Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New PSM customer here,

Account setup took 24 hours, alittle longer than I expected, however everything else was great!

Initial server setup took about 8 hours to do, and smaller tickets were done within the hour, sometimes 10-15 minutes! Worth EVERY penny!

they monitor the load? spammers? these prizes are real? can i go on vacation and leave one of my servers to this guys?

No.

It's not a proactive service, though if they notice the trouble on their monitors they will try to reboot the server, limited to the info they have.

I enjoy proactive service, as it gives you some privacy against people logging in and making updates/backups/etc, without your consent. Also, it isn't that hard to login to their portal and make a ticket if you’re stumbled. I've seen responses in 3-5 minutes, and resolutions in 10-15. Though, I think their uptime monitor is slightly out of tune . (I get emails at one in the morning telling me a server is down, when siteuptime with 5 minute monitoring on different ports reports nothing.) Hey, it's defiantly with the $30 though.
    My 2c.
    Kevhosting.com -
    High quality hosting, resellers and VPS packages.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdevil
    Another vote for PSM. I have been with them for a few months.The price looks too good to be true especially with all other Indian outsourcing companies giving the industry a bad rep (don't get me wrong, some may be good, but not the majority).

They resolve issues within the day max. Sometimes within 60 seconds.
    They very competent and friendly. Always been happy with all the jobs. Unlike other companies, when you tell them to fix something, they will actually fix it first time round.

I completely recommend them...
    Great work guys!
    Take PSM and Kayako for example. Both have great support and service

Not to happy at all with PSM. Their initial security was good but their optimization sucks. My site has only been partially up since Iam redesigning it and it though the server load is constantly over 70%. I had a smaller server at another company manged in house bythat company and the server load was never over 10% even when the site was fully operational.
    Digital Offensive
    http://www.digitaloffensive.com
    Take an offensive approach to Security know what your foes know!

I'm wondering if anyone here can provide a comparative review of Platinum Server Management with Server Wizards...???

Have you ever had a certain personality you just don't click with?

There will always be, with any company regardless of size, unsatisfied customers. It does not matter how a company structures their customer service policies and procedures, there will always be issues that can't seem to be resolved in a proper manner for a few customers.

Is it the customers fault? For the most part - no. Nor is it the companies fault. It is just a fluke in the system or a miscommunication that ended in a service conflict.

PSM - I have been with them in the past and loved everything about them. I actually would spend hours talking with Ethan on the phone getting help and friendly advise about the industry and key points I should consider. This guy is an amazing character and resource for the hosting industry and I have told him more than once that WHIR or PingZine should snatch him up for some articles.

Ethan runs a sound company that is solid in its foundation and intergrity. This is not a company held together on duc tape and bubble gum.

More over - for a company to admit to possibly missing a few emails due to overload or spam filters shows they are working for you. Many people would try to excuse the fact that they never received them. PSM is truely a company that works for you.

There are those that will disagree and that is okay. Everyone has their own seperate experience with many companies - but with PSM - if you do your research you will find they are a very solid company.

Good company i agree, and they seem to know what their doing.

The only problem i have is a sever connection issue that was on going, and the only answer i ever really got was "We've turned the firewall off..." not exactly a solution but whatever...

To all these people out there using PSM... your opinion please:

We are using a fully managed VPS by a well known VPS provider. Could we use PSM in order to help us out in crisis?

Our need is basically to have a monitoring service that would check the most cruscial services like cpsrvd, http, pop3, ftp, mysql, etc. When a problem is detected they should take automatic action in order to restore the services (propably working together or in parallel with our VPS provider if the issues are too complex like Virtuozzo or Hardware problems. ) and notify both our VPS provider tech support & us of the detected problem and its resolution.

Basically, what we need is to have a problem detection and repairing system that would act automatically, so that if we are away for some days or at a place without web access we can have complete peace of mind that the VPS is been constantly looked after.

Do you thing that PSM is the right solution for us or do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you all in advance.

I think PSM only does cpanel servers?

PSM is the best. Only have been with them 1 week. In this 1 week they answered ANY question I had and quickly.

5stars for them. Ill post a further review once I have been with them a month. But I cannot see anything not good come out of it

Yes, according to their FAQ

Why do you only support Linux operating system with CPanel control panel?

In this industry, nobody can be a jack of all trades, unless they are a master of none. Our company and employees has worked with servers running Linux and CPanel exclusively for many many years. We prefer to specialize in a specific area and are confident we can fulfill all of your technical support requirements.

It'd be nice if they'd be willing to do things over KVM unit, like OS installs etc., That'd be an amazing service for them to provide..

these dudes are amazing thumbs up deffo 10 tickets in an hour all answered and fixed
    http://www.gocre8.co.uk - Liverpool Web Design
    http://www.outallnite.co.uk - Liverpool Clubbing

rohitj,
    If your looking for advanced services like that, $29.00 is way under the price range. I personally use PSM as a backup administrative service, and a great monitoring system. Keeping their services to fast, ticket based support keeps the prices down, and response time fast.
    Kevhosting.com -
    High quality hosting, resellers and VPS packages.

Platinum Server Management. Not for us.

I would only recommend Platinum if have one cPanel server and want some cheap help with it. If you phone them about billing or sales issues they are rude on phone. Platinum's support is ok for basic stuff once you finally get set up as long as you do not question anything they did. We had some exploit security issues that they didn’t really resolve so we had to hire someone else who knew more about security. Our datacenter said they had to fix some things they did to our servers after we did a reboot and the server didn't start up again. They also have serious billing issues. This company may be ok if you own maybe one or two servers, but if you try to add more they start to double bill you. When I asked about being doubled billed they were rude, immature, would not listen and then just cut off our account including servers that were still paid for the month! If you are a growing business Platinum is too small an outfit for all your needs. I recommend paying more for a more professional service; I guess you get what you pay for.

johnnybigwig, I am somewhat sceptical about your post, it is your first post and you have come on to trash a company, and for no apparent reason.

I myself use PSM and I have clients who I have referred to PSM who are also amazed at the level of service they recieve for $29.00 per month.

They are wizards with cPanel and worth every single penny. Yes, they will never beat a service that gives you a near dedicated technician, but for the price, they are far better bang for your buck.

Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

I don't think that people come to a forum to see everyone write that every company and service is wonderful and perfect? Someone wanted to know other's experiences and opinions of PMS. Our opinion PMS is suitable for small companies, but not larger ones. If PMS fits your business profile, good for you, and good luck with that. After one of our servers experienced kernel problems, we returned to our old mgmt company, the savings in money from PMS did not suit our needs.

I agree with Xcellweb Matt.

Kernel issues are *not* PSM's problem. They warn you before they do a kernel upgrade that 50% of them go wrong. So if you accepted the disclaimer, it's your own fault for taking the risk.
    Big things coming soon

Nick, you have just proved my point why I would not recommend Platinum to service the multi-server business model. You received a warning from PSM where they said that 50% of their kernel upgrades go wrong? I never received such a warning, but if I did I would run for the hills in fear of incompetence! That does however; make my point regarding their limitations. We took our business back to acunett where they advertise constant kernel upgrades. Why would kernel upgrades not be your server management’s problem? If you need to hire someone else to do the complicated stuff, they are not fully managing your servers. Have you tried other server management companies, who are you comparing them too?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybigwig
    Nick, you have just proved my point why I would not recommend Platinum to service the multi-server business model. You received a warning from PSM where they said that 50% of their kernel upgrades go wrong? I never received such a warning, but if I did I would run for the hills in fear of incompetence! That does however; make my point regarding their limitations. We took our business back to acunett where they advertise constant kernel upgrades. Why would kernel upgrades not be your server management’s problem? If you need to hire someone else to do the complicated stuff, they are not fully managing your servers. Have you tried other server management companies, who are you comparing them too?
    ive had platinumservermanagement upgrade kernel on all my servers without any problems. they don't say 50% of "their" kernel upgrades fail, they say that kernel upgrades are tricky and have a risk of failure, and ask if your datacenter is available to manually bootup the server if necessary.

the disclaimer they send is just a heads up warning, and my datacenter told me the same thing when i asked them to do it (before i went with psm).

my friend had acunett upgrade kernel a while back, it failed, and had to be redone. it's no big deal, because those things happen with kernel upgrades, but at least psm gives me a heads up warning before doing it.

psm has never let me down, they never said something was too complicated to do.

I wish they support Plesk too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123