* Host allowing DIFFERENT C-Class IP's???

Hey all, this place is amazing! I am looking for a Host that allows me to spread my network across multiple C-Class IP's (C-subnet) and also allows a decent amount of bandwidth.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

K

Are you looking to use your own Class C or IP's provided by the host?

If you are looking for a host to provide you the IP's, you should be looking to get servers in different physical data centers. (which would provide the different networks)

stokes_83, I think my post was a little confusion...by "network" I mean my network of websites. Yes, I am looking for a host to spread my 10 sites or so across all different c-subnet IP's. I also need at least decent bandwidth. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Alphacooler
    stokes_83, I think my post was a little confusion...by "network" I mean my network of websites. Yes, I am looking for a host to spread my 10 sites or so across all different c-subnet IP's. I also need at least decent bandwidth. Any ideas?

Can we ask why you want different c class subnets? Or is it just for seo? (do a search on that here)
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

Well one option would be to go with several different hosting providers and spread the sites out across them. If you want to stick with a single provider, you could request that they host certain sites at certain data centers. Not many hosting providers have multiple USA data centers that they advertise.

One option may be http://www.websitesource.com/company/network_vps.shtml.

You would probably have to speak to them (or any host) to see if they can do what you need.

ChrisTech, it is indeed for SEO reasons...with the type of depth Google seems to be analyzing sites it seems wise to spread a network of sites across multiple C-class subnets. What exactly do you recommend I search for?

Find a host you like and ask if they can do that. Its not that difficult to provide what you're asking, but many hosts don't actively advertise it.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Tina,

That is what I thought. But the hosts I love don't do it. Site5 is great, but they don't allow it, that is why I am asking for suggestions.

anyone?

Not very many people need or ask for that. I think, in the last 8 years, we've provided that for MAYBE 4 customers. I doubt you'll find many people here who actually use IPs like that...so it will be hard to find recommendations.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Thanks Tina. I would have imagined more people wanting to do this for SEO purposes. Not to do anything black hat, but simply b/c Google is getting a little overly zealous w/their new spam attack. Their algos are KILLING sites that are involved in the same niche and on the same IP.

Alphacooler,

I honestly think if you would ask a host for a quote on such they would be able to assist you with it. I would think several hosts have servers located in multiple datacenters/locations. Just possibly not all have control panels on them which would probably be the only difficulty you might encounter.

I would simply ask about it from several hosting provider's sales dept email.

-Justin

I've been trying hosting company sales' departments ALL DAY. Nobody will let me do this, from the big boys down to some smaller hosts. I don't understand why this is so hard. Anyone?

Its an unusual request perhaps emailing and asking hosts who post here since forum rules forbid answering to your request here.

You must be looking in the wrong place then, as Tina says many host will allow this but don't activley advertise it as an offering.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Thanks Tina. I would have imagined more people wanting to do this for SEO purposes. Not to do anything black hat, but simply b/c Google is getting a little overly zealous w/their new spam attack. Their algos are KILLING sites that are involved in the same niche and on the same IP.
    Just don't cross link your websites to extremes and you should be fine with Google.

I personally wouldn't get so paranoid if your not doing anything to game Google.

Of course if your one of those blackhat's, hosting on different IP's might be ideal for you, if you crosslink your sites alot.

Originally posted by Chrysalis
    Its an unusual request perhaps emailing and asking hosts who post here since forum rules forbid answering to your request here.

Exactly!

--Tina