Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Honestly, who care's if they "claim to be the largest"? They are **NOT** small and i dont think they are doing any injustice by stating that.

I've seen far worse fly-by-night companies stating that they are the "largest". But in the end who cares?
    @Steven
    I think its not right nor professional to tell your competitor (it may not be a DIRECT competitor, but it is still in the same field) to "change" their "statements" to include the word "cPanel" so that you would "shut-up" about it.

That ^ is my honest opinion.

I agree with OP and Steven C.

I am thinking why can't we ourselves claim that We are the LARGEST COMPANY in our domain with our own facts on hand.

The most important effect of the claims and statements,
    is that they do get new customers for their services,

I did the same a few years back, but it does not mean that they are
    good at their services as well.

Most/All of our vps's got hacked regularly for whatever time they managed our servers, really poor services with the security optimization they did, however support tickets were answered promptly.

We had to oursource to another company, after which we never looked back.

Moral of the story, Statements & Claims do get you new clients but cannot
    make them stick with you.

Quote Originally Posted by globushosting View Post
    The most important effect of the claims and statements,
    is that they do get new customers for their services,

I did the same a few years back, but it does not mean that they are
    good at their services as well.

Most/All of our vps's got hacked regularly for whatever time they managed our servers, really poor services with the security optimization they did, however support tickets were answered promptly.

We had to oursource to another company, after which we never looked back.

Moral of the story, Statements & Claims do get you new clients but cannot
    make them stick with you.
    Yeah its marketing speak, the same as with every company claiming they offer the best prices and service, its all subjective, and not very easy to measure. I remember a few years ago hear in Australia on one of our major IT forums some guys had a huge debate over the term 24/7 support and that particular term was described as just marketing speak as well as everyone was saying it, or similar things.
    So the answer to this is to focus on your own business and your own direction, and if a company, and i'm talking generally hear not specifically about PSM, but if a company starts to go down hill or does something that a bunch of customers feel is unethical then the community does deserve to hear about it, but getting worked up over tag lines is a bit silly really.

Well I was speaking some colleagues in the finance sector we agreed there is 2 methods of "Declaring size" the obvious one is the staff members employed, Generally the second question asked when filling out a trade/finance/service applications and the second one is gross sales revenue.

The reality is it has nothing to do with the amount of customers you have or how many tissue boxes you sold (or in this case how many servers you manage).

This does make sense, but I think a lot of these terms are still used by hosts for marketing though.

I am curious why don't you consider HP and IBM as "server management companies".
    Shouldn't the term "Largest server management company" be refined so that companies like HP and IBM are excluded.
    Last edited by sgitservice; 05-20-2015 at 07:30 AM.

Now I would definitely consider these 2 companies to be more trusted than PSM, would you agree?
    I wouldn't even think of comparing PSM with Rack911/admingeeks with PSM. PSM is a cheap, well managed provider that treat each customer as an Inode and you dont / cant expect any personalized service with them within that price range.
    Last edited by SkyNetHosting; 06-08-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyNetHosting View Post
    I wouldn't even think of comparing PSM with Rack911/admingeeks with PSM. PSM is a cheap, well managed provider that treat each customer as an Inode and you dont / cant expect any personalized service with them within that price range.
    Ha thats what I think you think of your customers and disk space don't ya think its a bit strange you offer 500GB disk space on a 384GB server with 40GB remaining space lel

That aside yes you cannot compare the service offerings from both providers.

i am use there service. there support are really good.
    Platinum Server Management is Largest server management company! i dont know that but there service and support are very good.

thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234