Bandwidth - anything..
    MySQL - 2/3 DB
    PHP - version 5
    Domain - min 2 domain in 1 site
    Money Back Guarantee - min 30 days
    SSH access
    .htaccess Overrides
    Budget is $6
    and the MOST important is i want a real hosting company...not an individual person who run so-called hosting business. So, i need 24x7x365 technical support by chat/phone
    Also, it should not have 400+ sites in 1 single server.

I think budget is too low. Either you don't need so much space or you have to increase your budget. The only reliable host I know and have used may be downtownhost.com, their Silver plan (7 Gb space, 250 Gb bandwith), but they will charge 10$ monthly if you sign for 1 year.

I am sure you can find host that has your plan just that the word reliable may be difficult to judge until you actually sign up with them and use their service.
    And that not have 400+ sites in 1 single server is relative in that it also depends on the kind of servers and sites that are hosted.
    One host that I can think of is site5.com which seems to be offering everything "unlimited"
    Good luck with your search.

Also, it should not have 400+ sites in 1 single server.
    For $6/month - good luck. You will need to up your budget a tad or reduce your requirements in my opinion but maybe you will get lucky.

Thanks guys...
    My concern about 400+ sites is the server respond time... If it is hosted on high spec server, thn it should be fine. whatever is, as long i have 24x7 support...im okay...
    Roy, i dont really trust those hosting company who provide "unlimited"

Thanks guys...Sure
    My concern about 400+ sites is the server respond time... If it is hosted on high spec server, thn it should be fine. whatever is, as long i have 24x7 support...im okay...It's understandable, if they're running a cluster or some other high-end solution then likely 400 sites showing up on the same server won't be an issue. Even on just regular higher end hardware 400 sites would likely be fine unless more than a few are "heavy hitters" when it comes to resource usage.
    Roy, i dont really trust those hosting company who provide "unlimited"Good idea generally as "unlimited" is pretty dishonest in most cases.

I see you meant the amount of site in a server? This varies greatly as it depends on the specifications of the server as well as the nature of those websites. A server can easily have 1K+ low traffic static HTML sites but it may not be able to withstand more than 100+ of high traffic dynamic website.

Budget is $6
    and the MOST important is i want a real hosting company...not an individual person who run so-called hosting business. So, i need 24x7x365 technical support by chat/phone
    Also, it should not have 400+ sites in 1 single server.`
    And how it does suppose that the host it's going to make money? you want 24/7 support on a non overcrowded server and pay only $6? I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen.

the one thing I find most far fetched is the SSH access requirement, most shared hosts won't allow it because it is too risky on a shared host.

the one thing I find most far fetched is the SSH access requirement, most shared hosts won't allow it because it is too risky on a shared host.
    That's a brave statement to make however on a properly managed and secured system, I would happily disagree
    Your budget isn't really in proportion with your space requirement and requiring 24/7 phone and live chat support is a little crazy when your asking for those many resources. I'd say relax your requirement on phone or livechat support or drop your space requirement considerably.

I was about to say the same thing njoker555. I couldn't believe a host offering SSH access for a shared environment. Maybe reseller, at a fee. But not a regular shared hosting package.
    Also, quite a few one man shops are able to offer 24/7 support at least through the help desk. There are plenty of ways to receive notifications of new tickets, such as with WHMCS you can set it up to email you when there is a ticket. You set that email up with an SMS service and your good to go.

That's a brave statement to make however on a properly managed and secured system, I would happily disagree
    Your budget isn't really in proportion with your space requirement and requiring 24/7 phone and live chat support is a little crazy when your asking for those many resources. I'd say relax your requirement on phone or livechat support or drop your space requirement considerably.
    well I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I am just saying that some people are smart/stupid enough to try something malicious lol - and personally I'd like to avoid that
    resellers are another thing.

well I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I am just saying that some people are smart/stupid enough to try something malicious lol - and personally I'd like to avoid that
    resellers are another thing.
    What is more aggravating for us are non malicious people who accidently clear their account out via their SSH . A simple restore from backups usually fixes this, and we kindly ask them to be more careful next time, lol.

Have to learn SSH commands somehow Aquarious. I have done this a couple of times when I ran a forum on a VPS....but you figure out what you did, and try not to do it again Then you find another way to clear the account

Roy, i dont really trust those hosting company who provide "unlimited"
    That name just popped up. I am sure there are other host that offers something close to what you want. Just be patience

Hello,
    I recommend having a look into the advertisements section of this forum you are sure to find a host there that you can use

To want to use SSH and to expect to pay $5 - $6 per month is not realistic at all. I remember that 5 years ago we used to allow some shared customer to use SSH and it was a pain. So we don;t do this anymore since... I believe 2005. To use SSH is just different class service. So go for a VPS.

Hi,
    Im looking for a reliable web hosting.
    I do not understand this: Bandwidth - anything.. ? mmmm....Literally? I would seem you would be ok with a PC, or a modest server at home

Paul-SimplisticHost Guest
    If you don't want so many websites on a server. I'd recommend going with a smaller web host that's more personal than the highly advertised hosting companies.
    You may have to up your bid to around $10 per month for a better web host.

Jailed SSH is available from many shared hosting providers, including some extremely reliable and high-quality hosts like MediaLayer.com. I believe that if the host knows what they're doing then offering SSH isn't a risk. (And if they don't know what they're doing then blocking SSH won't save them - they're probably wide open to attack through php, cgi or cron jobs).
    But 5GB, 24/7 phone and chat for $6? That would be harder to find...

But 5GB, 24/7 phone and chat for $6? That would be harder to find...
    Yes, that budget is on the lower side for a 5gb shared hosting.

well guys....there are alot of overselling company is out there... which can get what i want...only thing is support/downtime....
    SSH, well, nowadays most of the company is implemented jailed ssh, which i dont think have problem as far security is concern... if there are still have company who dont have jailed ssh...thn no comment
    i found this website... infrenion[dot]com - any comments from you guys?
    About the min disk space, at this moment i just need 3GB, but i simply put 5gb just incase...
    Bandwidth - for me 10GB is enough as user not gonna download some stuff from my site...

rockyseo Guest
    There are many free host available -- try those free hosts first & then analyse the performance of your website !!

Well, if its something for personal/testing site...thn no problem using free site..but i have a forum and my own blog.. so i need reliable host so that i wont lost my site hits

JediBrad Guest
    Hey for $6 you wont get any reliable host. Try your luck and if possible increase your Budget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast