Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So confused

Yeah, my VPS is down with Elicit Servers right now. Been down since this morning. I am getting frustrated and confused.

Does anyone know what is going on??? Their site is down as well, so I cannot manage the VPS at all or even as for support. It would be nice to know what is going on!

I honestly have had awesome support with them over the last year, although I have only had to submit one ticket, which was resolved in a half hour. I would be sad to leave. The only downtime I had was scheduled by them for server upgrades.

WOW, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in this boat! After their last big outage in March I backed everything up, fearing for the wost--it appears it is here!

It looks like CrocWeb is the way to go? I have a current backup from March so if worst comes to worst I will just have to setup and transfer that. Hopefully Elicitservers comes up tonight so I can get a current backup.

Any promos from CrocWeb for the people moving from elicitservers?

There is a promo And it's a good one too.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1144550

After this experience with Elicit I am quite hesitant to do it, but I am a bit of a cheapskate. I am going to go for the 3 year plan and cross my fingers. It is what it is.

I don't see any vps or server hosting on croc. I don't think I will switch to them.

For me, it would just be a pain to switch. DNS settings, mail, vhosts. I have a backup from last night, but still would be a pain. I don't have that much production stuff hosted, so I may wait till they come back up.

I am sure, they come back and tell us the next funny story about any stupid problem...

Quote Originally Posted by tami6699 View Post
    I am sure, they come back and tell us the next funny story about any stupid problem...
    Something must have happened to the owner. I know a few of his accounts on various forums and he hasn't been around in weeks... makes you wonder if it was a 'one man band' or something to that effect. Whatever it is, I at least hope the owner is physically OK.
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

Patrick,
    I would not be around either if I was him. I would be very busy trying to fix the issues the company is plagued with. THat being said, I sure wouldn't want there to be anything wrong with him as well.

He made it sound like he was hiring a crew of new people... I really hope things are going to come back online. 23 hours and counting.

OK, CrocWeb it is, I have already signed up with an account. However, Elicitservers is STILL down (25 hours and counting)

Has anybody heard anything back from them via submitted tickets, etc.?

How could you hear back when their domain is down?

I have signed up with Crocweb already as well. I am switching my current nameservers to them to at least get myself back online to receive email. My clients are hopping and my phone is ringing off the hook. I can't actually afford this problem.

I am seriously praying Elicit comes back online. I just want my files, they can keep the money, just my files please.

if Elicit is reading this PLEASE fix them problem. At the least give us some kind of access to our files! I will give user info to make this happen. I will take anything I can get.

Do I send desperate? haha I am...

Quote Originally Posted by denyed View Post
    How could you hear back when their domain is down?

I have signed up with Crocweb already as well. I am switching my current nameservers to them to at least get myself back online to receive email. My clients are hopping and my phone is ringing off the hook. I can't actually afford this problem.

I am seriously praying Elicit comes back online. I just want my files, they can keep the money, just my files please.

if Elicit is reading this PLEASE fix them problem. At the least give us some kind of access to our files! I will give user info to make this happen. I will take anything I can get.

Do I send desperate? haha I am...
    I had hopped that they had a separate DNS setup for their email, however my ticket bounced back to me after 24 hours this morning

I am in the same situation as you. Luckily I have a backup of most of my sites. Just waiting for them to come back online so I can grab the others and the latest version of my main site.

OK denyed I thought you might be overreacting, however it has been over 36 hours now and no resolution! I'm starting to freak out now too! I need access to my files! What is going on!?

Sigh, I don't have any production sites on their server but I hosted a client site there, thinking that I will move some of my own sites later. Now this happened and the client is blaming me for his site's loss of files. I am pulling at hairs now.
    Last edited by menj; 04-18-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by menj View Post
    Sigh, I don't have any production sites on their server but I hosted a client site there, thinking that I will move some of my own sites later. Now this happened and the client is blaming me for his site's loss of files. I am pulling at hairs now.
    I'm sure they didn't just up and go, they're probably experiencing a technical difficulty which is taking longer than normal to resolve. I noticed that DSL reports.com is down as well. Apparently their datacentre had an outage: http://www.dslreports.com/front/shutdown.html

Does anybody know if the two are hosted in the same facility?

I don't think they are in the same facility. Elicitservers.ca is registered as "New Brunswick - Fredericton - Elicitservers" whereas dslreports.com is registered as "New Jersey - Morris Plains - Net Access Corporation".

Here's a cached About page from Elicit, don't know if it helps to understand them. Unless dslreports.com is hosted in Montreal, the chances are slim that they are in the same data center... but you never know.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&gl=ca&strip=1

To those following this thread. Elicitservers.ca is gone.

Netelligent has given us the opportunity to retrieve our files one last time, if there is anything there to retrieve... we'll see. For more information, check out this thread.

3pm EST - 5pm EST is our window folks! Use it! Get your stuff. Netelligent closes the doors to those files after that!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...62#post8075862

Thanks for the alert, noted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123