybe someone else reading this would like to take you as a client? that would be fine!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!
      0 Not allowed!

those images were emailed to the paypal addy he used
    The images are still watermarked and ... again now they cannot be used unless you hold a licence to use the subsilver images for commercial purposes. That's why about a week later after you do not released the watermarks from the images you got the paypal dispute.

Clear as mud!
      0 Not allowed!

This is a matter best handledoff forum between the two members.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12