Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SecureServerTech
    wow, with all the bad input and reviews here I think its pretty safe to say these guys are finished. I notice I dont see any more of their staff posting here. I would be too embarrassed too
    To honest. Your completely right and I support your reply 150%, these guys are finished. I do agree with my own reply following yours however, they have too much customers or, and, well HAD too much customers they couldn't handle it and thats when things went down. Thats why when I choose hosting companies, I normally hit the smaller hosting companies to aviode these "careless customer" issues. I love to be cared about.

Best of luck to ALL WebHostPlus Customers, may god help you.

Frimon86

backing up all my clients data just now

My site was on

Name Server: NS3.FAST-SERVERS.NET
    Name Server: NS4.FAST-SERVERS.NET

Does anyone know what server that is?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David
    It's fairly common for bots to try to exploit entire IP ranges, I see no reason to doubt their reasoning.
    Yes, however typically if they needed to wipe a server and re-install it. That means it was a root compromise, which also means it was human intervention at some point. Ex-employee, unpatched systems, or maybe the cooling in the dc fried the drives.

Quote Originally Posted by comm
    Yes, however typically if they needed to wipe a server and re-install it. That means it was a root compromise, which also means it was human intervention at some point. Ex-employee, unpatched systems, or maybe the cooling in the dc fried the drives.
    Why does being rooted mean there was any human intervention?
    Bots and scripts can root something just the same.

What's done after the rooting in most cases does include some intervention of sorts.

I read something around 16 servers had root access obtained and then everything removed. It seems more likely somone had root access or an ssh key on the servers.

Why does being rooted mean there was any human intervention?
    Bots and scripts can root something just the same.

What's done after the rooting in most cases does include some intervention of sorts.
    To gain elevated priv's in a unix or linux enviroment the bot or script would need to carry a payload which included a exploit. That exploit would either root the box through the kernel or services running on that machine. So infact some human intervention will be included after user level access is gained.

Quote Originally Posted by nbh1
    I read something around 16 servers had root access obtained and then everything removed. It seems more likely somone had root access or an ssh key on the servers.
    Maybe the root password on those machines were take from the password files or someones key was jacked on a owned workstation.

However, I can see why they wiped the machine, but customers data? I don't see why they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    We are getting an avalanche of ex-netbunch customers
    Same here It's been like this for a few months ever since the netbunch takeover...

I hadn't realised why the sudden surge until I saw the recent flood of posts complaining about whp...

Hopefully, the people moving will make good informed choices about who they move to and don't just another host that will potentially end up treating you the same as netbunch...

Good luck to you all!

I see no reason to doubt their reasoning.
    Well, after the countless lies WHP has been caught in on this forum, there is perfectly good reason to doubt everything WHP claims about anything.

Occham's Razor again. The simplest explanation here is most likely true -- this is a scam. Of what nature is not relevant. With WHP's endless scams against the customers of countless hosting operations they've acquired, it is enough to simply recognize that this is yet another in a long, long series of scams these fraudsters have perpetrated.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Will agree with BigBison totally on this one.

WHP seems to be one big scam. Their support lies through their teeth.

I was told my server was offline when I could login to cPanel. I was told it was online when it was offline.

I was even told that all my sites were working, when I had only one site!

Now, my account was deleted since I requested it, however they refused a refund because it was to the old merchant (netbunch)

Quote Originally Posted by comm
    Maybe the root password on those machines were take from the password files or someones key was jacked on a owned workstation.

However, I can see why they wiped the machine, but customers data? I don't see why they did that.
    I agree. Someone apparently has something against WHP but they likely didn't do much harm to the host. More to the clients sites and businesses on those servers. I think this is what everyone forgets about. Real people! I don't mean to be corny but seriously... What did the people hosting their websites do to deserve having everything swiped from under their feet?

Quote Originally Posted by nbh1
    What did the people hosting their websites do to deserve having everything swiped from under their feet?
    Nothing, but those people also had PLENTY of warning signs. WHP 'migration' plan is pathetic and their 'customer service' is a joke. Anyone who had even the slightest interaction with Netbunch or 1hostplan or any other company WHP bought after the purchase went thru absolutely found out how crappy they were. The real kicker is that WHP lost all their data or whatever and also lost all their money into the back pockets of the owners of WHP. Eventually enough people are going to complain and WHP will no longer exist. They'll just take the money and run.

Get your data and domains out now.

I was a stupid schmuck for not seeing the signs of what a lame-*** company they are when they became Mesopia/Netbunch. I have copies of my files, but thought my db data was being "backed up" everyday. I'm sorry, but backing up to the same box is not a backup, that is a copy. Anyway, I've learned my lesson the hard way. I am definitely leaving this "company" and going elsewhere. I am also considering suing as they misled customers to believing backups were actual backups. Anyone else instested in a class-action suit?

What is fascinating about this "company", is that lack of giving a crap. I tried their 800 number, didn't work. Went to Web Host Plus' site and found a long distance number and called it. They had some prompt that if you were a Netbunch/Mesopia customer to check the website as they would update their site with info on the status of the recovery. They never did that. I also left them two voicemails that were never returned. I opened two trouble tickets, never got an answer. Basically left 100% in the dark throughout this whole process. And not once did they apologize!!!

Tried phoning support for my mate...... nothing

Phoned billing very helpful, but took 3days for us to get the server back, server now seems to be in another DC and there story was the MB was fried, i told them if they didnt get it up within 12hours 100% refund they agreed to that and it was up in 1hour

Now for the pain steaking task of moving 500GB of Data Ahh well.

See you in court
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info

Quote Originally Posted by Servers4me
    Tried phoning support for my mate...... nothing

Phoned billing very helpful, but took 3days for us to get the server back, server now seems to be in another DC and there story was the MB was fried, i told them if they didnt get it up within 12hours 100% refund they agreed to that and it was up in 1hour

Now for the pain steaking task of moving 500GB of Data Ahh well.

See you in court
    What number did you call? I want to speak to a human.

It could have been 201-520-1801. I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone.

THe number on there site.
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info

Quote Originally Posted by Servers4me
    THe number on there site.
    The only one I see is the 800 number (which doesn't work) and the one mentioned above (which is never answered by a human). Is it different from those?

Its always good to have your own backup never depend on your host to do it for you.
    EHOSTONE INC
    Ultimate Hosting Solution!
    http://reseller.ehostone.net

Yeah, I've learned the hard way. To most hosting providers, "backups" mean copies on the same box, which is ridiculous because if you told your mom to backup her vacation photos, you would be sure to tell her to not back them up to her computer.

I lost everything too.

And also I don´t know how to do to transfer my domain to another companie

Did you registered your domain through them?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

no, i registered in dr2.net but at this moment is the same, isn´t it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast