* CPanel VPS limitations

Hi, I came across the CPanel VPS licenses in this forum and was wondering what the limitations are (limited sites, db's or what?).

I'm specially interested on how they define a VPS server:
    Let's say I install a CentOS server and add Xen to it. I go then ahead and install just ONE virtual server on this machine which is allowed to use the full harddrive, both processors and all of RAM. Technically I'm running a VPS now, but a very powerful which does exact the same thing a "regular" dedicated server would. Do I still qualify for the CPanel VPS license?

Thank you for some clarification here, don't want to do something wrong/illegal, but obviously get the best deal for my server farm (and Xen would also help in moving servers around between hardware).

Robin

Yes, it still counts as a VPS.

There was another thread about this a while back.

There are no limitations either on DBs or sites.
    -- Adam

VPS will have limitations on the memory usage. If there is adequate burst memory, there will not be much issues.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    VPS will have limitations on the memory usage. If there is adequate burst memory, there will not be much issues.
    Hes talking about using Xen.

Xen doesnt have burst memory
    -- Adam

cPanel itself detects if its on a VPS via a number of methods and its just a cheaper license but that is all. However if you try to use a VPS license on a dedicated it will auto-expire itself as I've done that a few times by accident
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

@a2b2: Thank you for this information, however like I said the dedicated server would be a VPS (one virtual server, hosted on a dedicated machine) and therefore it seems that I meet all requirements.

Maybe I can put 2 Xen Express VPS's on a single IBM blade server with dual Xeon processor and 2 GB RAM, what do you guys think? ..it's still almost a full dedicated server and I could easily host 400-500 accounts that way.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsite View Post
    Maybe I can put 2 Xen Express VPS's on a single IBM blade server with dual Xeon processor and 2 GB RAM, what do you guys think? ..it's still almost a full dedicated server and I could easily host 400-500 accounts that way.
    I dont think this is a very efficient way of doing it.

You lose performance through virtualization and there all also overheads like the node operating system.
    -- Adam