Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help!!! About Featureprice

I bought featureprice's preminum service on Dec 12, 2002, paid full amount of money.

Couple days ago, I found that they are upgrading their system, and I could not found control panel page(used to be: http://helpdesk.featureprice.com). When I found their new control panel page (http://manage.hosting-network.com/cp/), I could not login in. I chat with their supporter, and he told me to send an email to new@featureprice.com, ask those people to put my account in the new control panel. So, I sent new@featureprice.com an email, asking to put my account to the new control panel system, nothing else.(I do not think this is a new order.) I did not get their reply untill now(4 or 5 days already).

But, the thing is that what I've gotten really shacked me!!! They send me 5 emails, one of them told me that I have a negative amount in my account; one is a new invoice which said they charge me 228.40 USD on Jan 25, 2003.......

I called them just now. What I got from the guy is that they are not going to charge it. He said he is pretty much sure abou that, then he said that I'd better call billing department, but they only work weekday(this is ture.). Then, I ask him again if he is sure that they are not going to charge me? He said pretty much sure.

Any web hosting can expalain me about this, is this reasonable or this is happend in your company? I am just a one month user and just ask to put me in the new control panel, (they do not have the old one anymore), and they charge me again as a new order... Please, really need some explaination for this!!!

My domain is guowai.com, there is no old order number, just an email as those people who are using featureprice known, and the new invoice # is: 19650...

I really want to hear something from featurepice people here and those who got the same problems.

Crying! ... Need help!

This shouldnt happen. Cant really say much more than that!

If your paying by card - wait and see if they charge you - if so then use a chargeback.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

True, this should not have happened but given the reputation of FeaturePrice http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending , I am not surprised.

I am sorry that this has to happen to you.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

I used its service for one month, it is seems fine. Even though I read those reviews(I found reviews after I bought its service), I found its service is ok and they are updating....but,,,I could not beieve that they charge me again.
    That is a really big money for meeeee.
    My god, my worst year, year of horse!

When I signed up they double charged me and I had to fax copied of the CC statement to them. That was in August.

As for the new system...I cannot seem to figure out what is going on. I sent an email to this system and received a response back 3 days later that did not address anything in the original email. I sent another one last week but nothing yet. I'll try the phone Monday.

The trouble is I paid for a whole year up front and they have two domains with them. I have sent a couple emails to get the authorization numbers to transfer but no response.

If anyone manages to find out what is going on let us know. If you are shopping around...go somewhere else. This is unacceptable. I have had two clients set up sites with them so that I could manage them and now I hope I don't get embarrassed.

they register those domains in their name or your name?

I had featureprice from Early May though Mid November. I had no issues as far as service, but I had an interesting notification method. I put them on the mailing list for my uptime monitoring service and had emails going to their NOCs and myself. The reason that I left was that I really hated Plesk and had an uneasy feeling about security issues there. They have some interesting sites being hosted there. Some of those sites could be of interest to law enforcement agencies, specifically Homeland Security and US Treasury Department (OFAC). There appears to be some clients from some blacklisted countries, that may US companies can not do business with.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

well, I am still waiting for responses from these people. I checked out BBB and found this http://www.clearwater.bbb.org/common...536&national=Y

I am moving on as soon as I can get the authorization number for my 2 domains...

I have been looking throuh here for hosts:
    http://webhostingratings.com/

anyone know of any other sites like that where you can see reviews from people?

As you probably know, they added a Live Chat thing to their site. Recently it appears that it is always unavailable or offline.

When they first got it up however, I was able to talk to a tech by the name kathy. She explained that basically they are switching everything to a new system. It is understandable that a switch of any sort can cause some minor issues, but it goes really far when it effects everything from getting a refund to getting your site setup.

I would stay away, it is too rediculous. I had the Platinum account with them (still do) from August 2001 and up and prepaid until August 2003. Everything was wonderful up until January when it become nearly impossible to contact anyone.

I must also note that if any is going to complain about them, it may be best to complain about them as "hosting-network, Inc." or whatever, which is their company name, of course, in Florida. If you checked the Florida corporation commission site, you might be able to get an actual phone number to someone in the company. But that is just a thought.

Right now I have a new hosting account, Res-2, with ServerSonic. Do not have any complaints yet, but have only been there a week or two. And it is also costs me nearly three times as much as FP did (I suppose you do get what you pay for).

There "LiveChat" is a joke.. I went in and got a few answers but I had two more questions I asked and then I got "Rep. has left the chat session" or something to that extent after he told me my problem should be fixed "soon". Whatever soon means for them...

I am working on getting my domains out of there and then I am going to http://www.webintellects.com/?body_link=home.

They have a simliar plan with 5 domains and they are members of the BBB online.

Hopefully they will work out better. It seems they have better control management as well to admin the different domains.

I hope I can get the domains in my name this week though.

miffed and pissed

The only reason why I searched and found this forum on the Internet was to see if anyone else was suffering from Featureprice's latest POO POO and sure enough, I find this! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Up until recently things were relatively OKAY, but ever since they made all the new changes, the site is so much harder to use / navigate, I still can't find my helpdesk control panel, their chat function has only worked ONCE for me and the person at the other end had no idea what he was talking about, I continue to try and log on throughout last week and have waited for hours at a time to no avail, I tried writing to premium@featureprice.com per their online instructions using my alias email address only to have my email bounce back because their system "did not like" mine (I am using THEIRS for Christ's sakes!) and calling tech support so far has been useless because no one ever answers and I end up getting the "please call back later" recording and then the system hangs up on me! And I'm calling from overseas which is costing me an arm and a leg!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ANYONE THERE!

And all I want to do is create 3 sub-domains and have them point to a specific IP.

If it wasn't for the fact that the above request impacts my BUSINESS, I wouldn't be so upset, but at this point I am so desperate that I'm actually having to vent HERE just to get it out of my system!

I have never, ever, experienced such MAYHEM from a web hosting company in my entire life!

And I've used many!

What company (and a TECH company at that?!) goes and converts their systems before making absolutely sure that the new one is in working order?

What company goes and makes such a drastic change without first informing their customers and letting them know what to expect and exactly HOW they can be reached in the event of an emergency?!

What about stress tests??

Further, what company actually writes such piss-poor material like this auto-message below, noting that I wrote to PREMIUM@FEATUREPRICE.COM and not basic?! It is rude, disorganized, completely unprofessional, and confusing at BEST with the "basic" versus "premium" plans they got going on!

And most of all, why would ANYONE sign up for a web host company that can only promise a ONE-HUNDRED-AND-TWENTY-HOUR response time?!

Companies like this should not be allowed to operate! Jesus Christ oh mighty! Someone please just shoot me now!! I have lost sleep over this and still don't know how to resolve this issue!

Greetings,

===========ATTENTION!!!==================
    YOU ARE ALLOWED ONE TICKET PER DAY, YOU
    MAY ASK AS MANY QUESTIONS AS YOU WOULD
    LIKE, BUT YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE TICKET.
    BE WISE WITH THE USAGE OF TICKET AND QUESTIONS
    YOU ASK, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT AND
    NEED TO ASK OR HAVE ASSISTANCE IN AND SEND
    OFF ONE TICKET AS ALL ADDITIONAL TICKETS WILL
    BE REMOVED FOR THAT DAY.

NEXT, YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A TURN AROUND
    TIME ON BASIC FREE SUPPORT

IF YOU NEED A GUARANTEED TURN AROUND TIME
    YOU CAN PURCHASE A PREMIUM PAID INCIDENT
    SUPPORT AT HTTP://STORE.FEATUREPRICE.COM

PREMIUM PAID SUPPORT IS GUARANTEED 1HR TURN AROUND

PHONE SUPPORT:
    YOU MAY ONLY CALL SUPPORT IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED
    A RESPONSE TO THIS TICKET, YOU MAY NOT CALL IF
    YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE. YOU WILL NEED
    THIS TICKET NUMBER WHEN CALLING SO KEEP A COPY
    OF THIS TICKET NUMBER.

=============================================
    DOMAIN RENEWALS (DOTREGISTRAR)

Steps:
    1. Visit http://store.featureprice.com
    2. Buy "DOMAIN RENEWAL"
    3. We email you a RECEIPT and a RECEIPT NUMBER
    4. Email domain@featureprice.com and include the receipt number
    5. We will renew your domain for you
    6. We will then transfer to your control

Billing

Steps:
    1. Visit http://billing.featureprice.com
    2. Follow the instructions
    3. that is all
    Help or Support

Steps:
    1. READ THE MANUALS
    2. USE THE "FIND" FEATURE AND "SEARCH" FOR WHAT
    YOU’RE LOOKING FOR
    3. VISIT HTTP://HELP.FEATUREPRICE.COM
    4. Visit your "Help & Support" area in your control panel and click
    on Documents for the users manual
    5. Visit http://livechat.featureprice.com for chat
    6. Follow the directions and READ the information

==============================================
    Registering a Domain Name

Steps:
    1. Visit http://store.featureprice.com
    2. Click on DOMAIN REGISTRATION
    3. Visit your UPGRADE CENTER in your control panel (*** CLIENTS)
    ==============================================

Thank you for submitting a helpdesk ticket. This message has been automatically generated in response to the creation of a
    trouble ticket regarding: "Please create sub-domains for ORIENTED.COM",

a summary of which appears below. In most cases helpdesk tickets are replied to and answered within 120 hours.

There is no need to reply to this message right now. Your ticket has been assigned an ID of [FeaturePrice #11039].

Please include the following message:

[FeaturePrice #11039]

in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue.

Also we want to thank you for choosing featureprice.com as your #1 Hosting provider.

Thank you,
    premium@featureprice.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I had a very similar experience. Also have 2 platinum plans with them. Was VERY happy with them for a year. And since 10 days NO contact, no matter what I try.

I also lost access to my control panels, a few days they came back. Never got an explanation or even appology from them.

The e-mails I get back to my support requests are confusing, rude (all capitals and all commanding see example above) and even the one that gave me a link to my answer did not help me, as I was unable to log into the help-page. None of my user/pw combinations worked.

I have tried phone (all numbers I could find), live-chat (timed out after 30 minutes), email and I even payed $25 for an incident support where they guarantee 1h feedback. Nothing. NO reaction even after a few days.

I am currently looking for a new host (hope to have found one in C0ldhost.com).

This is no way to treat a good customer. The market is going to punish them!

Just thought I'd share my experience with you...

Kind regards
    Namebot

Tell me about it. I send an email in stating I need additional assistance in getting my account cancelled and refunded. The problem is the account is my grandfathers who passed away recently. Their cancel form requires information which is no longer valid and would also be illegal for me to put in. I state to this to them, and their response is this:

Hello Sir,
    If you ever wish to cancel your account
    then you just have to fillin a form at http://billing.featureprice.com
    your account will be then cancelled

so please try it
    and if you find any problem
    feel free to contact us
    Thank you

Which of course, is the form that I was originally referring to when I emailed them.

Not to mention, no professional who deals with clients and customers should have the grammar background of a third grader.

It's a shame how they have degraded over the last 2 weeks and I sure hope they will improve again soon.

I was very happy with them for a year. Practially 100% uptime, fast feedback, no problems whatsover. I just LOVED them!

They turned from AMAZING to AWEFUL in 2 weeks! That's astounding. I am majorly pi..ed off at the moment, but I sure hope they will get back to normal again soon, because I do believe they gave me great service for a long time.

Let's wathc (for a few days), hope and pray...

Yes... but I do not like their new control panel, so I am leaving them just for that anyway. Them turning to awful happened to be an odd coincidence at the same time

Put a fork in them they look done!
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

My goodness, they responded )

They still sent their yelling message "YOU ARE ALLOWED ...", but at least added some human-written text to the end of it.

We'll see what happens if I send a follow up question...

Not to mention, no professional who deals with clients and customers should have the grammar background of a third grader.
    Haha, Someone I know is with them, no problems they say. I don't like them. Evil. sorry your having a problem, do a chargeback and that will solve the problem *hopefully* cause that is a lotta jack jack..
    Warm Regards,
    Max
    Max

That is just my problem... my grandfather is dead, and his card no longer "exists". His spouse, my grandmother, can do it; but this whole web hosting thing just confuses her. I am about to just screw it all and just stop using the damn account so it can expire in August; it is just a very fine waste of $200+ in prepaid months.

As to why your friend may not have problems: if you haven't request to go to the new system, they do not switch you until it is time to renew your account. The old system is still going great. Problem is getting in contact with any human over anything. But when you do, you get responses from a "third grader" who appears to just glimpse over your message and hope the message they type in answers your question.

But I would have to agree, if I did not need any sort of human interaction to solve a problem, I would not have any complaints; except when it comes time to go to the new system (as previously stated, I do not care for their new control panel... HPC or something like that).

Can someone tell me how I can access the new control panel?

I still can't figure it out and I have a college degree! I'd very much appreciate it.

The thing that gets to me most about Feature Price -- no I take that back, there are a LOT of things that get to me about Feature Price but I digress -- is that they act as though customers are out of line just for asking for customer support when actually, customer support is what we are paying for!

In an industry saturated with players offering pretty much the same products at competitive prices, the only thing that differentiates one from another is customer service and technical support... at least that is the case for my business when determining where to have our sites hosted.

We would even pay more if that meant high quality and readily available customer support.

Feature Price acts as though we are in the WRONG for wanting customer support. The language in their auto-messages is patronizing ("you better think it through and make sure you know what you are asking us before you send us an email"), threatening ("don't even try to email us twice in one day because if you do, all other correspondence will be wiped out") and borderline resentful ("don't expect us to get back to you any time soon because we don't care about basic support").

I never wish ill-will on any young start-up as we too are going through growing pains, but the very essense of what it takes to run a solid shop is missing at Feature Price and in my humble opinion, they shouldn't be allowed to continue operating.

As I said in my previous posting, it's complete mayhem over there.

Christine,

I couldn't have said it better.

But you know what? I am glad that the market will teach them manners.

They most likely have lost my business (and it was a lot and would have been MUCH more in the future) and they will loose a lot of other business too.

I praised them before, now I warn people about them. Such is the power of the customer.

And believe it or not, they will learn their lesson or die a slow death.

If you treat your customers like they do in their e-mail-messages (with all capital-yelling and patronizing and threatening sentences to read before you even get to their answer), then they will loose business. And eventually they will either improve again or die.

And both is fine with me.

And to your question how to get into the control panel.

I don't know what system they gave you now, but I have my control-panel back.

I go to https://111.111.111.111:8443 (put your ip-address instead of the 111...) and I put username and password in and have my control panel again. (It did not work for me for a few days, it may be a temporary thing for you also...)

Good luck

So can anyone help me out with this?

When I signed up they registerred a domain for me for free. The admin contact is set to them and I cannot transfer it to godaddy.com (where I have my other domains) unless it matches my email. Does anyone have any idea how I can get it changed. T

I am getting no response out of them and I have a new host, but I need this domain.

Thanks

Rick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast