jasinx Guest
    Hi everyone, I have a question similar to this as well.
    I plan to get a semi-dedicated account for reseller hosting purposes.
    Specs:
    Quad core Harpertown 2.5 GHz
    100gb dedicated disk space
    1gb dedicated DDR2 RAM
    100Mbps Connection
    1000gb dedicated bandwidth
    (cPanel and fantastico included)
    I was just wondering if a server like this would be able to handle 100 users, each being given a 1gb account with 10gb bandwidth. Thanks for your help in advance!

Space and bandwidth says nothing about the stability of system. It depends on the load, how the sites are working. We have hosted for one blog only, and it's running on 4GB RAM VPS

Hi Jasinx,
    I would probably recommend you look at more RAM, And also either a backup solution or raided hard drives.
    having a server which is giving your customers grief because of insufficient ram can be a common mistake. Also, Losing all of your customers data because of no backup or RAID configuration is something which should not be overlooked.

RikeMedia|Rick Guest
    It would completely depend on the sites. For example, we've had a client be able to put 100+ sites on a 1 GB VPS, we have others who will only have 1 site on a 1 GB VPS. It completely depends on the size of the site and traffic.
    I would say (as a rule of thumb) that you will need a bit more bandwidth. I would up it to at least 2GB. If you post your budget, we may all be able to help recommend some plans for you.

It would completely depend on the sites. For example, we've had a client be able to put 100+ sites on a 1 GB VPS, we have others who will only have 1 site on a 1 GB VPS. It completely depends on the size of the site and traffic.
    I would say (as a rule of thumb) that you will need a bit more bandwidth. I would up it to at least 2GB. If you post your budget, we may all be able to help recommend some plans for you.
    Agreed. It really does depend on the sites that are hosted. You have to find a good balance based on your requirements and budget. The great thing about a VPS is that upgrades are very easy/quick for the most part.
    May I ask why 100 accounts?