Setup, hardening and maintenance

Hi everyone,

Not sure if in right forum, please move if not.

Please be patient with me as French is my first language and I sometimes have difficulty in comprehending some terms in English.

I am in need of someone reasonably priced to help me setup my hosting server (cpanel,WHM,WHMCS), secure and maintain on as per need basis. Even thow i am new in this business, I do have websites hosted on server. I also have an online backup service. Would also need help with my website as in getting it better ranked. I want to be able to sell web hosting, online backup and Online GPS fleet tracking.

please contact me via marctechfuture@gmail.com or give me your contact details, i do not have skype but willing to setit up if needed.

Thanks
    Marc

Hi Marc,

I'm very much interested in this offer.

And I've sent you an email regarding this.

Kindly have a look.

Thanks,
    Subhish N
    SparkSupport.Com - The Premier Tech Company
    Cloud Solutions|Email Infra setup|VOIP|Video Streaming|Software Development
    Email: info@sparksupport.com Phone : 1- 408-600-1449 | Skype : shijils

Hello Marc,

We have emailed you the details, please feel free to reply to our email, we will be happy to help you.
    iServerSupport.com
    Monthly Server support includes- 24x7 monitoring,Unlimited Admin hours,Security Audit
    Most affordable and Dedicated server support team- Request a Quote now !!
    http://iserversupport.com Email sales@iserversupport.com Skype: iserversupport

Setup, hardening and maintenance

Thanks to all that responded,

As per my server needs, i am not looking to sign a contract or purchase a package at this point. I am looking for a 1 time deal as per setup and hardening, securing. Then as per needed maintenance or repair or diagnose and fix problems. When more hosted clients come in (more monthly revenues) and needs change will be looking into monthly contrat for maintenance and service.

Like i said in previous post i am French, located in Canada. Cpanel, WMS, WHMCS is setup in English. Some is setup already but need tweeking, improvement.

I am renting reseller space on Arvixe servers, would appreciate input on what i have now and if i should change to a better place.

As for my website it is only in french at this point but working on having it in english to.

Any input from all of you is really appreciated.

Thank you
    Marc

Hi Marc,

Kindly check your mail.I've sent you a one-time quote now.

Thanks,
    Subhish N
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Future View Post
    Thanks to all that responded,

As per my server needs, i am not looking to sign a contract or purchase a package at this point. I am looking for a 1 time deal as per setup and hardening, securing. Then as per needed maintenance or repair or diagnose and fix problems. When more hosted clients come in (more monthly revenues) and needs change will be looking into monthly contrat for maintenance and service.

Like i said in previous post i am French, located in Canada. Cpanel, WMS, WHMCS is setup in English. Some is setup already but need tweeking, improvement.

I am renting reseller space on Arvixe servers, would appreciate input on what i have now and if i should change to a better place.

As for my website it is only in french at this point but working on having it in english to.

Any input from all of you is really appreciated.

Thank you
    Marc
    SparkSupport.Com - The Premier Tech Company
    Cloud Solutions|Email Infra setup|VOIP|Video Streaming|Software Development
    Email: info@sparksupport.com Phone : 1- 408-600-1449 | Skype : shijils

We can assist you with this. Please send an e-mail to sales [at] xesupport [dot] net so that we can get started right away!
    XeSupport - Premier American-Based Outsourced Support and Server Management Solutions
    25-minute response time guarantee for you AND your customers!

If you still need help, Please send an email to support[at]vps4cheap[dot]com . We can help you .

Thanks everyone who answers my call for help, i am still in process of figuring out who to choose to help me out.

A question i did not ask is, i have a Super Micro Xeon server collecting dust at the office, i was woundering since i am not looking to offer hosting worlwide and not hopping to get 1000 clients, i only wont to server local or to the limit in North America. Should i keep renting a server of get someone to setup and install CentOs and web hosting software on the server i have and use it to for web hosting?

Has any of you guy's went that route? Have you encountered any problems?

Thanks

Yup ,better to use what you have & colocate. what about drives ? Is it raid or ssd or simple .
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers

It is raid.

Great ! how much your budget now ? Will it okay for you to pay license fee of cpanel,whmcs & server maintenance .

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups

Your right, i have not thought about license fee's. I guess I coult use it with the panel and billing softwares but would not be too secure for business websites. I think i can get it setup with the free stuff and use it for personal use.

Guess i would have to install CentOs and get it up and running to be able to get someone to setup the panel and securing it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Future View Post
    Your right, i have not thought about license fee's. I guess I coult use it with the panel and billing softwares but would not be too secure for business websites. I think i can get it setup with the free stuff and use it for personal use.

Guess i would have to install CentOs and get it up and running to be able to get someone to setup the panel and securing it.

Thanks
    Setting-up,hardening,optimization on centos with free control panel ?

Good for personal use but don't know about your clients.Will they demand better control panel or can you able to convince them with free one ? If yes ,go for it .

---
    If no and you don't have any client now ,also go for it until & unless you have client demanding better control panel .

Good Luck

No i got it Chris, thansk for the advise, i understood when you mentionned cpanel and billing licensing fee's and security.

I am better using the reseller i have and use my server for personal use but with the free stuff.

So now i am still in process of figuring out who to choose to Hardening and securing and make sure setup is ok on my rented space, and try and get someone who can setup My server for personal use. So i figure the minimum point i need to get to before someone can remotelly setup the personal server is to get CentOs up and running.

hmm ,you have to figure out to whom you should choose from above requests . Overall what i could advise is to keep your budget in middle to avoid low quality outcomes & compare the same with the ones you're going to hire .

Best of luck !!

Hi,

I still have not figured out who i should choose for hardening and securing, i am still trying to find info and reviews or past expériences people have had with the ones who replied to my request.

Could any of you with past expériences give me feedback ?

Thanks

cPanel/WHM should come with your reseller package? unless your host is using a different panel.

As for WHMCS, do you need someone to just install and secure it? or do you need someone to install,secure and setup your plans etc? are you going to provide the license as well?

What are you going to use your personal server for?

Add me on Skype I may be able to help you out if you like.

Hi,
    Like said in previous message, have not chosen no one yet.
    I am looking for, first of all someone I can trust and trust to do the work the right way, since I only know the very minimum basics. Looking for setup, not monthly maintenance for now.
    Need someone who can make sure everything is setup correctly, securing and hardening.
    Setup plans and securing WHMCS ( License provided with reseller package)
    Verifying if FTP is setup correctly and correcting.
    Seting up SLL for Ecommerce ( Witch is included in my packing). Making sure email server is setup properly and if not correcting it.
    Personal server would be used for Owncloud.

To Savio, i do not have Skype setup yet you can contact me via my email for now, if ok with you.

Thanks

I will send you an email asap , look forward to talking to you there
    Pure SSD VPS with DDoS Protection - Netuplink.net
    Click here for performance|DDoS Protection| Daily Backups|True 24x7 Support
    Contact us - sales(@)netuplink.net

Sent you an email, it would be from netuplinkcare.

Hi,

After going through the full conversation here, I think one-time support can be costly and you might need to compare this with the monthly management plan and see what suits the best and what would be most cost effective. Check the quotes for one-time plan (hourly management) and compare it with the monthly cPanel management plan. Check the things involved in both of them and check what would be a better option for you.
    www.24x7servermanagement.com
    Server Management, Server Security, Server Monitoring.
    India's Leading Managed Service Provider !! Skype: techs24x7