Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    I was looking for someone to pay the past due bill, takeover operations, be a stable provider to customers for a while until things get settled, then go on your merry way.
    I certainly missed this part. You wanted someone to settle your bill, steer the ship for a while, and then hand the whole thing back to you like a big Christmas gift? You're out of your mind.
    Looks like you were trying to take advantage of a wounded animal and are a little butt-hurt because I caught on.
    This deal ended because Travis did not go along with Patrick's idea, it didn't have anything to do with you catching on to something.
    For anyone interested in the businesses, here is a copy of the basic General Transfer Agreement. This is the exact agreement I sent to Mr. DeluxeHost. Nothing to hide here.http://content.nvrsn.com/250Free_250..._Agreement.pdf
    This deal was written by Brian and forwarded to LiquedWeb and I. I hadn't yet signed/agreed to it as LiquedWeb killed the deal before I got a chance to sit down to read it carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by joshing View Post
    I believe they [LiquedWeb] were very greedy to not accept the person that wanted to sign a contract for a year because what did they have to lose, since they don't have nothing now, and doubt they will be getting anything at least they would of had a better chance with the new order than the current owner.
    I couldn't have said it any better.
    Last edited by DeluxeHost; 02-15-2011 at 01:13 AM.
    << Please review the Forum Guidelines regarding signatures >>

Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeHost View Post
    This deal ended because Travis did not go along with Patrick's idea, it didn't have anything to do with you catching on to something.
    I think it can be simply accepted that:

1) Brian took a month to put all his eggs in one basket and ignored other offers
    2) the deal is Off
    3) Liquidweb wont get their cash
    4) the users of 250host are in the ....
    5) Brian is in the .... and will get sued for taking cash etc
    Unless anyone else wants to drop an offer in this thread .. or the users go along the lines of my previous suggestions..

There is little point publicly squabbling over why the deal failed ...

This thread is really amazing, I am surprised that somebody would let it get this far - and really the hosting company is worthless at this point because if that.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

This saga, and I apologize to those customers affected, reads like a perfect example of how not to run a hosting company.

Quote Originally Posted by elycomputers View Post
    I think it can be simply accepted that:

4) the users of 250host are in the ....
    Possibly... and wild negative speculations (born from sour grapes / misinformation / rumor) can only help to insure that users of 250host wind up with nothing.

I certainly missed this part. You wanted someone to settle your bill, steer the ship for a while, and then hand the whole thing back to you like a big Christmas gift?
    That is not what I meant. Sorry for the poor wording.

If you didn't have the capital and/or interest in settling the bill, why didn't you tell me this in the first place? I was straight with you and I was hoping you were straight with me, because there is not time to waste. If you had been up front with me from beginning, I would have known where you stood.

I did put my eggs in your basket because I had to make a judgement call. If I had known you were trying to work a deal with LiquidWeb, at least I would have known to keep the offer open to others who were interested and whom were willing to settle the bill immediately. You kinda screwed me over.

This deal was written by Brian and forwarded to LiquedWeb and I. I hadn't yet signed/agreed to it as LiquedWeb killed the deal before I got a chance to sit down to read it carefully.
    You said it looked good! Sit down and read it? It's a one page plain word agreement. It says, right there in the second paragraph:

II. Second Party agrees to settle all outstanding debt with LiquidWeb, Inc. for StormOnDemand.com account, “isight”, that is currently managed by First Party. Second Party agrees to return hosting service provided to clients at 250Free.com and 250Host.com within one week from the date of this agreement.
    Same as I requested for a working deal, several times to you, right there on page one of this post, said by LiquidWeb, and right there in the one page agreement.

I trusted you were being straight with me and I made a gentleman's agreement so we could get things expedited. In the end, it may not matter to you, however it also doesn't matter what LiquidWeb agrees to. If LiquidWeb was willing to work a deal with you, more power to you. But, I set forth EXACTLY what I was looking for and you agreed to it. I didn't know there was negotiations going on with LiquidWeb, and that the deal hinged on whether you could into this with less cash up front. I didn't know because you didn't tell me. The business is already in a bind and you wasted my time.

Brian

FYI, for anyone interested in 250Free.com and 250Host.com, please PM me. If you've got other offers or suggestions that gets the service back online for clients, I'm all ears.

Thank you,

Brian Salisbury

I didn't know there was negotiations going on with LiquidWeb, and that the deal hinged on whether you could into this with less cash up front. I didn't know because you didn't tell me.Brian
    I apologize if you feel I didn't make it clear, I believe this email below that I sent you made it clear, I even gave you the specifics of what Patrick's idea was. You replied to my email so I assumed you had read it but maybe you didn't read it carefully:

from Bryant Jones <bryantjones@gmail.com>
    to Brianxa Salisbury <isightinc@gmail.com>
    date Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    subject Re: Rough Draft of Agreement
    mailed-by gmail.com
    Good morning and good work on your end :-)
    Please give me a call if you would at your soonest convenience at: xxx-xxx-xxxx. Just want to update you on the idea Patrick had come up with at LiquedWeb. In a nutshell, I'm opening a new account with LiquedWeb and signing a contract to stay with them for at least 1 year so that they are guarnteed to make $6,000 from me. It will be the same storm account settings as you currently have unless you recommend something different. Patrick will bring up your old server for one day for the migration to take place, hopefully today.
    As a lot of customers are demanding cpanel over directadmin these days, I hope to use that on the new server if you thought that this would work. I wanted to ask if I could paypal you $120 for 3 hours of your time (@ $40/hour) to migrate the clients to the cpanel accounts on the new server today or tomorrow.
    Thanks Brian,
    Bryant
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Here was your reply to the above email, so I assumed you had read my above email:

from Brian Salisbury <isightinc@gmail.com>
    to Bryant Jones <bryantjones@gmail.com>
    date Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    subject Re: Rough Draft of Agreement
    mailed-by gmail.com
    I'm afraid I don't have the time right now to do a server migration. There's just too much going on. It would take a couple deicated days to get everything moved over and configured, not to mention the differences in configuration between CPanel and DirectAdmin. To be honest, you're going to be pretty busy just getting things up and running for the first month. There's a backlog of support, domains that didn't renew, etc. If I were you, I'd focus on getting things stable and regaining some customer confidence, then move on to whatever your plans are.
    Brian

Again, I'm sorry this didn't work out, I had good intentions and I would have really liked to see the members of 250Free back online.
    Last edited by DeluxeHost; 02-15-2011 at 11:28 PM.

It wasn't my business the deal you worked with LiquidWeb, as long it involved getting the servers back up. I trusted that when you said you were willing to take care of the overdue balance, that any deal you attempted to work with LiquidWeb would involve getting that bill paid.

In fact, you said it in your very first PM to me:
    I'm very interested in helping you out of your predicament with the 250Free.com by paying up the overdue balance.
    I started wondering when you mentioned moving the servers to another LiquidWeb account, which didn't make any sense. LiquidWeb could simply transfer the existing account to you and flip the switch. If you had let me know that it was out of the question that you were willing to cover the overdue costs, I would have continued to consider other offers. You told me otherwise.

Brian

FYI, for anyone interested in 250Free.com and 250Host.com, please PM me. If you've got other offers or suggestions that gets the service back online for clients, I'm all ears.
    I believe a lot of the interested parties had given up as you had your oen deal done as far as they were aware, I realise it has now fallen through etc..

I think your best bet is to states exactly what the situation is regarding 250host now. The outstanding amounts due to liquidweb, the number of paid users involved etc, either in this thread or a new ad .. depending on forum rules ..

Simply because anyone who may have some intterest is not going to wade through all the bickering and discussions of why your deal went bad. As I have previously stated I think the only realistic way of attracting someone to save the users of 250host now is to get some of them to state their intention to stay with 250host if that is something you can try to get done (or if they can) then you may have some success..

I dont think continuing discussion of the deal failure is doing you any good and time was of the essence a month ago....

Quote Originally Posted by elycomputers View Post
    I dont think continuing discussion of the deal failure is doing you any good and time was of the essence a month ago....
    True...

Thanks,

Brian

Brian, may I suggest that you contact a Moderator and start a new thread so you will have a chance to start fresh?
    If I had known you were trying to work a deal with LiquidWeb, at least I would have known to keep the offer open to others who were interested and whom were willing to settle the bill immediately. You kinda screwed me over.
    You're not being honest, my VERY FIRST private message I sent you told you I had worked out a deal with LiquedWeb. On 1/27/11, my frist message was entitled, "250Free.com Worked Out Deal w/ LiquedWeb, Just Need Your "ok" It read:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeHost
    Hi Brian,
    Just an update, if you give the "ok", I've worked out a deal to get all your clients back online ASAP. I worked out a deal with Patrick...I asked Patrick (Sales Manager at LiquedWeb) to leave you a message to see if you wanted to go forward with my offer. Please call me back at: xxx-xxx-xxxx or call LiquedWeb back and ask for Patrick
    So my very first message told you I was dealing directly with Patrick and in fact Patrick left a message on your voicemail on my behalf. This was besides the email I quoted early spelling out the exact terms of the deal I made with LiquidWeb. Perhaps when you start your new thread, try being honest, if that is even possible for you.

You kinda screwed me over. The business is already in a bind and you wasted my time.
    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if you tried to blame all your problems on Santa Clause. Your business went offline December 24th. It took you 18 days until your first started this thread on 2/11/11. For the next 16 days, you had at least 2 other people you were dealing with that fell through (from what you told me later). I sent you my first message on 1/27, so that means you had 34 days to try to sort your mess out before I came along. That is over a month, and yet you try to blame me? You wasted your own time
    Last edited by DeluxeHost; 02-17-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Greetings ...

A 250Free customer's unofficial summary-sypnosis

As I see it, albeit from outside the view of Mr. Salisbury, the trouble with 250Free/250Host appears to have begun sometime about mid-2010 (if not before). Perhaps at that point, Mr. Salisbury may have begun to realize that he was reaching a crisis stage in so far as the health and well-being of 250Free/250Host was concerned, but perhaps rather than seeking out help then, he instead tried to keep going on his own in the hopes of a turnaround.

By early October 2010, at the point when some access issues to 250Free/250Host began to occur, Mr. Salisbury made no announcements to his customers, not thru e-mail and not thru the "250" forums, about what the technical issues were, or how or when they would be resolved. Also, there was most certainly no announcement hinting that the existence of both "250" services was in deep jeopardy, and there were no offers or suggestions on transferal of site hosting and domain services from any "250" customer who may have asked for such.

Around Christmas 2010, both 250's went down for good, and yet there was still no official announcement/explanation from Mr. Salisbury to his customers. As 2010 turned to 2011, webhost review sites and forums like this one started giving hints of what the issues with the "250's" apparently were. Like me, it seems that's how the vast majority of 250Free/250Host customers learned of what was going on.

Then on January 13th, both 250's re-appear on the web with the announcement from Mr. Salisbury about why they are down. But there is nothing from Mr. Salisbury in the message about options allowing customers to cancel accounts or halt re-billing for services not being delivered.

The day before, January 12th 2011, this forum thread was started by Mr. Salisbury, and the only way that "250" customers like myself most likely found this thread was through other web review sites, independent blogs or by doing web searches on Google-Yahoo-Bing-etc.

Around February 3rd 2011, the "250" sites had a new message, although the January 13 2011 date was still on display. The message was that a preliminary deal was being worked on to restore the "250" sites to full service. No e-mails of this were ever sent to customers, at least not to me. However, nothing came of this "deal". Meanwhile, 250Free/250Host customers like myself discovered charges on their credit card accounts for "250" services that were not being delivered or no longer wanted.

As of today, February 17th 2011, the same "preliminary deal" message with the January 13 2011 date is still up at the "250" sites, and no signs at present that there will ever be any favorable resolution of the "250" issue. It would seem that the "250" situation may perhaps one day wind up in the courts for resolution there.

I ask any 250Free/250Host customer who may be reading this forum thread just one question --

"In the period from say, July 1 2010 through February 17 2011, have you ever received, through the e-mail account(s) associated with your 250Free/250Host account, any official notification or message of any kind from Mr. Salisbury with specific regards to the ongoing "250" situation?

For the record -- I have not.

Sincerely,
    Frank-0-Sport 2011

For Brian:

I had a free account at 250free.com, so I'm not out any money. I am out some treasured pictures, which I will never see again. A similar thing happened to me years ago when I lost all my files at another company. What really bothers me about you Brian, are the posts I've read from your customers, claiming you are still debiting their bank cards, for a service they cannot access. If this is true you are nothing but a crook. Are their claims true? What say you, Brian?

r-b

To me it seems like Brian was trying to make some quick $$ it didn't take off and the clients suffered. To me this is a dead business and there is NO use buying at all.

brian the least you could've done is WARN the customers to move. Instead you didn't say anything and thought you could profit off them by selling your clients.

You deserve what you got and I hope NO ONE helps you. Learn your lesson the hard way mate.

Cheers.

During all this time 250Free's been offline, what happened to all the fees charged to its members? I'm not on a paid plan but considered doing so a month before the shutdown. Thanks to God I didn't! So, if members' credit cards were still being charged from December 24 to now, where is the money?

Frank-o-sport, you are correct. I have been a paying member since 2002 and I had to learn about this through someone that pointed me to this forum. I recieved No warnings. I actually thought Brian had an accident. I am not going to bad mouth anyone at this point, I just wish we could get things back on line. But ya'll are right, the longer this drags on the less likely anyone will stay aboard.

I have been a paying member of 250free for about 3 years. I have had my 250free account since about 2004. I decided to upgrade to a paid account so I would not have banner ads on my web pages I made. Since the site went down in December, there have been 2 more payments taken out of my debit card. I am not happy about this to say the least. I have no way to get into my account to cancel the auto pay.

I will be calling my debit card CS and asking them to cancel the card I have now and send me a new card with a new number. I am tired of paying for something I am not getting. I used to think Brian was a nice person. In fact he did refund a one month payment sometime earlier last year or the year before when the site was down so often. Now I don't know what to think of him.

I do know it's illegal to take money from people and not give them the service they are paying for. He is not getting any more of my money. I really liked 250free as it was an easy site to navigate. I have feeling all of our treasured files are now gone since this has gone on for so long. :-(

Lori

My problem is that I am now four months behind with LiquidWeb and they won't turn on service again unless I pay the bill in full.

Both services combined have several hundred paying members and brought in approximately $1,000/mo. in gross revenue at the very end. Hosting cost is about $500/mo. with LiquidWeb. LiquidWeb wants $1,900 to turn service back on-- basically 4 months of service.
    Just returning to the original statement and sitting back. Either the financial claims are a wild estimate or Brian has really killed the company himself.

Looking from this end if the revenue from the companies was $1000 a month and he has not been paying the bill but has collected the cash - as has been claimed by many customers - then he has had the sufficient funds paid by customers while the site has been down to actualy clear the bill, or at least reduce the balance significantly.
    It only gives the overall picture that it isnt in Brians interest to pay the fees he has already collected to Liquidweb despite the legal situation and thinks someone else will be foolish enough to do it for him.
    Even if you ignore the issues of how the company went down, the failed rescue deal, the ignoring other prospective buyers. The fact that Brian has collected and kept fees since December 2010 and has not included *any* of those in the deal he was working on or updated the current situation as suggested can only lead to one logical conclusion.

No one in their right mind is going to take the company and pay its outstanding bills when the seller has been pocketing the payments made in the last 2 months. Bespite knowing the situation Brian still kep the incoming revenue in his own pocket, it wasnt held for the benefit of the company..
    Its definately a dead company if that is true

Even if less than 1% of 250Free's 300000+ members had Platinum accounts, Brian would've cleared more than enough to pay LiquidWeb and then some. Do the math: 1500 x $.95 in December then January. Where is that money? Paying members' bank and credit card statements for Dec and Jan bear this out: Transactions to 250Free went through. I'm just glad I didn't go on a pay plan and mirrored much of my 250Free files on another, more reliable, host. As far as I'm concerned, 250Free died Christmas Eve and Brian killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedwriter View Post
    Even if less than 1% of 250Free's 300000+ members had Platinum accounts, Brian would've cleared more than enough to pay LiquidWeb and then some. Do the math: 1500 x $.95 in December then January. Where is that money? Paying members' bank and credit card statements for Dec and Jan bear this out: Transactions to 250Free went through. I'm just glad I didn't go on a pay plan and mirrored much of my 250Free files on another, more reliable, host. As far as I'm concerned, 250Free died Christmas Eve and Brian killed it.
    Brian had said that at the time the business went offline, there were around 150 paying members and around 3,000 non-paying members and that some of these free members had abandoned their site like we used to do at Geocities and AngelFire

To One and All:

It's clear to me the litle weasel took the money, and apparently is still taking the money, and ran away. I'm sure he was thinking about doing this all along. Don't waste your time waiting for your accounts to come back. They are gone like he is. The next time I read about him I hope it's about his arrest. I'm sorry I lost all my files, but I'm more sorry I can't get my hands on him.

Take care, folks.

r-b

Brian had said that at the time the business went offline, there were around 150 paying members and around 3,000 non-paying members and that some of these free members had abandoned their site like we used to do at Geocities and AngelFire
    So he wasnt exactly truthful in his first post which stated:

"Both services combined have several hundred paying members and brought in approximately $1,000/mo. in gross revenue at the very end. "

Like i said .. if that was truthful he has taken more than enough cash to pay the bill..

Odd, because according to the archived page I found via Wayback Machine claimed, circa 2008, 250Free has(had) more than 330,000 members. Even with only 150 on paid plans, surely Brian garnered enough to at least pay off some of his arrears then let another host take on the rest. Does Brian still have this money taken from clients' bank cards? Two months worth have been charged. Is it on deposit or did the judge order it seized to pay LW's debt?

Brian really, really needs to come clean with his clients as well as those willing to take on 250Free.

I just decided to close the bank account associated with the auto-renewal to avoid money being taken. Really sucks I had to do that but it's better than paying for something I'll likely never see again.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast