Australian based VPS hosting options?

hi there
    have a number of vps servers with USA based VPS hosts, very happy with these companies but as they are USA based load time could be improved with AU based server. Also search engine considerations as well fictate we need to offer AU based hsoting. So now looking to setup future accounts a little closer to home with australian based vps hosting

Does anyone know of a really good, fast, reliable affordable vps host offering cpanel/whm vps hosting in a top notch australian data centre.

hoping to pay arounf $100 per month, with room to grow when we have more clients on the server...

This is the average package we are on with us based hosts so looking for something as close as possible to this...

$89 Monthly
    $0 Setup
    2 GB Burst RAM
    512 MB Guaranteed RAM
    20 GB Storage
    500 GB Monthly Transfer
    4 IP Addresses
    Unlimited Domains
    Unlimited User Accounts
    Cpanel/WHM

Minimum Server Specs
    Dual Xeon 3 GHz or Better
    8 GB Registered ECC RAM
    U320 SCSI HD in Hardware RAID 10
    Zero Downtime During Drive Failure
    Hot-Swap Drives and Fans
    Replaceable on the Fly
    Dual Gigabit Network Interfaces

If anyone can point me in the direction of some reputable companies id be very happy!

Yes i have searched the forum but cant really find mention of good australian based vps hosts

Thanks again!

Kym

You will not find a dedicated or VPS with that much bandwidth in AU for that price.

Bandwidth over here is way to expensive.
    Talk to Telstra they control it all.

Typical dedicated server over here with 300 gig of bandwidth a month for whole server is about $400.00 to $800.00 AU a month.

If you lower your bandwidth specs to about 50 gig a month you might be able to find something in your price range.

Check over at http://webhostingtalk.com.au for some offers.

hi techark
    yep sorry meant to say that i understood i wont get as much bandwidth...
    damn telstra eh, once again greedy and short sighted standing in the way of australian innovation.
    but i guess im saying im looking for the most similar specs as possible

yes ive looked over at wht.au but cant find much there
    was hoping to get some opinions of ppl who have been using a au based vps host and are really happy with their experience
    its how i found the last few us based hosts..
    thanks again for your comments

Kym

Never used then myself so can't say for sure if they are good or bad, but you can check out neural.com.au and spiritconnect.com.au I think they both offer VPS with 20 gig of transfer for around $150.00 a month.

I've had a small VPS with www.NetLogistics.com.au for the past couple of years and I've been very happy with it - top-quality hardware, great reliability and a very professional company. Not cheap but... affordable? I think so.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

I can confirm that bandwidth in Australia is VERY expensive. I can confirm that the price of 300 GB for $800 is not delirious at all (in fact, it's quite realistic).

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

Au bandwith toooooo expensiv if you do find one let me no

Don't know what sort of site you are running but you could look at hosting any files for download etc on a US server and just keeping the web pages on the aussie servers. Of course this could mean a fair bit of web design etc but it might help shift some of the bandwidth load.