Red face Email routing service

Hi all

I am not sure if this is possible, so just checking with all the experts.

I have a VPS with dedicated IP address (normal setup). Recently I was hit by a spammer taking advantage of one of my email account due to an easy password. The spammer managed to send couple of hundred thousand spam emails in the 10 days it used the email account.

Due to this issue most of the major email service providers such as gmail/hotmail/yahoo etc blocked emails from our servers. My IP address was also blacklisted.

I was wondering if there is any such type of service available in the market which I can use as mail routing. I would like to use it to send emails going out of my server.

1. User send email from my hosted app on my VPS
    2. Mail is sent through the hosted mailbox service, using login details or some way of authentcating
    3. The hosted mailbox will then send the email over to the recipient i.e. hotmail/gmail/yahoo etc

Basically I want to avoid getting blocked by these mail providers in the future.

Please help

Kind regards
    Harvinder Singh

MailChimp/Mandrill, SendGrid, MailGun, etc. The list goes on.
    ❄️❄️❄️ HOSTBLIZZARD.COM --- 100% Canadian Hosting Provider ❄️❄️❄️
    • Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud Hosting • VPS Servers • Domain Names
    a division of Sheernox Technology Group

Quote Originally Posted by harvinder View Post
    Basically I want to avoid getting blocked by these mail providers in the future.
    There are other services like this, but this is the only one I am familiar with. I think you want something like this:

https://www.polarismail.com/Relaying/
    Your IT Concierge
    Server Management, Business-class Web Hosting
    Speedy, Secure, Stable Hosting for Developers

Thanks a lot guys.

I have just signed up to mandrill and my emails are working very nicely. It is even able to send my emails directly in the inbox avoiding the spam folder.

Thanks a lot

IronPort can also do outbound filtering as well as inbound.
    That said a properly configured Mod_security setup with CSF ? LFD installed is what you need to prevent remote access to your SMTP server.
    A decent setup should perminantly block anything that enters an incorrect login more then 5 times which prevents a lot of issues. It also saves a lot of time from having to manually go in and block ipss.

Hi Chaddy

Thanks for your comment. Yes I have done that as well and tighten up the controls high. I have also enabled Bogon, Honeypot and one other blacklist in CSF.

And some changes to restrict such actions in the future.

The reason for choosing external mailing delivery is just another safe point for my clients.

I would recommend Mandrill. You can configure Mandrill as Exim smart host to deal with whole server's mail, however domains would have to be individually validated with Mandrill.
    Clouvider Limited; Leading USA & Europe Cloud Hosting Solution Provider
    Web hosting in Cloud | VPS servers in 8 Datacenters with Intel Xeon and AMD Epyc CPUs | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services
    100% Uptime Guarantee | Fully Redundant | 24/7 Technical Support

That's exactly what I have done with Mandrill and it's working great.

Quote Originally Posted by harvinder View Post
    Hi Chaddy

Thanks for your comment. Yes I have done that as well and tighten up the controls high. I have also enabled Bogon, Honeypot and one other blacklist in CSF.

And some changes to restrict such actions in the future.

The reason for choosing external mailing delivery is just another safe point for my clients.
    Yeah IronPort can be setup to run mail externally as well, we now run it through the same network as our servers though, as we use an enterprise grade provider so it was easier to just get them to manage spam filtering as well, its a bugger trying to get hold of some third parties and when clients are going nuts at you because their emails are broken its not ideal.
    CPK Web Services
    Multi Award winning Managed web hosting.
    Find out more. https://www.cpkws.com.au/mhosting.php