Please Help me understand?

Can some one help me out.

After having a tickiet in a support system for over a hour trying to find out why my Company Bussness website (Resseler Account) for my Hosting and gaming compnay is suspended I get this reply

"Hello,

The reason your site is suspended is "phishing scam". Please give us the confirmation that this will not happen again so that we can upsuspend it. "

I search the internet and found out it was a mail scam? How can this happen? does this mean my hosting company don't have reliable servers? there not Protected? Out of the 5 Years of Hosting this is the first time I got this. I have had nothing but Problems with this compnay from day one. 29 Support tickets in one month, and I have only bean with them one month. Not going to say who it is at thist time. BUt if they don't get there act together...

Anyway, How can someone hack into a Server and do this? they have my Account locked so I can't see my Logs.

I can't even support my Own Clients now. Can some one clue me in on how to make sure this never happends again,
    TJ
    http://www.uglgames.com
    support@uglhosting.com
    High Speed Game Server at Low Speed Prices

It means that one of your clients had a phishing (fraud...in order to collect personal financial information) site. They just want confirmation it won't happen again.

they only susspend my account no my clients
    TJ
    support@uglhosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by WK-Anthony
    It means that one of your clients had a phishing (fraud...in order to collect personal financial information) site. They just want confirmation it won't happen again.
    Exactly, you should monitor your clients a little more closely. Phishing emails mean, they are fake pages like PayPal, Ebay, or credit card company's. The web pages "look" like the regular page, but it reality when you type your username and password it will send it to the creator of the lookalike. Your lucky your host is giving you this option, to unsuspend your account.

Only advise would be to monitor more closely, and watch who you host. Good luck!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

But my Clients are me... I have no real clients, that is what I don't understand.
    TJ
    support@uglhosting.com

ask them which client... or which website... tell you will be invesigating...
    get your site back online, then sort out what happened. if you dont like their answer... atleast your site is available. download then move.

Xau

Are you running any outdated scripts? Perhaps someone found a hole in one of them.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Quote Originally Posted by tjjr615
    I can't even support my Own Clients now.
    If you are you only client then who do you have to support? Something sounds "phisy"
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    If you are you only client then who do you have to support? Something sounds "phisy"

I do my own support, I run a Game server Bussness... I host my Bussness site, and my Gamining squad site.

and my Only Client is my Daytime job Boss...

I am a new Gameserver hosting compnay.. so there are no clients yet... I have bean using a reseller account to host my Gaming site for a few years now.
    this is the fisrt time i ever came across this.
    TJ
    support@uglhosting.com

I have had it.. This compnay won't tell me where it is comming from what E-mail has bean used. The tell me to fix it and delete the files. How can I do that if I can;t get access to my account....
    TJ
    support@uglhosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjjr615
    ... How can I do that if I can;t get access to my account....
    What did your host say when you asked them?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Im not sure what system you are using - but, we have seen clients set their plans to automatic activation - sometimes even with free accounts - and users have been able to signup and end users have been able to signup and spam and or phish....

Did you have instant activation activated on your reseller account? Is it possible someone signed up for a plan without you knowing it?

Eitherway, your provider should be able to tell you which account is the problem one and should certainly provide you some data around the incident.

Whether or not they choose to re-activate your account is really up to them - phishing isnt a small matter - and if you dont have a history of this, Im assuming they would just explain what happened, show you where the problem is and allow you to go on your merry way - but, if this has been a recurring issue (not saying it is or isnt) - then, they probably wont re-activate your account....
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

That sounds like a bad host if they won't tell you anything and expect you to do something about it when your account is suspended.
    Travis Newton - NodeSpace Hosting
    cPanel | VPS | Bare Metal | Proxmox

Yes Very Bad host, I have 29 Support Tickets in one month. it takes for ever for them to answer... They won't tell me a thing. I just want my Database files and I will take my Bussness elsware...
    TJ
    support@uglhosting.com

Have you asked them for details on the account of yours that was sending out the phishing e-mails?
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Account suspended after hacking attack

Interesting thread - perhaps this may illuminate some - let me tell you about my similar experience when my main account within my reseller package (ie. my own, not a client's account) got suspended out of the blue.

I had about 30 accounts on the reseller package including two of my own for my own websites - one day early Jan 2006, I find the "Suspended account" page instead of my homepage, on one of these domains - so I send an e-mail to the company from whom I bought the package asking what is cooking?

I get a reply that the site has been suspended because I am running a "phishing" scam - did not understand how they could believe this as my site is all html pages made by me, nobody else has the ftp access and I am certainly no "phisher".

Of course I could not get into the files to see what they were talking about but finally they told me that a page entitled (www) bankofamerica.com.html (had to break this url up as vb rules of this board won't let me post otherwise) existed in a folder on my website!

The ultimate hostserver of this reseller package is in fact none other than 'theplanet.com" in Dallas. Texas - my provider suggested that I contact them as he was acting under instructions from them. This I did - sent many e-mails asking for clarification and protesting my innocence - at least let me in for a short while to check out what has happened here - to absolutely no avail. To my disgust they (theplanet.com) did not even have the courtesy to reply, even to tell me where to go!

Fortunately no client accounts had been suspended - so I gave up, regsitered a new domain for my own website and began planning to move everything away from theplanet.com. This has almost been completed now - and during the process I managed to get my files back from the host server, so could look at what was in the folders without my knowledge!

I found 5 files, not put there by me, some were php files which appear (with my limited coding abilities) to be scripts which do something with e-mail and one was an html page - filenames:

(www) bankofamerica.com.html
    (www) wellsfargo.com.html
    sh.php
    lolz.php
    over.html

The last file displays :

OverclockiX Was Here!

This is not a dream it's a reality !
    sorry admin your security i bad

Special Greetz To:
    DarkbiteX & GhOsT
    Out Of Controle!!!!!

I have been hacked good it seems - and my research on the internet confirms that many sites have been similarly hacked - although the exact filenames and content may vary. Bummer!