Thread: ezSP_px.exe

ezSP_px.exe

what is this? i thought it was a worm or something i checked with google and didn't really find a solid answer. what are the best ways for determining if someone has a worm on their computer?

Couple of things you could do.

1) Right-click the file and choose Properties. Click the Version tab, and see if you can locate a company name. Google around for the company name and see who it is. If there isn't a Version tab, the program is probably not legit. All viruses lack a version tab, but not all legit programs have one either.

2) Try to rename the file and reboot your computer. The machine will still boot (my searches didn't indicate this is a system critical file). If you get 'Access Denied' go into Task Manager and kill the application in memory. Let the machine run for a few days without it, and see what happens.

Good luck!

It sounds like a randomly-generated name from a virus.

It sounds like a randomly-generated name from a virus.
    Could be. The fact that it seems to load from WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder (according to Google Groups searches) has me thinking that too. It also looks like the program has a habit of re-enabling itself once you remove it. We'll see what clear ghost has to say on the subjet.

Why did noone bother to do a google search? First result:
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/...brary/ezsp_px/
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

I was taking clear ghost on his/her word that Google didn't provide a good enough answer

Oh ok thanks, just making sure.. the only reason why I asked if it was anything unusual is because I loaded a dvd today and that showed up and I wasn't familiar with it.