Thread: Yezhost offline

Yezhost offline

Hello,
    I don't know if i can post this here but i'm kind of desperate and someone might know something that can help me
    i'm using Yezhost as a host service, as advised in this forum.
    I've been using it for 1 month and 1 week and 2 days ago my website went down. Yesterday I talked to them and they said my site would be back online within 2 hours.
    3 Hours passed and i tried to contacted them again, but their site is offline too.
    I've sent an email and got no reply, my site is hosted with them and i don't have a back up and i'm freaking out because i'm going to lose everything i did in the past 4 months.

Does anyone knows what is going on with them? Is there anything i can do besides trying to contact them?

Thanks,
    Xtasie
    Last edited by xtasie; 09-20-2014 at 06:46 AM.

Yep they seem to be down... Do you not have any backups? No local copies of your site? As soon as they get online(hoping they will) grab a backup and make sure you are ready to migrate Wishing you all the best

Confirmed it's down from here too.

Did you try to contact them via their Twitter account?
    https://twitter.com/Yezhosting

Wouldnt be too sure abt getting a reply on twitter they dont seem that active in there. They should have at least sent out a tweet assuring their clients letting them know what the issue is and how long till it gets solved

All their socials account are inactive or have 4 followers/likes.
    I've sent a message to everywhere :/ it seems like i can't do anything but wait.
    This isn't normal to happen in the hosting industry right? i'm so ****ing unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by xtasie View Post
    All their socials account are inactive or have 4 followers/likes.
    I've sent a message to everywhere :/ it seems like i can't do anything but wait.
    This isn't normal to happen in the hosting industry right? i'm so ****ing unlucky
    Err you are wrong there, this is quite normal for hosts to go offline or even quit. Has happened lots and lot of time. Reputable hosts or hosts who have been online for long also at times suffer these issues. But I am hoping they are just suffering a network outage and would be back soon. Did you do proper research before signing up with them?

Yes,
    I created a thread in this forum asking for suggestions and i contacted more than 10 host and Yezhost support was the best, actually i have no reason to complain until my site went offline 2 days ago.

Sorry mate I did try to scout the net, tried looking through wayback machine and online archive in the hopes of getting hold of their phone number for you, tough luck couldn't find anything other than that girl (Hannah?) Even their facebook page is deleted? Won't load for me. I know how big a nightmare this can be, which is why you should always keep backups locally.

I wish I could have helped you out, but there is nothing me or you can do other than waiting in the hopes they do get online(chances seems bleak)

Do update the thread letting us know what happens

Finally got hold of their phone number 866.722.2180 go ahead and give it a try?

Thanks for your help xgenHosting, i tried to call them but it's only an automatic call, no one actually pick up the phone! Really thanks though!

It is unfortunate. However these things do happen.

Could be a network outage or maybe a DDOS.

The possibilities are endless and they do happen.

They could keep you updated though.

from the whois
    Domain Name: YEZHOST.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 1854409029_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Update Date: 2014-08-02 13:06:40
    Creation Date: 2014-04-12 04:52:34
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-04-12 04:52:34
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
    Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: NOC DEPT
    Registrant Organization: IOVOM LTD
    Registrant Street: 60 SOMERSET ROAD
    Registrant City: LONDON
    Registrant State/Province: ENFIELD
    Registrant Postal Code: N18 1HG
    Registrant Country: United Kingdom
    Registrant Phone: +44.3302220007
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax: +44.2080432909
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: THETEAM -at- IOVOM.COM
    Note iovom, themefoxy and all their other brands are down/gone as well.

If you've been with them for 5 weeks, how have you lost 4 months of something ?

What was the logic behind not having a backup ?

i've paid 3months in advance!
    i only have 2month old Databse backup, i'm a new webmaster with no experience, i've learn from my mistake now.
    I'm with TMZvps, i've been experiencing some issues to restore my backup with them but Daniel is very helpful and are helping me to fix it. I will update as soon as my site is fully online.

i only have 2month old Databse backup
    Well, that's something at least - so you can revert back to a point-in-time now.

i'm a new webmaster with no experience, i've learn from my mistake now.
    Then the 3-month hosting payment hasn't been completely wasted

You've learned something of massive importance - ALWAYS have backups - lots of backups.

Unfortunately it's incredibly easy to start a hosting 'business', and incredibly hard to make it successful - many simply seem to 'vanish' one day never to be seen again - research into the provider before signing up is a critical step.

I'm extremely disappointed as well. I signed up about two months ago. I'm very glad I paid via PayPal so I can get my money back, though I'm wondering if I have a way to get the domain they registered for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rfmurphy81 View Post
    I'm wondering if I have a way to get the domain they registered for me.
    As they were just a reseller of someone (rather than an actual registrar which would have afforded you some protection) you *may* be able to obtain control over it, if it was correctly registered in your name - contact the registrar.

I thought of that right after I made that post so we'll see if they can help. I'm hopeful! Wish me luck! Haha...